CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have no idea if the money actually comes from req sales but around 225k this year seems like a lot when you think about population and the amount of req points a lot of people have earned. But again i dont know bc we dont know enough about req sales and percentage that go towards hcs.

From a marketing perspective, it would make sense to say money is coming from reqs. It incentives people who care about the hcs to buy reqs in support of the pros a la TI and dota 2.

Id love to have an hcs portion of reqs that you know go to teams and prizes. Hcs armor and skins and team armor and skins from any team that wants to submit designs. I could put money on something like that but i cant bring myself to buy gold reqs when i have so many points and have no clue how much goes to prizing

One would think that something that is "crowd-funded" would have a website that shows the progress, has goals, a donate button or anything of the sort. Just blindly buy reqs and maybe some money will go to an HCS event someday. Everything 343 does is kept in the dark. We don't even know who is in charge if the HCS. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

There is no reason it takes forever to get skins either but they find a way. Lack of clarity in everything has been the norm, not just for reqs

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no reason it ta kws fotever to get skins wither but they find a way. Lackof clarity p n everything h as been t he norm, not just for reqs

Yaaa.. What he said

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if it's already been said, but Fortnite Battle Royale is free to play and is on XB1. It's addicting, a little buggy but that's expected with 100 people in a game in early access.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk if you guys know about the Youtube channel "The Know". Its basically RoosterTeeths gaming news channel. They talked a bit about the 343 multi drama.

https://youtu.be/QCsMu_tkPEI?t=13m8s

This was pretty cringy to watch. They literally had no idea what they were talking about and were googling information while broadcasting and using NeoGAF as a source. What kind of "news channel" is this? Yeah I'm biased and still salty this whole thing happened, but calling this "journalism" is pathetic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure if it's already been said, but Fortnite Battle Royale is free to play and is on XB1. It's addicting, a little buggy but that's expected with 100 people in a game in early access.

Tried it out... not for me #pubg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I prefer it to PUBG tbh. On PC it is very smooth and PUBG is very not smooth so I prefer playing Fortnite to PUBG. The building aspect is pretty cool too. 

It looks more cartoony than i would like

I wish I could RT this

lolol why is that? Not a fan of Richard Lewis' many antics on Twitter or do you have to be unbiased (ish) on Twitter and can't attack Denial? 

lolol why is that? Not a fan of Richard Lewis' many antics on Twitter or do you have to be unbiased (ish) on Twitter and can't attack Denial

NVM

Do they have any active teams? And how have the not been taken to court?

They do have active teams. They haven't been sued because it would cost more money than what the teams would get back in the end, and probably due to the optics of suing your org. Could be concerned that other orgs wouldn't consider them if they sued Denial.

lolol why is that? Not a fan of Richard Lewis' many antics on Twitter or do you have to be unbiased (ish) on Twitter and can't attack Denial?

Richard blocked me for some weird reason, never said anything to the guy

He blocked a friend of mine and I responded "aw that sucks" and he blocked me too

Oh well, he has great content but the guy seems odd

• Upvote (+1) 2

I tried playing Halo 3.  Couldn't get a match in MLG but played a few ranked slayer.  I forgot how great it was to have a sniper that actually had to hit the target to kill/injure them.

• Upvote (+1) 2