CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't wait for 2018 Regionals in a Hotel function room somewhere in California, leading up to 2018 Worlds in a rented out McDonald's Playspace

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always despised empire strongholds.

at least the game is over fast. 

ive lost track of how many games have gone into overtime on fathom that either draw or I lose. Its 12+ minutes of my life im not getting back.

The decision to fork into two playlists was such a cowardly decision in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 9

For the better part of 2017, the HCS team has been heads-down and hard at work on the future of the Halo Championship Series in 2018, and the result will be a major shift like players, team orgs, and fans have been asking for

>major 

:thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking: 

• Upvote (+1) 6

They didn't mention MLG helping the HCS during the first worlds  L M A O

• Downvote (-1) 2

Fact: Clap hasn't logged on since Aug. 14.

Premise: There seems to be a positive correlation with how long you haven't logged on to TB, and how involved you are with HCS (hence why Tashi and Bravo forgot their passwords and yet are at the centre of HCS).

Conclusion: MLG fucking confirmed

That's an amazing theory.

Total BS. 

But amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We strive to have more open and honest communication with our fans, players, and team organizations

More communication as they still have yet to log in to beyond and post these types of updates

I know a few pages back people were talking about losing interest in Halo, and I'd hate to bring that topic back.

But after this announcement of their 2018 announcement, the only thing I can think of is "what will bring me back?" All of my excitement pretty much died with worlds 2017, and I fully intend to ask Tashi about it in the AMA, but I don't know what they can tell me that would get me excited. Being around the competitive community more would help, honestly some of my favorite posts are Neighbor's sly comments every once in a while, but we keep hearing they'll be around more then bail right after a big event.

MLG support would definitely be exciting, more local events in Microsoft stores would be great (my city skipped out for reasons I have yet to fathom), removing all abilities and radar would be fantastic. I don't know what else they could do.

EDIT: Actually, freeplay retro stations at events would be incredible. Make the events something actually fun to go to if you're not competing. I think it was UGC who did the H1 stations with the Beach LAN guys? If I had more notice of that I would have flown out to it, that sounded like a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snipped gif

Not going to lie, seeing this gif made me realize how douchey I sounded when there's a big Halo esports announcement and I said I can't get excited at all.

I'm still going to watch the livestream and check out the AMA, even if it doesn't grab me as a consumer anymore I'm sure they have something big to announce if they're doing something more than a blog post about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've stopped playing Halo 5 for the first time since the game came out (been playing at least 4 days a week since its inception). Been reflecting on what finally made me pull the plug and I think it was 2 things. 

1) Lack of content

It took years but my sanity cannot take it anymore. The HCS playlist brought a rush of new life but it is not just the fact that it is stale now - but there is no hope of another refresh like it. If you have faith that 343 is going to refresh the HCS playlist with game modes or maps you're an idiot. It took years for this fact to settle in for me. 

2) Aiming and movement

Maybe I just suck but when I was grinding I was better than average. High Onyx in HCS and Slayer Champ a few seasons where I really tried. However, I realized after quitting H5 and then getting on a few weeks later in a moment of pure boredom that H5 unlike any FPS I have ever played requires you to warm up and play on almost a daily basis or you're a scrub against any decent or better player. Maybe this is just me, but holy fuck you want to know what everyone is talking about when it comes to H5's aim? Don't play for a week and then jump into a ranked game.

Anyways, just rambling - the thread has been dying with H5 downer talk, just thought I'd pile on. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is there any chance this news coming could have something to do with LAN support for h5? The fact that tashi made a point to talk about open events at the end of his blog, leaves me curious.

So I've stopped playing Halo 5 for the first time since the game came out (been playing at least 4 days a week since its inception). Been reflecting on what finally made me pull the plug and I think it was 2 things.

1) Lack of content

It took years but my sanity cannot take it anymore. The HCS playlist brought a rush of new life but it is not just the fact that it is stale now - but there is no hope of another refresh like it. If you have faith that 343 is going to refresh the HCS playlist with game modes or maps you're an idiot. It took years for this fact to settle in for me.

2) Aiming and movement

Maybe I just suck but when I was grinding I was better than average. High Onyx in HCS and Slayer Champ a few seasons where I really tried. However, I realized after quitting H5 and then getting on a few weeks later in a moment of pure boredom that H5 unlike any FPS I have ever played requires you to warm up and play on almost a daily basis or you're a scrub against any decent or better player. Maybe this is just me, but holy fuck you want to know what everyone is talking about when it comes to H5's aim? Don't play for a week and then jump into a ranked game.

Anyways, just rambling - the thread has been dying with H5 downer talk, just thought I'd pile on.

Man, the second point has really been hitting home for me. I haven't gotten to play much lately due to obligations. If I take some days off from this game, when I get back on, I am absolute garbage. At my best I have the best stats solo queuing in matchmaking 80% of games, but when I come back from a break I am in the bottom 2 of the team every game for at least a couple days. I can't even figure it out or pinpoint exactly why, I just can't hit anything and my movement mechanics are so sluggish. It makes me want to play the game even less, its like if I'm not on all the time then there's no point.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Is there any chance this news coming could have something to do with LAN support for h5? The fact that tashi made a point to talk about open events at the end of his blog, leaves me curious.

halo 5 doesn't have any support anymore, just menke and some janitor, so no.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not happening unless they create a new version with p2p infrastructure. I'd be really surprised if they made that kind of investment this late in the cycle because it would probably require them to overhaul their rendering solution.

it would be cool (and probably easier) if they added LAN support to the pc version, and used that at tournaments. But I doubt it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The team is 0-7 and can't even win 20% of their games. They're lucky to even have a sponsor at all.

Their win rate is irrelevant.... and it's not a sponsor if they don't, you know, sponsor them...... really ignorant statement.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The team is 0-7 and can't even win 20% of their games.  They're lucky to even have a sponsor at all.

They have a lower map win % than Summer 2016 Optic.

And that team had MANIAC.

The team is 0-7 and can't even win 20% of their games.  They're lucky to even have a sponsor at all.

There's a lot more to sponsors and orgs than win rate.