CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.

1. Are the microsoft store FFA settings AR starts and radar.

2. Is there anyway to find out how many people have registered for your local MS Store

3. Does it say what time these things start?

the answer to those determines if i want to or even can go so i wish they would have provided some of that but o well im happy theyre even doing this

Does anybody have any idea what structure competitive halo is going to take after fall finals?

That is more than fair to say, however you have gained @@Onset who is damn good at what he does and Gfinity who are an incredible team/TO.

To Clarify as i get questioned on this daily, I am a FT ESLUK employee, I will let the rest of the casters chime in if they feel they need to say who/what they work for as its not really my place to publicise who works where nor is it my business to talk about theirs.

In terms of losing me from the game, as far as i'm concerned I don't foresee it happening unless i went off and worked direct;y for a developer who would lock me down to their IP (i have zero envision of doing that). There's no real conflict of interest for me working for other companies, I can freelance to anyone I like and ESLUK encourages me to do more and more of the stuff I love. So many times i see people saying 'if Halo moves to MLG we lose Simms'. As you know in the past @@Clap very kindly offered me a place on the desk at 2016 NA regionals but at that specific time in my early career we couldn't get it to work. Now there is nothing stopping me from casting any other TO events nor do I believe any other TO would stop me. I've worked a Millennial, UMG and Gfinity and as mentioned above almost MLG.

You may see me working on some more games now Halo has left the UK office but please don't instantly think i'm done/out. It just now means that as i'm not working on the overall product I have time to focus on my casting career and broaden the scope of games I do.

You can't spell ESL is FUKT without FT ESLUK.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

-snip-

Pretty much as I thought then, makes sense that the majority of casters are freelance because as you say it means you can get more work :)

​Also just to clarify, by no means was I slighting Gfinity or @@Onset in any way when talking about the transfer of EU Halo away from ESL UK, I absolutely love Mark's casting and his passion for Halo, for me Wembley was probably the highlight of Halo in recent months. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also just to clarify, by no means was I slighting Gfinity or @@Onset in anyway when talking about the transfer of EU Halo away from ESL UK, I absolutely love Mark's casting and his passion for Halo, for me Wembley was probably the highlight of Halo in recent months. 

God no, never saw it that way. Yes its obviously disappointing to me to be losing a product I love/lived for around 2 years but its also very cool to see a good friend of mine inherit the project, a good friend that I know Halo means to him what Halo means to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

that's why it felt like a waste of time, this is day 1 stuff

which leads me to believe people don't care

People care, just not the right ones ones making the decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People care, just not the right ones ones making the decisions.

the people who care and are vocal get labeled as T O X I C

so i condensed my notes and took out all the direct personal attacks, let me know what you think

these are the absolute most basic things that i expect from a halo event stream

Nice, but you built up so much hype :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah dedicated switchers would be cool. Makes it 100x easier to color.

Other than the internet outage and someone rolling over the ethernet cord with a heavy cart - what happened this weekend? I was primarily focused on storylines and statistics I wanted to present.

Can't remember everything since the internet issues is the things that stand out so much. But there were some graphic issues, countdown timers going to 0 only to have another 15 min countdown timer to start. AND when that timer reached 0 it got replaced by Stay Tuned. Audio issues, game audio was mirrored so right side audio came out on the left side and vice versa (that problem took AGES to fix). There were probably more things and people memed away on those in the other thread.

One thing that really annoyed me after the Grand Final (and I saw other mention this as well) was that the stream cut to a 7 minute break right after it was done. I mean, why would you do that!? All the hype is lost when you come back and A LOT of people have turned off the stream by then. What made it even worse for me was the reason they went to a break was that the casters supposed to be on the analyst desk was in the crowd when the game ended. They should be ready to take on right after the casters are done. Look at any other esports production! That way you keep the hype going for a time and more people stay to watch the analysis. And meanwhile you are talking about the game, you grab Shooter and Bubu to the caster desk so you can interview them. And pls Ghost and Side don't ask them the same question three times in a row, only worded differently ;)

The production crew needs to watch other esport events and learn from them. See how they make the broadcast flow, making it as enjoyable for the viewers as possible.

PGL that runs CSGO is famous for their amazing stream production, even though the major had lots and lots of technical difficulties. (They have never ever had problems before) They were even forced to actually play one game off stream, day 1 I think it was. Which is a first and really embarrassing for CSGO too, but they fixed the problem at least for the remaining days. Which is something you can't say Halo production did. So if I would recommend something to watch for the production quality, I would usually say them.

Anyways nice casting/analysis as usual Knighty!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't forget Atlanta has the cheapest airport to buy a ticket for in the whole world. The average airfare is something like $200 

I expect that Denver is actually going to be cheaper for anyone from the UK - Atlanta dates coincided with school holidays and airlines always hike their prices massively during those to milk as much from families going abroad as they can.

Dreamhack Denver thankfully falls during the school term and so should be about £300 cheaper to fly to and from (based on when I compared the travel costs for the two events before buying my ATL tickets). If the hotels also end up being cheaper then it's a much more affordable event for us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

purposeful neg

purposeful neutral because i'm unsure if you want positive or negative rep  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

purposeful neutral because i'm unsure if you want positive or negative rep  :thinking:

d2f7709adc2ad4f1ea800ff789e25788.jpg

This post better stay at a neutral 0 rep

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3