CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LOL and Shotzzy would leave Splyce because......????

The solution for Optic isn't to replace anybody. Its to get better.

Sure, they lost the last 2 lan events but this one they dominated everybody except Splyce. They only players I could see improving their team are from Splyce, and thats not about to happen so put that out of your mind. Last time they lost they came in an incredibly close second while snakebite was sticken with Cholera to an Envy team that was playing out of their minds.

I don't think that Optic is the best team anymore, i think splyce beat them bad enough to take that crown, but they are still a close second. There are not realistic roster changes that could improve that team, so outworking everybody else is their best option.

Everybody has a price. Removing Shotzzy from Splyce would destroy that team.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Everybody has a price. Removing Shotzzy from Splyce would destroy that team.

Facts. Just like removing Huke from NV would be devastating for the rest of the players on that team.

Every team currently in the top 4 has at least that one player that can pull something out of his ass when things get tough in game.

Snakebite is that player for Optic

Huke for NV

Subzero for Liquid

Shotzzy for Splyce

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just want to say it's awesome to see a new young team come up and shake everything up. It was NV vs Optic like usual with a chance of liquid taking the top spot at LAN. What a story for Bubu and Shooter. Esl changes the age limit for Shotzzy and look what happens. Also, Renegade coming up through the ranks and putting on a show. Problems aside, it was a hell of a show at the end. Excited for rostermania and the upcoming season!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Facts. Just like removing Huke from NV would be devastating for the rest of the players on that team.

Every team currently in the top 4 has at least that one player that can pull something out of his ass when things get tough in game.

Huke for NV

Subzero for Liquid

Shotzzy for Spylce

You remove Huke from NV and they don't finish top 8
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I wouldn't go that far...

I wouldn't go that far...

Dude Huke was dropping 30+ bombs while the rest of his team struggled to break 15 kills.

we'll get the answer to that question after Denver when Huke returns to COD. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes because nobody else on that team was shitting over the last couple events...

c'mon

EG - Roy Lunch TB Rayne

Adding Rayne? TB might as well not say another word in game. There's enough communication between Roy and Lunch already.

Huke for NV

Subzero for Liquid

Shotzzy for Splyce

I think stellur has surpassed penguin.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

First no LAN, now this Microsoft? :(

Hehehe Paint 3D is the FUTURE.

Probably wont happen but id like to see Sayian get on a top 4 team and Danoxide get on a PL team

OpTic peaked, time to replace Frosty with Shotzzy. The best posible move

It'll never happen but I agree (Shotzzy has no reason to leave Splyce) ... Frosty's gameplay has been significantly worse since the new settings, in tournaments and on stream.  I used to watch his stream obsessively but now I watch Shotzzy because he's just so much more impressive.  It's not that Frosty used radar as a crutch or is an AR kid, but somehow his movement/gameplay is weirdly hampered by the new radar.  He's still an amazing player (top 10) but no longer top 5, maybe

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's amazing that Huke has managed to be a top player when he's only an SR145 or whatever, I didn't realize you had to be an SR150 to be good at this game  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also, I'm not okay with everyone transitioning to "fuck Comcast!!" after this weekend. What I saw this weekend was one of the most embarrassing broadcasting displays I've ever seen in modern eSports (hell even in the early 2000s we did better).

This is coming from someone who is more than generous about things like this - ESL/DH (I do NOT care which one was technically involved, inc. parent company baloney) do not deserve to run another big event.

What grinds my gears the most is that we have our broadcasting talent coming to do damage control to one of the biggest (and only?) competitive halo communities - not a peep from those who are responsible for the production side of things. A quick "so sorry" from Timo only made it worse for me.

Grow a backbone, realize you're going to get grilled over these things, and admit you screwed up anyway. Don't hide away and say "it's not our fault!!!" when every other game at DH handled the outages better, or had no mystical outages at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It'll never happen but I agree (Shotzzy has no reason to leave Splyce) ... Frosty's gameplay has been significantly worse since the new settings, in tournaments and on stream. I used to watch his stream obsessively but now I watch Shotzzy because he's just so much more impressive. It's not that Frosty used radar as a crutch or is an AR kid, but somehow his movement/gameplay is weirdly hampered by the new radar. He's still an amazing player (top 10) but no longer top 5, maybe

People caught up, what he does is no longer unique. Everybody now has insane movement skills.