CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone here remember Bungie?

:mj:

When they let MLG run the Halo tournaments? Yes I do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

First Hysteria, now Goofy. Who's next to make a comeback? My money is on Totz  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

First Hysteria, now Goofy. Who's next to make a comeback? My money is on Totz  :kappa:

Shook On3 & Dark Vegetto plz

• Upvote (+1) 3

So apparently LATAM has their own Halo league going on. Check out the Gamelta stream.

Edit. : So on 11th Nov, there will be league finals, Lan, with 40k prize pool. Also, on 28th Oct, there seems to be some kind of qualifier, also Lan.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That 5 man Gnar ult was sick. 

Pastrytime's hype >

I went to MSG for SKT v. ROX (and SSG v. H2K hah) at Worlds last season and was at the NALCS summer finals in Boston in September. It's definitely different from Halo in that most everything in League sort of builds up and you can feel the energy of an entire arena start to buzz before huge moments. Both times I've gone we brought somebody along who had never even played the game before but was super into the event. 

I love Halo but man, the juxtaposition between Riot and 343 is staggering. It's nothing that hasn't been said before, but 343 or Microsoft really needs to take a long hard look at this scene. The resource allocation seems WAY off for HCS and it's too bad. I'd much rather have watched the HWC with $500k prize pools with the rest of the money going towards a LAN event season. We can dream, but the model is out there and we still had the weak ass pro league so my optimism is at an all time low.

I think it was just e-mailed out to players/managers.

could you log onto your NavG123 account real quick and share it? thanx <3

Uh yeah... so can I get my green title back after Denver or... Kappa

#GreenBatchford

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion, and stay with me for a moment, I would love for MLG to come back into our community. With that being said, I hope Halo 5 doesn't partner with MLG because MLG will end up increasing viewership for Halo (stay with me).

If viewership increases, I honestly think 343 will begin to think that the way this game plays is actually okay, and these design decisions will continue down their current route. The only way to influence positive direction is by negative feedback unfortunately and if there's anything we need right now, it's decisions that will make this franchise better in the long run. Not just next year.

But in the larger scope, the current route is the transition from Halo 4 to Halo 5, which was a massive improvement. So you don't want to see the competitive scene crumble relative to that. Even if there's a long way to go, the message we want them to take away is that "the increased competitiveness in H5 improved the scene. Let's do more of that."

Sorry to drudge up an old post, I'm catching up.