j1UHyJG.jpg

EnVy:

H01sSnm.jpg

Liquid:

JJw9jgT.jpg

i died at the ace one

• Upvote (+1) 8

Remember when pro players said how stressful their job was?  :laughing:

maybe they get stage fright and that's why so many games are off stream  :thinking: 

Hey guys. Haven't been on the forums recently. What are the most dank memes right now? Is Cooper unbanned :kappa:

:beyond:  :weback:  :simms:

Hey guys. Haven't been on the forums recently. What are the most dank memes right now? Is Cooper unbanned :kappa:

:beyond:  :weback:  :simms:

I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

• Upvote (+1) 3

We gonna run this meme to the ground aren't we ?

Can you prove that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fyi, tomorrow is the lcq for cod champs. Str8 is in and one of the favorites to qualify. Temp is on the team, who will probably be teaming with huke in ww2

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I'm browsing reddit and I stumble upon

"Is the community to blame for halos esport woes?"

3 replies and they all said yes

Uhhhhhh??? What?

• Upvote (+1) 8

So I'm browsing reddit and I stumble upon

"Is the community to blame for halos esport woes?"

3 replies and they all said yes

Uhhhhhh??? What?

It stems from r/esports, there is growing sentiment that halos isolationism (both classically and currently) has lead to it being on an island with just developer supported tournaments. That is not to say that the logistical issues are caused by the community but that the communities lack of engagement with other [smaller] tournament organisers has left it in a predicament where it is wholly reliant on developer backed actions.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It stems from r/esports, there is growing sentiment that halos isolationism (both classically and currently) has lead to it being on an island with just developer supported tournaments. That is not to say that the logistical issues are caused by the community but that the communities lack of engagement with other [smaller] tournament organisers has left it in a predicament where it is wholly reliant on developer backed actions.

that i can understand but it's silly to blame the community for no LAN

because of no LAN there is no guarantee the event will even happen, let alone how good the quality of the matches will be (cause bad internet)

"but smash doesn't rely on anyone!" well smash doesn't require a constant internet connection

plus there simply aren't enough competitive halo fans around to have worthwhile locals anymore

i know the community could do more, and we should, but it's silly to blame the players for a game being dead pop wise and not having LAN

• Upvote (+1) 2

Locals and unsanctioned tournaments are logistically unfeasible in h5

It could be argued that the community could have done more between Reach and 4, but its not the communities fault that the games were trash while going up against stiffening competition.

Perhaps the community should have stuck with h3 even when TOs didn't...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stop being nice I heard you on stream...

In all seriousness our job at Gfinity is to provide the best tournament experience for players, spectators and stream viewers alike. @@TheSimms and the ESL UK team did a fantastic job over here, its our job to pick that up and and continue the good work. Me and Rich speak all the time about Halo, and I'll be working to make sure he doesn't dissapear so don't worry about that.

Wembley was a good start last event, but we are striving to make HCS London on another level completely. I read everything on the forums, twitter etc and do my best to relay everything to the team to make sure we do everything we can to make as much happen as we can. Sadly getting hold of Emma Watson is proving tough so if anyone can help out with that then send me a DM. 

As always anything you guys want to see at HCS london, let me know here, PM or on twitter.

Invite NA teams over or at least 3 of them or so. We need the practice and they would probably enjoy the trip even if it is just London  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sadly getting hold of Emma Watson is proving tough so if anyone can help out with that then send me a DM. 

crying-celebrity-gifs-emma-watson.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

I made some numbers already(trying to go to Denver) and while the flight is a bit more( from Maryland), the hotels ARE MUCH CHEAPER. I'm really hoping that there is a legit crowd for Denver too because Sunday was hype.

me and my girl are going. I encourage all of us to save and be the biggest game in the venue.

Locals and unsanctioned tournaments are logistically unfeasible in h5

It could be argued that the community could have done more between Reach and 4, but its not the communities fault that the games were trash while going up against stiffening competition.

Perhaps the community should have stuck with h3 even when TOs didn't...

Yeah we collectively blew it when we chose to attempt playing default Reach/H4 instead of picking something from the original trilogy. Its not really a secret the vast majority of the competitive people didn't enjoy those games and being so stuck on playing the newest had to have driven most away. Its easier to try playing the new game, call it trash, and just quit entirely than it is to try and make something out of the older titles.

Yeah we collectively blew it when we chose to attempt playing default Reach/H4 instead of picking something from the original trilogy. Its not really a secret the vast majority of the competitive people didn't enjoy those games and being so stuck on playing the newest had to have driven most away. Its easier to try playing the new game, call it trash, and just quit entirely than it is to try and make something out of the older titles.

I get it though. When reach came out it cannibalized h3s player base. And h4 did the same to Reach. So i can understand players wanting to ride that wave - presumably that's where the eyes would be and it's presumably where the sponsors would be too.

when you rely on dev support, you go where they tell you to go. i know games like smash are pure grassroots, but the prizing shows that and i think we couldnt have kept a player run h3 scene afloat. even if it became wildly popular and we found a way to fund it, 343 could throw a c&d to shut that down. a small community run scene like we have with h:ce will not harm the popularity of the hcs or eat into sales of the latest game, but an h2 or h3 circuit that continued to pull 100 teams could hamper game sales and the hcs and i dont see 343 allowing that to happen

• Upvote (+1) 1