CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lmao I'm just lurking through the forums refreshing the page every hour waiting for a new post.

• Upvote (+1) 9

No new posts in almost 5 hours.. (insert gif of tumbleweed)

This is what happens when all of the fun accounts are banned. I miss @@Cooper and @@shitlin - never saw the big deal with them. 

I liked having arguments and conflicting opinions. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is what happens when all of the fun accounts are banned. I miss @@Cooper and @@shitlin - never saw the big deal with them. 

I liked having arguments and conflicting opinions. 

There's nothing wrong with conflicting opinions, it's when they go past that with the 4-5+ bans we have to act.

The reason "hype" is down is because people just don't care about the competitive Halo as much as they did. Online Pro League is a bore overall, actual tournaments that matter are rare now, tie in the lack of team changes and stale settings and we arrive to this. Most people saw that downward spiral coming from miles away, but they didn't act fast enough

• Upvote (+1) 2

On the bright side, catching up on posts after a weeks break has never been easier

You aint kiddin'

I have actually been getting work done at work the first couple hours of the day lately.  

Its fucking depressing and my productivity has gone through the roof.  My boss is going to start expecting more of me...

This is bad guys, real bad.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I can't figure out how/why interest has dropped so sharply in just the past two months, though ... also way fewer players in H5 itself.  This is anecdotal, but I added like 450 gamertags in late 2015 when I was first starting customs (anyone who posted in a Halo custom games thread), and I've seen the activity of these players change over the past two years; basically they're all playing Destiny 2 now?  So maybe it's that

I can't figure out how/why interest has dropped so sharply in just the past two months, though ... also way fewer players in H5 itself.  This is anecdotal, but I added like 450 gamertags in late 2015 when I was first starting customs (anyone who posted in a Halo custom games thread), and I've seen the activity of these players change over the past two years; basically they're all playing Destiny 2 now?  So maybe it's that

Halo 5 is old news. A lot of the fixes people wanted have either happened already or will never happen. New games are out and the big ones have been slowly draining whats left of H5. There isn't really any news. Idk as a Halo player there just isn't anything to look forward to other than the fact that there will be a new game at some point probably and another season of H5 that many won't watch just like they haven't been really keeping up with this one. 

It sucks but they just really aren't making a splash or doing anything interesting so people will find something else to care about. Really having a drought of  worthwhile content, news, big changes, events, etc is how you let a scene have a slow and quiet death. You've gotta keep people coming back for more to retain a healthy population

I can think of 10 different places that would've been better than the venue for worlds 2017. For worlds 2018, they better have a venue set up already. 

I can think of 10 different places that would've been better than the venue for worlds 2017. For worlds 2018, they better have a venue set up already. 

At this point I'd just be happy to have an event at all after recent trends.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point I'd just be happy to have an event at all after recent trends.

They're gonna format it like their own adaptation of League of Legends Worlds.

Play-in Stage in February.

3 week break

Group Stage.

3 week break.

Actual bracket stage, with one match per week over the course of 3 months.

I'll see you all at Halo World Championships 2018, brought to you from Burbank.

I can't imagine that they'll have issues with the venue for Worlds '18.  They caught way too much backlash from way too many gaming news outlets to hold it at Burbank again.

I can't imagine that they'll have issues with the venue for Worlds '18.  They caught way too much backlash from way too many gaming news outlets to hold it at Burbank again.

Every single person before Worlds 2017:

"There is no way they can hold it at Burbank. They would get so much shit."

Remember who you are dealing with.

• Upvote (+1) 3

orly.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

But in the larger scope, the current route is the transition from Halo 4 to Halo 5, which was a massive improvement. So you don't want to see the competitive scene crumble relative to that. Even if there's a long way to go, the message we want them to take away is that "the increased competitiveness in H5 improved the scene. Let's do more of that."

Sorry to drudge up an old post, I'm catching up.

Massive improvement from the worst game in the franchise is quite the stretch. The fact of the matter is, yes H5 "improved" the scene, because they threw millions of dollars at it. And even that wasn't enough to get the community to the point where we can pass 60 teams at a tournament. We're in a piss poor state right now because no one wants to play nor cares about this franchise anymore. Halo 5 can be an improvement on Halo 4, sure. But to the franchise as a whole, barely.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2