CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

HCS London is done and dusted. So proud of every one involved. Massive shoutout to all of the talent for their hard work this event, they killed it. Genuinely feels like a family whenever I see these guys and they are all amazing friends. Also massive shoutout to Lottie for her dedication and hard work on her first halo event, she killed it.

Feedback always appreciated on the event and personal performance appreciated. Thanks for the kind words, I feel like we set a standard for Halo again this weekend.

Just got back home (well staying with family, the rest of the drive comes tomorrow) and just wanted to say thank you for an amazing event. The venue is stunning and all the staff were top notch.

Also managed to catch one of the event tshirts they were throwing into the crowd

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well done 343 and Gfinity for a successful and smooth event. We knew it was possible!

Just got back home (well staying with family, the rest of the drive comes tomorrow) and just wanted to say thank you for an amazing event. The venue is stunning and all the staff were top notch.

Also managed to catch one of the event tshirts they were throwing into the crowd

OT but am I the only one that is done with Scuff or Elite until the Xbox One S bumpers are used?

Also - Nice event Gfinity   :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT but am I the only one that is done with Scuff or Elite until the Xbox One S bumpers are used?

Also - Nice event Gfinity   :weback:

I need a new controller, my sticks on my elite are so loose. Scuf doesn't use the new Xbox controllers? 

I got an Elite controller in March of last year. The bumpers lasted until ~May-June.

I only got around to fixing them this past June. Not 2 weeks later, the left stick would become stuck when pressed. I give up. I can't bring myself to deal with Microsoft's Xbox accessories that are defective more often than not.

Not sure what the issue is, we haven't been paid for the customer service work we did during MCC.

Well you haven't fixed it yet have you!

• Upvote (+1) 9

I thought it was pretty obvious that WonderBoy and Onset drank the UMG Daytona budget away and whatever was left got lost in the sea because Ace could only save Wonderboy not the money too. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So whats the general consensus on the Weapon Tuning playlist? Sorry been away from the scene for about a month. 

So whats the general consensus on the Weapon Tuning playlist? Sorry been away from the scene for about a month.

BR spread is bad. Storm rifle not being nerfed alongside all other precision weapons and autos is bad. I think that's enough.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Most weapons have been nerfed. Nerfing the precision weapons mostly entails adding significant random spread. Instead of weapons like the BR being more difficult to use via red reticle range reduction, less aim assist, or less bullet magnetism, 343 introduced RNG spread outside the control of the players.

Gunfighter magnum has received CSGO like recoil. Keyboard and mouse recoil that is supposed to be controlled with a joystick basically.

It's very confusing and 343 hasn't said what they have done and why they did it either. This confusion adds to my initial confusion of there being so many different weapons that all do the same thing. Games with a big sandbox of weapons are great. However, games with a lot of weapons usually end up a muddy mess 90% of the time. A whole bunch of weapons that all do the same thing that have to be nerfed so theres a reason to use different weapons in different situations. Or they all have to be extremely strong so one weapon doesn't dominate the rest. We have now seen both extremes throughout Halo 5s life cycle.

I know Halo 1 isnt the most popular game here, but I think its important to note how much sense that game made functionality. The pistol was the only precision weapon and it was able to fulfill all roles. It had high aim assist but low bullet magnetism so you weren't sitting there fighting your joysticks on a console controller. Hitting shots was about predicting where your opponent will move next rather than who can abuse auto aim the most. Next, lead had to increase significantly at range. You didnt need another weapon that was nerfed at short distance and buffed at long distance to fulfill that role. So long range battles remained skillful instead of battles being determined by who happened to randomly stumble across a better weapon and have it out. That was it for precision weapons. There wasn't a point to have 5 different types of precision weapons when 1 weapon can skillfully fulfill all roles.

Then Halo 1 added different weapons that actually do different things. A plasma rifle that freezes and does high shield damage. An AR that meeles quicker than other weapons. Unzoomable weapons that make you go full camo quicker. It wasn't a quake by any means, but it was a clear division of weapons that wasnt a muddy mess like Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've had my elite for just over a year and the only problem with it is that the grips are starting to fall off.

I have slowed it down with some super glue but the grips seem to be larger than the area it was meant to fill so there's bubbles on parts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many people were there to spectate? Did you take any pics that you can share?

Overall the mainstage was nearly full on sunday and saturday was pretty full despite the ffa going on all day.

In terms of numbers i have no idea. I know it was completely sold out though, maybe @@Onset has some idea of capacity.

I have to say im a little gutted i didnt enter the ffa just for a laugh but will definitely do so next time.

I did take a few pics but the camera on my phone is terrible in low light so they are not good quality but can upload some later when i get home.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Overall the mainstage was nearly full on sunday and saturday was pretty full despite the ffa going on all day.

In terms of numbers i have no idea. I know it was completely sold out though, maybe @@Onset has some idea of capacity.

I have to say im a little gutted i didnt enter the ffa just for a laugh but will definitely do so next time.

I did take a few pics but the camera on my phone is terrible in low light so they are not good quality but can upload some later when i get home.

I don't know about mainstage specifically but on their site they mention 600 person capacity total.
  • Upvote (+1) 1