CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Okay I don't need my life being a reddit headliner so I'm probably going to not provide anymore updates for a while.

Congrats on the offers.

Also, I agree. I'd lay low for a while, add to your portfolio, and try 343 again at a later date (without telling anyone).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did the Premium group colour change every so slightly or are my eyes getting old @@CyReN

I woke up to 4 emails from different AAA studios with offers. This is so bizarre.

Resume:

1. Talented enough to be hired by 343

2. Let go because you didn't fit into their culture

Two points in your favor.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/27/watch-beyond-the-sticks-on-mixer/

The hcs reality series starts today at 5pm PT. Pro league starts at around 4pm 

Who's going to be the real hero that caps and uploads to YouTube? There's a 0% chance I'd be watching mixer at 8pm (EST) on a Friday night. 

I woke up to 4 emails from different AAA studios with offers. This is so bizarre.

Congratulations man, you deserve far better than 343.

Did the Premium group colour change every so slightly or are my eyes getting old @@CyReN

I didn't change anything.

I want to add in on the Multi discussion but 343 have played themselves. He had a huge opportunity to be malicious and petty, but took the high road and is paying the dividends for that.

Class act @@MultiLockOn, glad to hear it's not all bad. Sucks that you can't work on Halo though, from the sound of it it really was your dream, even in it's current state. Sorry that didn't work out and I hope one of the offers is somewhere in the realms of enjoyable. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been skimming so sorry if have missed someone else saying this but 343 might be standing up for existing employees, and not just protecting management. I know I would have a hard time wanting to work next to and with someone that said I didn't deserve a job.

I agree with others that the situation sucks, and hate it for multi. I do see the 343 side of this for staying loyal to their current employees though. When you talk about building a good long lasting culture it's hard to do that period, and especially if your existing employees feel like you are agreeing that they don't deserve their jobs by hiring someone that has publicly expressed that opinion.

One of the greatest skills you can have is to learn to see things from the perspective of others. -some smart people in a good book I've listened to at some point

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've been skimming so sorry if have missed someone else saying this but 343 might be standing up for existing employees, and not just protecting management. I know I would have a hard time wanting to work next to and with someone that said I didn't deserve a job.

I agree with others that the situation sucks, and hate it for multi. I do see the 343 side of this for staying loyal to their current employees though. When you talk about building a good long lasting culture it's hard to do that period, and especially if your existing employees feel like you are agreeing that they don't deserve their jobs by hiring someone that has publicly expressed that opinion.

One of the greatest skills you can have is to learn to see things from the perspective of others. -some smart people in a good book I've listened to at some point

Oh please, they're adults. They put shitty, unfinished work up for sale with a straight face, and then make utter asses of themselves when trying to explain/justify/cover it up to the masses. Someone like Multi, who knows and loves the product, would have helped them greatly with the former, and subsequently made the latter moot. You don't want the development work you get paid to do to get blown up by the people who bought it? Then do better.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why did Roy run completely away from his teammates position? Obviously they were going to chase his position and run into his teammate, which he rendered alone. His performance on top mid at the end was generally ineffective too.

Why did Roy run completely away from his teammates position? Obviously they were going to chase his position and run into his teammate, which he rendered alone. His performance on top mid at the end was generally ineffective too.

Roy did the correct play, Falcated had to leave the position too.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What happened to Naventic why are they doing so poorly.

Because the only pro team they were better than was the str8 team they relegated. Big Ryanoob fan but I could’ve predicted a winless season. Their only shot was against Ronin

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy did the correct play, Falcated had to leave the position too.

True. Still, I'd say that given that Falcated made the wrong play of staying there, Roy should have stayed with him then I guess.

True. Still, I'd say that given that Falcated made the wrong play of staying there, Roy should have stayed with him then I guess.

EG's biggest problem always seems to be with communication/play calling, so it's not surprising they weren't on the same page.