CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anybody else find it kind of odd that nothing has been announced yet for post Dreamhack Denver? Any speculations for what might come after?

Even if MLG is back it doesnt change the fact that this game is trash

original post
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Correct, but would you rather have a shit game AND a shit tournament organizer, or a shit game and a competent organizer?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct, but would you rather have a shit game AND a shit tournament organizer, or a shit game and a competent organizer?

I'd rather have a good game regardless of how the competitive scene is organized.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doesn't stop the majority of this forum from praising shit CoD games .

Who is this majority? Are you confusing people saying production and league structure for their esports area is the same as the game? I would imagine most Call of Duty fans would say that the "jetpack era" is their least favorite.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So guys. Always lurk. Rarely post (unless rent related) been busy with destiny.

343 got grumpy someone called them out and pulled his offer

Rent is still high in Denver

Halo still stinks

EG lost to Ronin

Did I miss anything?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would rather have a shit game and no tournament organizer or a great game and a competent organizer like the Halo series deserves.

I was happy because EG didn't choke a game 5. Not only they didn't choke, they destroyed Ronin 50-25

Only took two years for them to figure out top mid is important
  • Upvote (+1) 2

xLwy7.png

correct me if im wrong, but i think each team only beat the teams below them in standings.  For example, naventic beat no one, ronin beat naventic, EG beat nav and ronin, luminosity beat EG, Ronin, and Nav, etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

xLwy7.png

correct me if im wrong, but i think each team only beat the teams below them in standings.  For example, naventic beat no one, ronin beat naventic, EG beat nav and ronin, luminosity beat EG, Ronin, and Nav, etc etc

Cool things so rarely happen in H5 HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So guys. Always lurk. Rarely post (unless rent related) been busy with destiny.

343 got grumpy someone called them out and pulled his offer

Rent is still high in Denver

Halo still stinks

EG lost to Ronin

Did I miss anything?

Rent is super high in Denver.  

Do you play Halo 2 or SSBM?

My only wish for Dreamhack Denver is that after the Grand Final the lights dim and the crowd goes silent, Breaking Benjamin starts playing loudly and Clap busts through the set wearing a Final Boss shirt to announce that MLG be returning Halo to its former glory. He then raises his hand to the sky and over the crowd a Dr Pepper is thrown which he catches and sculls down all while the crowd begins to chant "M-L-G, M-L-G, M-L-G"

extremely l8, but this is one of the best paragraphs I've read in my entire life

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know the game isn't without its problems and challenges, but it's still one of - if not the - most exciting spectator FPSs out there and it still deserves massively higher audiences than it gets. If MLG were to return and that in itself increases interest and audience numbers, I'm all for it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I lost complete interest in the pro league. Thanks, ESL and 343!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Doesn't stop the majority of this forum from praising shit CoD games .

Yeah nobody says this. Usually it's more along the lines of, " Wow this production is so good it even makes shit-tier CoD exciting to watch."

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know the game isn't without its problems and challenges, but it's still one of - if not the - most exciting spectator FPSs out there and it still deserves massively higher audiences than it gets. If MLG were to return and that in itself increases interest and audience numbers, I'm all for it.

I think realistically, there's just nothing left in the tank to grow an audience for Halo 5. The game is stale and the interest for competitive H5 seems to be at an all-time low. However, the sooner MLG can get their hands on Halo the better and hopefully can build some momentum for H6 (or whatever it's going to be called). 

Even the pro players are reluctant to play, it seems to me. Mostly just going through the motions and making what money they can before H6... but no real passion to actually play the game itself.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I wish we could get some sort of insight of whats going to happen after Denver instead of just speculating. It would make everyone more excited for Halo Esports and maybe even increase viewership for Denver too. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even the pro players are reluctant to play, it seems to me. Mostly just going through the motions and making what money they can before H6... but no real passion to actually play the game itself.

Except Shotzy. He has too much fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1