CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Seriously, don't. Ive got great family in the area I can stay with until I figure something out. And I always figure something out :)

I dont know you, but god damnit do I respect you. 

Dont give up on the industry. Its where you belong. You'll find a new home. I have friends at a handful of AAA studios, if you need connections, hit my DM's. I cant vouch for you, but I can make the introduction and let your work speak for itself. 

Good luck my guy. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

People from all backgrounds worked on halo 4 which is why it turned out so good. Look at the innovative features they added to that game! Even the worst critics can't deny the story was great. And don't forget spartan ops. Sad to see them get hate for it. Ending the chief-cortana storyline was a smart move in hindsight. 

Halo mcc was good too. I remember loading that game up and playing it all night! Reach may have been missing but the other halos in that package made up for it. Even h1-3 (far inferior to the newer ones) played well on it. 

Maybe the best game though is halo 5. Excellent in all aspects.

3 games thus far all of which have been successful. 4 true fans there's nothing more satisfying than playing a halo game made after bungie left. 3 more games in the reclaimer saga, cant wait! 

eh... sounds like i'm not a 'true fan' or i'm particularly blind to your sarcasm font.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 = yes men. Halo is corporate. It lost its Haloness long ago. One more thing. The 10th-anniversary stream for Halo 3 was a joke of a celebration. looked like a very half-assed hardly thought out last minute idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

People from all backgrounds worked on halo 4 which is why it turned out so good. Look at the innovative features they added to that game! Even the worst critics can't deny the story was great. And don't forget spartan ops. Sad to see them get hate for it. Ending the chief-cortana storyline was a smart move in hindsight. 

Halo mcc was good too. I remember loading that game up and playing it all night! Reach may have been missing but the other halos in that package made up for it. Even h1-3 (far inferior to the newer ones) played well on it. 

Maybe the best game though is halo 5. Excellent in all aspects.

3 games thus far all of which have been successful. 4 true fans there's nothing more satisfying than playing a halo game made after bungie left. 3 more games in the reclaimer saga, cant wait! 

I don't know if I should be hitting the upvote or downvote button.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who's the one missing out, here? Because as far as I can tell, it's 343.

If they got extremely sensitive over some old posts, just imagine how they'd respond if you tried to be critical in the actual workplace.

You know shit is messed up when I am upvoting a heytred post

giphy.gif

2017 has been a weird year. 

Lets count all the great things 343i has done since they took over (not including fixing their own mistakes like re adding descope/ranking system):

-No Bloom, No Sprint Halo Reach

-Extraction

-MASSIVE Forge Improvements

-Server Browser

-Spectator Mode (Kinda works I guess)

So what had 343 learned today. Probably nothing based on the last 6 years they've been at the helm.

But anyway, this is what they should've learned

• Do your background/internet searches before offering the job in the first place, or else you are going to get reactions like this from an industry full of passionate fans.

What I've learned.

• They either did the background check or not, and if they did, they were cool with it originally and were willing to give him chance, and this is the fastest they've reacted to someone having negative opinions on their decisions.

Very interested in seeing some sort of response from 343.

There probably won't be one, especially because he was never officially part of 343. Companies usually don't talk about hiring/employee issues publicly.

343 gunna 343.

Being grown adults and not being able to handle some internet criticism must be a sad existence.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whoever this guy is, he posts a decent amount of shit from this thread on reddit and apparently is active enough to have had premium.

d940f95e24.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Man I probably need to keep an eye on my moods at the moment with my medication, but for MultiLockOn, I dont know you personally, but my anger is obvious for you. Whoever the fuck honestly thought what they did was clever or good. I'm heartbroken for you in ways.

343 need to wake up a little. You will have critics, both in and out of the company, wake up and smell the coffee.

Didn't Gandhi call out the Smite team for hiring AGL Brad? Now he's one of their higher up employees (not to cause disputes, just stating a previous thing I believe he did a video but cant link via mobile).

This was posted over at NeoGAF

5f17c1ced4195cb30d4d3cca2161fd90.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250101753&postcount=429

*popcorn gif*

Jesus, who fucking cares! If hes got talent, let him on board. 

Quinn had nothing to do with the hiring process and has only been kind to me.

I don't blame 343, seriously. I just wish I had shown more self control in the past. They did what they were supposed to do. The money isn't an issue, things will work out on that end in some way. I'm mostly just disappointed with myself.

Fair play to your professionalism, if I was you I'd be at 343's HQ murdering everyone with a pterodactyl tooth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This Multi situation is absurd - both in how the community attempted to sabotage his opportunity and in how 343 handled his offer. 

I get it - he harshly criticized both 343 and the employees - that might make it hard for some people to work with him and could cause some internal conflict or resentment... but at the same time, he obviously has the talent and was a good enough fit to receive an offer. 

As was my experience at 343... it seems you cannot win with Halo. Being a long time member of the community both helps and hurts. 

Maybe First Strike Games should pick up a newly available revered Forger from the Halo community  :intensifies: