CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The low res and 30 fps isn't that bad imo. Just wish that the community would go hard on H3 to show 343 that we want classic halo. Like what the battlefield community did with hardline.

I can't go back to Halo 3 the FOV and weapons are atrocious 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Edit: I probably need to preface this post by stating I'm aware that I have extremely negative views of our society and most human beings that live in it.

I don't really understand when the financial burdens of an individual or family became the responsibility of strangers' donations on the internet.  

People who use GoFundMe like this really piss me off.

I was a misanthropist at one stage as well.

I have mixed feelings about people gofunding personal things. On one hand I believe it's pathetic and sad with the exception of medical expenses which can be crazy. On the other hand I feel if people are willing to part with their money to fund someones movie ticket then they are truly a moron and shouldn't have their money anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was a misanthropist at one stage as well.

I have mixed feelings about people gofunding personal things. On one hand I believe it's pathetic and sad with the exception of medical expenses which can be crazy. On the other hand I feel if people are willing to part with their money to fund someones movie ticket then they are truly a moron and shouldn't have their money anyway.

Thats awfully judgemental. Generosity does not equal stupidity. If someone has the disposable income and inclination to buy a stranger a movie ticket, thats their business and really shouldn't elicit this kind of reaction from you.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thats awfully judgemental. Generosity does not equal stupidity. If someone has the disposable income and inclination to buy a stranger a movie ticket, thats their business and really shouldn't elicit this kind of reaction from you.

Reading my post again, I did come across pretty harsh. Generosity is about a personal sense of value I guess. I can't imagine paying for a stranger to have leisure time out of my own pocket but if others can... then go for it. It's very alien to me though. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Correct, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all this H3 nostalgia.  Like people don't remember the endless complaining from literally everyone on the MLG forums in 2007-2010 about the terrible state of H3's netcode, aiming, BR spread, FOV, floaty movement, etc.?  The game was fun for its time, and pretty good on LAN, but it's very difficult to play in 2017

The forums were just a bunch of people dissatisfied with Halo 3 but the thousands of people online every day dwarfed that population. Seems like you think that handful of people was remotely meaningful when talking about how much H3 was actually liked

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reading my post again, I did come across pretty harsh. Generosity is about a personal sense of value I guess. I can't imagine paying for a stranger to have leisure time out of my own pocket but if others can... then go for it. It's very alien to me though. 

I'd say. It's pretty narrow-minded to think that giving someone money so they can buy a ticket to see a movie is idiotic without considering the possible scenarios. For one: that person might have a few friends or family members that want to see the movie with him, and he's a few dollars short. Now, let's say that a stranger has more than enough money to buy himself a ticket, and lends those few dollars to the other guy and his friends/family. There isn't anything wrong with giving away a few dollars so a group of people can spend some quality time watching a movie together, because they'll be satisfied, and you'll still have enough to buy yourself a ticket and something to eat while you watch the movie that you came, and paid to see.

I distrust people, too, but I don't turn a blind eye to those who have the authentic generosity to give away money like that.

Correct, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with all this H3 nostalgia.  Like people don't remember the endless complaining from literally everyone on the MLG forums in 2007-2010 about the terrible state of H3's netcode, aiming, BR spread, FOV, floaty movement, etc.?  The game was fun for its time, and pretty good on LAN, but it's very difficult to play in 2017

See, that's your problem. First of all, Halo 3 was the still the latest PvP (FPS) Halo game at the time, so people from the competitive scene criticize those negative attributes of the game, not the casual crowd - the clear majority of the Halo player base. We weren't, and still aren't, the majority. Just because we're nostalgic about the game, doesn't mean we still don't notice those flaws that keep people such as myself from having a long playthrough of it.

Yes, the gunplay in H3 was terrible, the FoV might have been 55 or 70 degrees (depending the TV ratio), the Campaign was mediocre, and overall competitive experience was x2 worse than Halo 2's. At least it didn't have those gimmicky Armor/Spartan Abilities, Sprint, ADS, Flinch, overpowered automatics, and the rest of the garbage from Reach to Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd say. It's pretty narrow-minded to think that giving someone money so they can buy a ticket to see a movie is idiotic without considering the possible scenarios. 

Yeah it was the wrong thing to say on my end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say. It's pretty narrow-minded to think that giving someone money so they can buy a ticket to see a movie is idiotic without considering the possible scenarios. For one: that person might have a few friends or family members that want to see the movie with him, and he's a few dollars short. Now, let's say that a stranger has more than enough money to buy himself a ticket, and lends those few dollars to the other guy and his friends/family. There isn't anything wrong with giving away a few dollars so a group of people can spend some quality time watching a movie together, because they'll be satisfied, and you'll still have enough to buy yourself a ticket and something to eat while you watch the movie that you came, and paid to see.

I distrust people, too, but I don't turn a blind eye to those who have the authentic generosity to give away money like that.

See, that's your problem. First of all, Halo 3 was the still the latest PvP (FPS) Halo game at the time, so people from the competitive scene criticize those negative attributes of the game, not the casual crowd - the clear majority of the Halo player base. We weren't, and still aren't, the majority. Just because we're nostalgic about the game, doesn't mean we still don't notice those flaws that keep people such as myself from having a long playthrough of it.

Yes, the gunplay in H3 was terrible, the FoV might have been 55 or 70 degrees (depending the TV ratio), the Campaign was mediocre, and overall competitive experience was x2 worse than Halo 2's. At least it didn't have those gimmicky Armor/Spartan Abilities, Sprint, ADS, Flinch, overpowered automatics, and the rest of the garbage from Reach to Halo 5.

Have you actually played it recently? The framerate is unbearable.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Have you actually played it recently? The framerate is unbearable.

Of course I have. The framerate isn't on unbearable; you're just not to use 30FPS. I haven't noticed any significant FPS drops while playing the game on the 360. Then again, I've play the Campaign so far, and I'm not creating another account just for a free month Gold subscription.

That's kind of the shame of it too.  Most of those issues are technical ones.  And the major gameplay issue, random spread, is not difficult to fix.  These were all things that people complained about back in 2007 too.

That's why I don't want Bungie to touch Halo and was glad they were moving on after Reach.  Fixing the things that were wrong with Halo 3 would have been SO FUCKING EASY and people would have loved it.  But they didn't want to make halo anymore so Instead they made Reach and slapped "Halo" on the name.  A giant "Fuck you, im out" to Halo fans imo and a technical test for what would evolve into Destiny.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That's kind of the shame of it too.  Most of those issues are technical ones.  And the major gameplay issue, random spread, is not difficult to fix.  These were all things that people complained about back in 2007 too.

That's why I don't want Bungie to touch Halo and was glad they were moving on after Reach.  Fixing the things that were wrong with Halo 3 would have been SO FUCKING EASY and people would have loved it.  But they didn't want to make halo anymore so Instead they made Reach and slapped "Halo" on the name.  A giant "Fuck you, im out" to Halo fans imo and a technical test for what would evolve into Destiny.

Well Microsoft wanted them to make 5 Halo games, not them. I'd put this in the area of of Microsoft if anything. Even with that, I'd argue that Reach is better than Halo 4 and Halo 5 as an overall game. It's hard to even give 343i credit for NBNS stuff, it was such an obvious fix at the time.

Overall with mp fixes, 343i and Bungie are at a somewhat even keel in that regard - but MCC still takes the cake for blunders in the Halo franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well Microsoft wanted them to make 5 Halo games, not them. I'd put this in the area of of Microsoft if anything. Even with that, I'd argue that Reach is better than Halo 4 and Halo 5 as an overall game. It's hard to even give 343i credit for NBNS stuff, it was such an obvious fix at the time.

Overall with mp fixes, 343i and Bungie are at a somewhat even keel in that regard - but MCC still takes the cake for blunders in the Halo franchise.

Oh yeah I know, and hindsight is 20/20.  If Microsoft had said, "OK bungie, you have been good for us for the last decade we'll let you create a new IP but we still want exclusivity"  after ODST Halo would probably be in a better place right now, as would Xbox as a whole.  The template for the next game would have been Halo 3 instead of Reach.  Exclusivity wouldn't have been a hard sell at the time since the 360 was killing it and Microsoft might have Destiny as an exclusive right now.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts....

I feel like a lot of people have quit streaming. Maybe Im crazy

It seems it but it must be down the stale state of the game and general lack of viewer interest. It doesn't seem fun for most pros anymore and they are just going through the motions of scrims and pro league. Shame but can't blame them really  :mj:

I feel like the only way they they'll be back is if the h5 train gets rolling after Denver. in my opinion watching pros stomping on kids in the HCS playlists is boring as fuck. That said I don't know why they're not streaming scrims and I do enjoy money 8s, those get sweaty lmaooo.

Also wish they'd maybe stream other games :/

Just tried H3 BC and couldnt last more than a few mins. I cant get used to 30fps unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 2