CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

same, I haven't watched a minute of Halo after dreamhack and haven't played but maybe 5 games. I used to watch scrims every night and play almost every day.

I used to watch scrims too. Back when pros actually streamed scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that Halo eSports lost me (a dedicated Halo eSports fan since H2) is a testament to how much the ball has been dropped.

The games are so stagnant - they've wasted their game's biggest asset (forge), focused way too much on online play (poor spectator mode), and didn't introduce any new game modes or maps.

Kills me to see it go down like this.

This basically.

People think that me and others like to trash on it - but it’s pretty insane to me that a game that has had 3+ million in prizing these last few years has driven my passion down so much. I couldn’t tell you when Dreamhack is if you asked me right now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

looks like burbank has a new esports venue  :kappa:

where's the bouncy house? can i get my oil changed there? no overflow tent?

seriously though, i'm pretty sure this is where the first season of OWL will be held. it looks like an amazing venue.

173211-full.jpg

if we had something like that for worlds that wouldve been much more fitting

where's the bouncy house? can i get my oil changed there? no overflow tent?

seriously though, i'm pretty sure this is where the first season of OWL will be held. it looks like an amazing venue.

173211-full.jpg

if we had something like that for worlds that wouldve been much more fitting

That has a capacity of about 350.  How many did last worlds have, like 125?  350 is barely bigger than my college lecture halls but its still almost 3 times as big as worlds.

Jesus the venue last year was just sooooo bad.

That has a capacity of about 350.  How many did last worlds have, like 125?  350 is barely bigger than my college lecture halls but its still almost 3 times as big as worlds.

450 plus

50,000-square-foot space that boasts three studios, two control rooms, three press rooms, two guest lounges and several other amenities.

not massive by any means but it should make for a great spectator experience which is want you want at basically the beginning of the esport

• Upvote (+1) 1

3rd and 4th EU teams seeded 1 and 2 in open bracket is fucked

Yes, but it's better than having them automatically in champ bracket. No matter what, their placement in the bracket is going to be completely arbitrary.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, but it's better than having them automatically in champ bracket. No matter what, their placement in the bracket is going to be completely arbitrary.

Im so done with this AM/Champ bracket crap... We need to just go back to 1 big open bracket like we had back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3rd and 4th EU teams seeded 1 and 2 in open bracket is fucked

EU getting another welfare pass in the tourney lol? Yet, American teams were banned in their little thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

450 plus

not massive by any means but it should make for a great spectator experience which is want you want at basically the beginning of the esport

Yeah I would take that. I didn't mean to sound disparaging btw that venue looks fine.

I'm just still salty about worlds in case you couldn't tell haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

EU getting another welfare pass in the tourney lol? Yet, American teams were banned in their little thing.

their tournament was a regional qualifier 

how do you suggest they seed the EU teams with the NA teams?

last season eu got 4 champ bracket spots and NA only got 6

this season NA gets 8, EU has the 9th/10th champ bracket spots and the top two open bracket spots, seems fine to me

• Upvote (+1) 7

How many times will Cratos make a team with AMs to beat his former teammates? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This actually does look suspiciously similar to a college lecture hall.

• Upvote (+1) 1