CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They shouldn't seed them at all. It makes no sense to place EU in champ bracket when they get bounced by NA ams routinely.

Instead have group play. 4 groups of 5

Top 8 NA teams + Top 4 EU teams + Final 8 open bracket teams (end open bracket at top 8)

Each group would have 2NA teams, 1EU team, and 2 open teams. Last team in each group eliminated.

This way, champ bracket would be filled with teams who earned the right to be there... IN DENVER. The best 16 teams No spots reserved for anyone.

so the MLG system. It’s as if they know what they’re doing
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

their tournament was a regional qualifier 

how do you suggest they seed the EU teams with the NA teams?

last season eu got 4 champ bracket spots and NA only got 6

this season NA gets 8, EU has the 9th/10th champ bracket spots and the top two open bracket spots, seems fine to me

i would prefer that eu and na play eachother more than once at the end of the season. we had almost 2 months of downtime this season. we couldve easily had a mid season eu/na lan to help determine seeding while giving eu its own lan. its better than just shoving them in random seeds

That 5 man Gnar ult was sick. 

dude that really was an amazing play. flash wolves still nearly came back but im glad tsm won. 3-0 for na on the day

• Upvote (+1) 2

so the MLG system. It’s as if they know what they’re doing

It's crazy that they REFUSE to use a format that makes sense. Then they put out these convoluted excuses for why things are formatted this way- overthinking and still coming up with a bad idea.

Everyone would benefit.

No argument against this being fair.

No NA ams complaining about worse teams getting slots they would have earned given the opportunity.

EU teams guaranteed a minimum of 4 games against top NA talent instead of getting sent home after 2 matches.

The Friday stream isn't filled to the brim with no-name teams and downtime.

This is flawless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Old Bungie I remember fondly. 

Modern Bungie, not so much.

My wallet will never forget modern Bungie.

It's crazy that they REFUSE to use a format that makes sense. Then they put out these convoluted excuses for why things are formatted this way- overthinking and still coming up with a bad idea.

Everyone would benefit.

No argument against this being fair.

No NA ams complaining about worse teams getting slots they would have earned given the opportunity.

EU teams guaranteed a minimum of 4 games against top NA talent instead of getting sent home after 2 matches.

The Friday stream isn't filled to the brim with no-name teams and downtime.

This is flawless.

I honestly think they don't do anything that makes sense because people associate it with the companies they're always compared to when people point out how shit they are with everything in regard to running an esport

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think they don't do anything that makes sense because people associate it with the companies they're always compared to when people point out how shit they are with everything in regard to running an esport

Sounds about right, sadly.

Avoid doing the obvious thing that would vastly improve the league immediately... out of spite.

Sounds about right, sadly.

Avoid doing the obvious thing that would vastly improve the league immediately... out of spite.

The only other options I can really come up with would be that they're actually just not very intelligent or they have some kind of behind the scenes deal with the EU orgs/sponsors and are pressured into making sure they're put on some sort of stage. I feel like a group stage would solve the last problem though and willfully using terrible formats over and over doesn't really make any sense without something influencing straying away from an easy decision to take the successful route

Nerf Shottzy plz 

what the effing eff was that overkill

edit: but seriously he has clips like this at least once per night

Anyone have a link to the rulebook for the fall season/Denver? Does it even exist?

@@TiberiusAudley

@@Moses_FPS

@@TheSimms

Yes, had to wait on some final logistical details for the players, will be public on proleague.com in next week or so I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only other options I can really come up with would be that they're actually just not very intelligent or they have some kind of behind the scenes deal with the EU orgs/sponsors and are pressured into making sure they're put on some sort of stage. I feel like a group stage would solve the last problem though and willfully using terrible formats over and over doesn't really make any sense without something influencing straying away from an easy decision to take the successful route

Nothing would be better for EU/sponsors that having groupplay, because their would be guarunteed timeslots for them to appear on stream- upto 4 times- more if they make champs.

I think it's lack of experience plus some misguided desire to prove they can forge their own path.

I just keeping thinking back to the St Louis world's qualifier- there was nonsense at EVERY PHASE. Single elim placement tourney- top open team given 8th seed, open team given a bye in champ bracket, "seeding points" favoring pro's rather than placements etc.

Then we find out later that TOs advised against all this BS, but was overruled by 343. Its maddening... whoever is in charge literally doesnt know what they are doing, but they refuse to learn from experienced people. Instead its trial and repeated errors.

Just so yous know EG have been scriming the past couple of nights. I just missed them because Roy went from Roy the LION to thee Roy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's lack of experience plus some misguided desire to prove they can forge their own path.

This could be said about any change/decision 343 has made with regards to Halo post NSNB Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This basically.

People think that me and others like to trash on it - but it’s pretty insane to me that a game that has had 3+ million in prizing these last few years has driven my passion down so much. I couldn’t tell you when Dreamhack is if you asked me right now.

Exactly. I used to think you were overly cynical but I'm in the same boat now. Only reason I know dates for Denver is because CS:GO is having an event there as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Get this to 30 upvotes and Ill be the first one to get crowd surfing going at esports events as I stage dive into the crowd.

Sounds expensive

• Upvote (+1) 2

This past season of Pro League was quite boring imo. I barley watched. How It was all scheduled was a hype killer for me plus having to wait weeks with nothing for Denver. I think the event will be great but It's just unfortunate to not feel any hype for this event like I have felt In the past. I hope we get some great games and a grand finals like we had In Atlanta. I look forward to seeing everyone If you're attending.

Get this to 30 upvotes and Ill be the first one to get crowd surfing going at esports events as I stage dive into the crowd. :kappa:

also.... If It Isn't broke...don't fix it.

The scheduling of the last two pro leagues is absolute proof that ESL doesn't give a shit at all. I dare someone from 343 or ESL to attempt to argue otherwise.