CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo has had some pretty awful maps lately. If multi was going to be actually designing maps, he could have made a positive impact. I understand if the gameplay is still crap because of poor design decisions flowed down from management, then yes, no map in the world could save halo. But it's at least a start. Multi's hire was like glimmer of hope that 343 might be trying to hire some folks who think differently than the status quo'tients they have now that keeps delivering let down after let down. At least that's how I saw it.

If Multi being hired meant no more releases of maps like Riptide, Overgrowth, and Molten..  Two thumbs up, Halo heads in the right direction. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont even know what to say catching up on this. If that is your policy then how is post history not something looked at before the job offer. And what does it matter anyway? A map designer's post criticising maps shows passion and caring and a want to do better. 

The thing is he wasn't just criticising them he also levied insults at them. Just three months ago he said "no one at 343 deserves their job" he also has a deeper history of saying stupid unprofessional stuff as well. His talent shouldn't disregard these things.

Did Jeff Kaplan ever insult Blizzard or their employees, I don't know for sure but I doubt it.

Like I said before, it sucks and it shouldn't have gone down like this I wish he could have gotten hired and provided great content for halo however I don't see 343i being in the wrong for this.

TLDR: Don't insult a company and their employees and expect to get hired. Insulting isn't being critical it's being an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Multi should've went with the Frank post. He probably would've got a promotion.

"No one at 343 deserves their job because of 'X,'" says MultiLockOn. "But what that really meant was, 'I feel like this game could be awesome because of 'Y input' that I'm going to bring into it. I want to prove it, and I'm passionate about proving it'.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Is calling someone a ******** chimp chained to a cubicle an insult? If so, then yes. Yes he did.

Lol but I did say Blizzard, that was about everquest which Blizzard wanted to compete against iirc

The difference is he doesn't have to work with the guy he called a chimp chained to a cubicle.

Same goes for 343 who don't have to work with the guy who said they don't deserve their job.

I know I'm late to the party on this one but these live scrims stats are really fucking cool. Nice job.

Cheers man  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanna post something. But I'm angry.

Don't wanna post anything offensive or I might end up without a job or probably end up deported back to Venezuela  :stern:

Multi, man, you might have done some questionable comments in the past; however, your work, your passion and the way you've learned and become more professional for the past few months really shows your character and how mature you've grown. Please, don't give up your dream as a level designer and keep moving forward.

343, personally, you could have handled the situation better. That's all I gotta say.

A few reporters from some behemoth websites have been attempting to contact me to get further details about this. I've turned them down because 1: despite my historic disapproval for 343 and disdain of the current situation, I don't wish them any further bad PR. That wasn't my goal with my initial post and I wish people would read it more closely. And 2: In some strange way in a weird universe I'm still striving for the opportunity to work on Halo. I've never wanted to personally target anyone there nor do I now. I understand why the situation has played out in the way it did. If there's anyone at 343 that feels personally attacked by anything I've said, I apologize. And I wish the entire studio the best of luck. Their team made the decision they should have made based on the information I had given them about my character.

What ?. You should destroy them. Halo 6 is probably 343's last Halo game, so your past history shouldn't be an issue. Take this opportunity and go full destruction mode, do it for all of us.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

A few reporters from some behemoth websites have been attempting to contact me to get further details about this. I've turned them down because 1: despite my historic disapproval for 343 and disdain of the current situation, I don't wish them any further bad PR.  That wasn't my goal with my initial post and I wish people would read it more closely. And 2: In some strange way in a weird universe I'm still striving for the opportunity to work on Halo.  I've never wanted to personally target anyone there nor do I now.  I understand why the situation has played out in the way it did.  If there's anyone at 343 that feels personally attacked by anything I've said, I apologize. And I wish the entire studio the best of luck. Their team made the decision they should have made based on the information I had given them about my character.

You've handled this situation with class. I sincerely hope 343 realizes that and has a change of heart.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

at least lethul is streaming tho right guys?

right?

right?

right?

right?

fucking right?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not a smart move for his future prospects though.

He could live off the fame of this controversy for 15 minutes.

@@MultiLockOn

This is by far one of the most fucked up situations I've ever had the displeasure of reading. You may not know me, but as long as I've had an account here, I've grown to deeply respect your insight. I honest to God jumped for joy when the news came around that 343 hired you. I finally felt some semblance of joy that Halo might have a brighter future. That there's at least ONE person that gives a shit in that worthless company. That joy has yet again been ripped away. Halo deserves better. This community deserves better. YOU deserve better.

If I hated 343 before, they now disgust me immeasurably. I will never buy another 343 product again. Halo will forever be dead to me under their tenure. This is an absolute promise.

• Upvote (+1) 8