CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah...... fuck 343. I'll probably cave and buy the next game because I can't help myself but right now I'm gonna say screw them they aren't getting more of my money.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We should set up a go fund me to help Multi out for his ridiculous troubles. I've disliked 343 for a long time but this is just absolutely ridiculous. People who are passionate are going to say things when they get heated, but passion is exactly what 343 needs. I don't kow how to set one up but I will contribute to it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Quinn had nothing to do with the hiring process and has only been kind to me.

I don't blame 343, seriously. I just wish I had shown more self control in the past. They did what they were supposed to do. The money isn't an issue, things will work out on that end in some way. I'm mostly just disappointed with myself.

Don't blame youself, dog. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

343i. Please stop making bad decisions. Its so painful being a halo fan at times, this event just makes it worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How annoying is it that Multi gets his offer revoked for basically being engaged with the community. Infuriates me. Can we please get a new Halo dev? Let 343 do the leggo version or something. WTF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quinn had nothing to do with the hiring process and has only been kind to me.

I don't blame 343, seriously. I just wish I had shown more self control in the past. They did what they were supposed to do. The money isn't an issue, things will work out on that end in some way. I'm mostly just disappointed with myself.

Really really sucks bro. Obviously people will tell you 'blah blah incompetent company' etc but it's where you wanted to be.

I can understand from a company standpoint not being hired for criticism but I can't for the life of me think why someone from the same community would sabotage you for trying to help the franchise you've grown with - absolutely fucking pathetic. I can only hope something good for you comes from this.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The funny thing is, hiring someone who was previously critical of you, would give the community more confidence in what he said specifically because they know he was so critical in the past. Like, if they hired GreenSkull and he was like "Halo 6 is looking really great", I wouldn't lend much weight to it because he thinks everything 343 does is great. If Multi said the same thing, I would be much more inclined to believe it.

^^^

this is a great fucking point.

I went through my browsing history and found this post - https://np.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/71hgrl/recent_343_map_design_hire_multilockon_recently/

iRI9kvl.png

Imagine being this sad.

I'll never be the first to jump on the 343 hate bandwagon hell I probably wouldnt jump on it at all. I also can completely see why 343 wouldnt hire someone over old posts. Im sure they probably did see his posts in the past and originally decided to just ignore them, but it became a problem when someone pointed them. This happens in plenty of places. I love watching Football/Soccer and I cant tell you how many times ive seen clubs shut the door on players bcs of some old tweets that come to light regardless of how far negotiations have gone.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID

If that reddit post is the only thing that came out or even if any other posts he has made are no worse than that. Then thats real poor from 343. It may be a bit harsh to say none of them deserve a job, but its hardly that bad of a post. I mean I was expecting posts full of expletives or more along the lines of the stuff frank posts. Its pretty disappointing to see them let go of someone for something as minor as that.

Best of luck in the future @@MultiLockOn. Hopefully they reconsider. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys, I get some of you are mad but please don't go overboard or this could potentially not get you hired at 343i or even worse...banned.

How do you get banned from a toxic cesspool like this place?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How hard is this:

"Multi, we like your talent and want you designing maps for us however, your tone and way you have criticized 343 in the past is unacceptable.  We expect that as an employee now you will tread much more carefully and will be kept on a short leash for a while.  As long as you keep your nose clean from here on out, we are happy to have you and we won't have any problems."

Not hard, and perfectly appropriate

Too rational and logical. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

This Multi situation is absurd - both in how the community attempted to sabotage his opportunity and in how 343 handled his offer. 

I get it - he harshly criticized both 343 and the employees - that might make it hard for some people to work with him and could cause some internal conflict or resentment... but at the same time, he obviously has the talent and was a good enough fit to receive an offer. 

As was my experience at 343... it seems you cannot win with Halo. Being a long time member of the community both helps and hurts.

You know shit is messed up when I am upvoting a heytred post

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9