CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Except Shotzy. He has too much fun.

He might be the only one that doesn't find the extra mechanical complexity fatiguing. 

I have seen him bitch plenty though while steaming.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else kinda excited about the unknown of what happens after Denver? This sense of the completely unknown is getting me pretty hyped one the off chance that it does mean MLG are coming home

Best thing about Denver is going to be the forums when another year of pro league with ESL is announced.

If that happens I will sign up for a month of premium

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone else kinda excited about the unknown of what happens after Denver? This sense of the completely unknown is getting me pretty hyped one the off chance that it does mean MLG are coming home

Nope - if anything I'm worried were gonna be stuck with another year of lackluster Halo stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's very hard to see MLG coming in this late. Doesn' t make sense from business point of view. What I am hoping they are working together on H6 HCS program, even going through possible settings and such.

It's very hard to see MLG coming in this late. Doesn' t make sense from business point of view. What I am hoping they are working together on H6 HCS program, even going through possible settings and such.

You should look up some of @@Clap posts

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best thing about Denver is going to be the forums when another year of pro league with ESL is announced.

i'd be okay with ESL if they did a little bit better job

having DreamHack in the mix is nice too

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know which it would be worse, that Halo disappears until Halo 6(after DH Denver) or that there is another year of lackluster Halo 5 until Halo 6(assuming Halo 6 is actually good).

Struggle is real.

He might be the only one that doesn't find the extra mechanical complexity fatiguing. 

I have seen him bitch plenty though while steaming.

Frosty definitely doesn't seem to have a problem. 

He mainly bitches about online though, hardly ever about the game itself. I would too if I 10 shot perfected people with such a nasty shot like his..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if MLG is back it doesnt change the fact that this game is trash

MLG made Halo 3 and Reach somewhat competitive and viable. Even without Bungie help at times. They cannot do much about the game but can ensure HCS means something and is well run. It would be so great. All it takes is a simple call to Adam or a meeting with hats and caps in hand.

Except Shotzy. He has too much fun.

I think most of the younger kids do. Like even if H5 is a lesser Halo game, I remember when I was that age and then it suddenly makes sense why he plays so much lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only way MLG would come in is if they want to build a stable and working system and test it before what I presume is Halo 6 next fall

• Upvote (+1) 1

i'd be okay with ESL if they did a little bit better job

having DreamHack in the mix is nice too

Moses trying to look diplomatic for future employees (insert guy tapping head gif)

• Upvote (+1) 9

I know the game isn't without its problems and challenges, but it's still one of - if not the - most exciting spectator FPSs out there and it still deserves massively higher audiences than it gets. If MLG were to return and that in itself increases interest and audience numbers, I'm all for it.

Every time I see this kind of post about how exciting Halo 5 is to watch, I basically just assume that the poster in question has never actually watched a decent competitive shooter in their life. It's like a puddle deep seizure with guns.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Every time I see this kind of post about how exciting Halo 5 is to watch, I basically just assume that the poster in question has never actually watched a decent competitive shooter in their life. It's like a puddle deep seizure with guns.

/r/iamverysmart

• Upvote (+1) 3

In my opinion, and stay with me for a moment, I would love for MLG to come back into our community. With that being said, I hope Halo 5 doesn't partner with MLG because MLG will end up increasing viewership for Halo (stay with me).

If viewership increases, I honestly think 343 will begin to think that the way this game plays is actually okay, and these design decisions will continue down their current route. The only way to influence positive direction is by negative feedback unfortunately and if there's anything we need right now, it's decisions that will make this franchise better in the long run. Not just next year.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Nope - if anything I'm worried were gonna be stuck with another year of lackluster Halo stuff.

I think this is the more likely outcome, unfortunately. 

MLG made Halo 3 and Reach somewhat competitive and viable. Even without Bungie help at times. They cannot do much about the game but can ensure HCS means something and is well run. It would be so great. All it takes is a simple call to Adam or a meeting with hats and caps in hand.

Do you think there is a real chance 343 would ever come to any meeting with hats/caps in hand? Seems to me personally that they're too proud to do something like that and admit they made mistakes. I'd love for MLG to come in and make this game worth watching, but I'm not sure that that's possible at this point. If you compare it to CoD again like we usually do, the CoD players do a much better job at putting themselves out there as people to follow and it becomes so much less about the teams and games than it would be otherwise. There are certainly storylines that can be expounded upon by casters, but I think the Halo scene lacks talented casters to get this point across. Not to mention they don't produce much, if any, content outside of tournaments. MLG would do a good job with this stuff, but Halo is so far along in this life cycle (I hope) that we only have to endure this atrocity for another year. I do this every time a new Halo game comes out, have been since 2007 or so, but I get my hopes up that maybe this next one will be good and bring me back to the level of enjoyment, or somewhere in the same galaxy of that level, as I had with Halo 1 and Halo 2 (and continue to have with those games). Halo 3 was a lot of fun too, but to me it just wasn't up there with 2 or 1, even though the new features it brought were great and the expansion of the playerbase and esports scene were also really great.

or people have preferences. Jesus Christ you're annoying

People having preferences isn't the issue for me with that quoted comment about the excitement of Halo. I know people prefer different games/gameplay etc. But the way it was worded in that specific post made it sound like it was a verifiable fact, and if you take it as such, it couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not saying that's how it was taken or presented or anything, just that it could've been interpreted that way. And I guess, either way, @@arglactable probably could have said something a little different haha. 

In my opinion, and stay with me for a moment, I would love for MLG to come back into our community. With that being said, I hope Halo 5 doesn't partner with MLG because MLG will end up increasing viewership for Halo (stay with me).

If viewership increases, I honestly think 343 will begin to think that the way this game plays is actually okay, and these design decisions will continue down their current route. The only way to influence positive direction is by negative feedback unfortunately and if there's anything we need right now, it's decisions that will make this franchise better in the long run. Not just next year.

Double post, but I definitely follow you on this one Deucey. The increase in viewership and whatnot might reinforce the negatives (pretty much everything to do with Halo 5) and 343, being 343, would just take it and run with it and try and say that they've been doing great stuff all the way.

I see what you're trying to get at but I don't think that's how it works. Halo 5's view count in 2017 won't impact what happens in a future title. The sales of the game impact what happens in the next title. Halo 5 is the worst selling mainline Halo title so we might actually see the next main game go to classic style gameplay. That's just me hoping though. Nobody really knows what's going to happen.