CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wait, people assumed the skins profits would go to the players?

I always assumed it was going straight to the team to divvy up however they want.

Why didn't the players actually ask their org?  Seems obvious.   :stern:

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's a meme from way back in the day (h2a maybe?)

i think t2 said it

Wait H2A is considered "back in the day"? 

We getting old Mike, we getting old.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I find Tashi's comments strange tbh, to act like the players wouldn't have been in contact with their org on whether or not money has come in from skins yet.

That's because if he was doing anything other than trying to deflect he wouldn't have said that at all. Its very naive to think out of all of these players and employees nobody would've checked their own camp first.

I'd imagine this is a bit of an issue though. A lot of people probably bought those skins because they wanted to support their chosen team(s) and finding out that didn't actually happen is going to put people off from purchasing more and gives out more lessons to not trust 343 with anything

Wait, people assumed the skins profits would go to the players?

I always assumed it was going straight to the team to divvy up however they want.

We strongly believe in enabling the Halo community to support their favorite teams and players, and to continue this philosophy, a split of the proceeds of each of pack will go directly to the respective teams.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/esports/skins

It's a fair assumption. Even if you want to hindsight 20/20 it and say "well teams OBVIOUSLY mean the orgs" (since when?), then I'd argue it's still vague enough to be misunderstood.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's a meme from way back in the day (h2a maybe?)

i think t2 said it

tfw your jokes are just too old

gsRkxNp.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1