CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly thought this site would explode with excitement with H3 going back comp.

Everytime I watch SSBM I think about the idea of an old halo game being played for many years at tourneys. It's also weird to think about if the skill gap was ever fully reached in those games either.

I really hope that UGC does run a H3 event. Part of me want to think that it'd send a message to 343 and another part thinks they'll just high five each other and go back to whatever they've been doing. 

None the less I think its a good idea, especially after Denver, to see new and old faces team up for it. 

Yeah I'd love a H3 LAN tournament. Holy shit it would be so nice to see games start on time, nobody quitting the build, actual decent settings etc

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd love to see a H3 LAN! Wasn't into the competitive scene back then so I missed it all.

Also, objectively it would be good to see how popular a "classic Halo" LAN would be, and this may help sway the direction, or at least competitively, of the next Halo game.

Either way, loving BC H3! Hit me up for games on XBL: Bloke

:weback:

Disclaimer: I'm still bad.

I have no idea what you're trying to say with this post, especially with the last sentence.

I think he's saying that limiting Pro League to 8 teams while everyone else had to grind fruitless online cups killed interest from potential talent and orgs alike.

With little opportunity to play against top teams, and no point system to reward progress, upward mobility is a pipe dream.

The result is a top heavy league where scalping talent is the most fruitful way to improve because their are so few people interested in getting good at that game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here’s something interesting. I’m sure lots of us have heard of “AC Royale” from Twitch streams. There’s apparently something weird happening after a gofundme was set up in response to a tweet saying he was hit by a car.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/ninja_invictusx/status/911200296642203648

Here’s something interesting. I’m sure lots of us have heard of “AC Royale” from Twitch streams. There’s apparently something weird happening after a gofundme was set up in response to a tweet saying he was hit by a car.

Why would anyone trust a gofundme for a guy who was known to donate $20k to people on the internet? It's not like he'd need the money

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why would anyone trust a gofundme for a guy who was known to donate $20k to people on the internet? It's not like he'd need the money

Yeah that was my initial reaction as well is there something else that was posted about it earlier?

Literally the moment that his pro league match was over, Penguin boots up Destiny 2 in the background of Spartan's interview.  I love it.

lol i had to go back and rewatch that

RbZmWkX.png?1

• Upvote (+1) 5

God make this happen. 25k is solid money and we could see some old names stepping up. Also Ugc does know how to run good event, and they can actually run it on land this time around.

The most exciting part is that it is interest in running an event that isn't dev based. If they can get Optic vs nV H3 on LANd they can have 25 doll hairs from me.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

https://twitter.com/ACRoyale/status/911220480622956545

AC royale reminds me of my drunk uncle who got a $300k settlement and pissed it away in a year

The funny thing is. If there was no deceit and he flat out said he lost his job and couldn’t afford to continue donating as much as he had in the past everyone would have been overwhelmingly supportive.

Heck even if he said that he’d been lying and now found himself in debt because of that you’d probably still have people who would have been willing to help him get out of the bad spot he was in and back on his feet.

This was close to the worst way to approach the situation and because of that he’s lost pretty much everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/ACRoyale/status/911220480622956545

AC royale reminds me of my drunk uncle who got a $300k settlement and pissed it away in a year

It's like when you're subbed to a channel for awhile and then it's awkward going back when you don't re-sub.

But like with a lot a more money than what a sub costs.

"I'll lose my friends if I don't keep donating money" sounds like his mindset right now which is pretty immature.

Nobody cares if you're able to continue donating or not, and if they don't like you anymore after that, then they only wanted your money in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Imagine putting yourself into debt to “keep up appearances” on twitch. Insanity.

i used to work at a bank in northern va and you'd be surprised at how far in debt people will put themselves in order to look rich 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i used to work at a bank in northern va and you'd be surprised at how far in debt people will put themselves in order to look rich 

People are stupid with money! This and more on your 11 o'clock news.

• Upvote (+1) 1

$25k  :fire:  :fire:  :fire:

That'd be cool even though you know what game I'd rather have there.

However he replied that if this was to happen it would most likely be on Xbox One on BC. Makes sense from a business standpoint but I can't see players really enjoying that compared to using 360s' + discs.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure y'all are misunderstanding. It was an imposter AC Royale trying to scam for money, not the real one throwing all of his money away.

Edit: Whelp that Dexerto article proves me wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: I probably need to preface this post by stating I'm aware that I have extremely negative views of our society and most human beings that live in it.

I don't really understand when the financial burdens of an individual or family became the responsibility of strangers' donations on the internet.  

People who use GoFundMe like this really piss me off.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1