CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am taking steps to protect myself and the stream from the devastation that AC has caused to me, my family, and this community.

Yes the "devastation". Man give me a break.

I hope I'm just interpreting this wrong because I can think of a lot worse things someone can do to you besides give you thousands of dollars.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Can't tell if I'm getting older but there are times this Twitch / Youtube stuff just makes you think wtf.

If31r7L.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least this guy lied for money. Most people lie on the internet just for upvotes.

Edit: Will Stellur get fined for this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think my favorite part about Halo 3 being BC is all the nostalgia on my twitter timeline.

Man Bungie sure knew how to market a game. Starry night Halo 3 and we are ODST might be the two greatest Videogame trailers ever, I'll never get tired of watching them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think my favorite part about Halo 3 being BC is all the nostalgia on my twitter timeline.

Man Bungie sure knew how to market a game. Starry night Halo 3 and we are ODST might be the two greatest Videogame trailers ever, I'll never get tired of watching them.

i just booted it up again and i've just been listening to the music. every aspect of those games were amazing and the score really set it apart from anything on the market

I played some last night. Its a hard game to go back to honestly.

Aiming sucks. I forgot how bad the grid aiming was. The 30 fps is not as smooth as say, Destiny's 30 fps. 70 FoV is rough. might have been fine with a 4:3 tv but now it feels like i have blinders on. And the hit detection is just god awful, but most of my games last night were laggy messes.

The nostalgia feels good though....

Id rather play h4

I justbought titanfall2 anyway, so my time will be filled

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Before today I had never played real Halo 3 multiplayer. I never had home internet so I just played all the Halo campaign over and over and over again. I have played some H3 on MCC but I don't think that counts. I always thought ppl were exaggerating about how good H3 is because of how bad (comparatively) H4 and H5 are but I gotta say Halo 3 is a fucking blast and I can't wait to play it again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't mind the actions that the org took but benching the players making them unable to compete in any capacity unless they are bought out is why I was afraid of orgs in general. Sure they suck but don't hold them hostage with some unreasonable buyout.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't mind the actions that the org took but benching the players making them unable to compete in any capacity unless they are bought out is why I was afraid of orgs in general. Sure they suck but don't hold them hostage with some unreasonable buyout.

As long as the buyout is a reasonable / standard price, I think it's the right move.  The players tried to supercede the organization's punishment for a player.

The players in this case are salaried by the org, receiving money to represent both the org's interests and its values, and by trying to sneak around the ruling of the person who pays you is not a good look.

If Immortals are asking an unreasonable buyout, I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think that is actually the case here, based off Noah's demeanor as a CEO and the stuff he's shown as an owner since joining the esports scene with LoL.

...but in general, if your boss tells you "Don't do this." and then you do it, you deserve to be punished.

• Upvote (+1) 7

They're not held hostage because Orgs in Counter-Strike actually treat buyouts properly.

What would you prefer they do?

They're not held hostage because Orgs in Counter-Strike actually treat buyouts properly.

What would you prefer they do?

Allow them to compete without an org unless bought out.

They simply shouldn't be part of an organization that can do this if they're uncomfortable with what happened. Its not like the orgs are the bad guys they're just working within the agreements they made in self interest

• Upvote (+1) 1

They've just ruined a team that would have been valued in the hundreds of thousands (for wholly selfish reasons might I add). If you let them play out their contracts w/o Org they won't even look for Orgs until the contract is over and vice-versa. Time is on the side of the players if they're able to maintain their individual level:

• They need time for the situation to cool.
  • The three players need time to form a new team.
  • They need event time for that team to rise to the level Immortals was competing at.

Giving them this freedom is basically Immortals admitting they're not getting a cent for the team they helped build and maintain so at that point why not just release them fully?

They've just ruined a team that would have been valued in the hundreds of thousands (for wholly selfish reasons might I add). If you let them play out their contracts w/o Org they won't even look for Orgs until the contract is over and vice-versa. Time is on the side of the players if they're able to maintain their individual level:

• They need time for the situation to cool.
  • The three players need time to form a new team.
  • They need event time for that team to rise to the level Immortals was competing at.

Giving them this freedom is basically Immortals admitting they're not getting a cent for the team they helped build and maintain so at that point why not just release them fully?

Makes sense in the CS world I suppose but I wouldn't agree with this for Halo.