CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This was evident for a long time -- 343 are full of themselves and think they do no wrong. Their games are shit and their products are shit. That's what happens when people's talents are thrown away for yes-men. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip

Good luck in the future and fuck 343. Its one thing to decline to hire someone but to bait them into the situation you put yourself into and then decide you don't actually want to hire them? That's just scummy. They actually just put someone into a very poor life situation because their feelings were hurt over being called on their bullshit. You shouldn't be concerned with your previous tone at all and if anything what just happened drives the point home that they probably deserved it and more. Its also unfortunate that someone around the community is human trash

• Upvote (+1) 8

In fact you won to the extent so that I already quit my prior job, sold my place in California, placed a $2500 payment on an apartment in Bellevue Washington (among other expenses), and began transporting my belongings up there.  Only to find out from the agency I was working under that my offer was withdrawn.  Which puts me in a tricky position where I am both unemployed (no Treyarch or 343) and scrambling to find some place to live - as I had briefly moved my belongings to my parents during this weird transition phase. So life has definitely thrown me a curve ball here.

Dude - this fucking sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@MultiLockOn

Sorry this happened bud. I know you're a passionate guy who speaks his mind, and that's valuable. Sorry people suck, and good luck.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Taking “watch what you say online” a bit extreme right there. I didn’t agree with you on things but that fucking sucks. Hopefully you find some work soon

• Upvote (+1) 5

-Snip-

I hear actual good companies, like Blizzard, and Cure-gaming, are hiring designers

Should look at them, maybe you can design zones for WoW!

-

Sorry to hear this man, this is a really shitty situation.  There's always work out there for driven people though so keep it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its crazy to me that anyone in the same industry with people like Jeff Kaplan would turn away workers that had/have passionate rants about games on online forums. The guy posted stuff like https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4g2ler/jeff_tigole_kaplan_forum_rant_from_his_eq_days/ and then went on to become  game director/designer for WoW and lead design on Overwatch. Its just a huge red flag that they actually give a shit.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Good luck in the future and fuck 343. Its one thing to decline to hire someone but to bait them into the situation you put yourself into and then decide you don't actually want to hire them? That's just scummy. They actually just put someone into a very poor life situation because their feelings were hurt over being called on their bullshit. You shouldn't be concerned with your previous tone at all and if anything what just happened drives the point home that they probably deserved it and more. Its also unfortunate that someone around the community is human trash

Not only that, there might be a legal case here. 343 didn't do its due diligence before hiring him, and then rescinded his offer after he had already moved out there.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I have no reason to own an Xbox in the future, knowing that h6 is going to be much worse than I thought it would be. I hope Multi and Tom French find a good place to work outside of that garbage company, and I'm glad that Ghost found a place out of there.

Didnt this company hire people who didnt like Halo, and wanted to revise and make their own vision? That was ok for them when they made Halo 4. Now, when a critic of their Halo comes in with genuinely good ideas for the next game in the franchise, he's left with a cold shoulder. What a pathetic hypocritical developer. Never touching another new entry in the Halo Franchise again..

Edit. Holy shit I need to control myself. Its a terrible thing to be stuck in the moment with all these emotions rolling in

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its crazy to me that anyone in the same industry with people like Jeff Kaplan would turn away workers that had/have passionate rants about games on online forums. The guy posted stuff like https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4g2ler/jeff_tigole_kaplan_forum_rant_from_his_eq_days/ and then went on to become  game director/designer for WoW and lead design on Overwatch.

Perfect example of how you should take everything people say on the internet with a little salt.  If they seem pissed, tone it down in your head because if you were having that conversation in real life it would be more civil guaranteed.  not to mention unless you turn your post into a cartoon with emoji use, tone is impossible to tell with written text.

Even then, if you use an emoji like this one  :intensifies: nobody is still going to know what the fuck your tone is trying to say.

• Upvote (+1) 1