CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ask LoL fans? They don't even get different maps just different heroes (which is where the variation occurs). MLB been playing same game for hundreds of years like other traditional sports and is still finding new ways of doing things. 

CS:GO > Halo for me because Halo is getting super stale. Meta really never changes, the tactics are nowhere near as deep as CS, and EU halo only good to watch at the higher levels so Champ Sunday here I come. I watch Halo because I enjoy supporting the hard work put in by the staff (s/o to Simms, Wonderbread, Gaskin, and fakeGainsOnset) and the game will always be my first love. 

It's just the storylines, tactics, and constant evolving meta that keeps GO fresh where Halo isn't. 

i don't watch or enjoy LoL though, same goes for baseball

soccer is a beautiful and complex game with tons of history but you couldn't pay me to watch it

if you don't enjoy the game at it's core then idk if you can enjoy watching it as an esport, no matter how fresh it is

i find cs gun battles horribly boring to watch, yes i'm aware of the skill involved, i used to play cpl

(i'm not saying you are wrong when it comes to csgo having a lot more storylines and a deeper meta)

• Upvote (+1) 1

i don't watch or enjoy LoL though, same goes for baseball

soccer is a beautiful and complex game with tons of history but you couldn't pay me to watch it

if you don't enjoy the game at it's core then idk if you can enjoy watching it as an esport, no matter how fresh it is

i find cs gun battles horribly boring to watch, yes i'm aware of the skill involved, i used to play cpl

(i'm not saying you are wrong when it comes to csgo having a lot more storylines and a deeper meta)

Another thing with halo are gunfights. I've always been one for having more weapons because seeing pistol v pistol (no matter how skillfull) all the time with the occasional BR/DMR and sniper/rockets is boring after too long while CS you have multiple viable weapons at different ranges. Seeing someone get a spray transfer, wallbang, or tap headshots is more enjoyable than the Halo fights IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another thing with halo are gunfights. I've always been one for having more weapons because seeing pistol v pistol (no matter how skillfull) all the time with the occasional BR/DMR and sniper/rockets is boring after too long while CS you have multiple viable weapons at different ranges. Seeing someone get a spray transfer, wallbang, or tap headshots is more enjoyable than the Halo fights IMO. 

i really enjoy seeing strafes vs someone dying in .2 seconds

cs gun fights = someone standing still and shooting

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you watched Liquid vs SK instead of that last series, I'm sorry, but you fucked up

Do I get a pass off for Match of the Day?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Being a total dick is more fun, though. Really, I'm just trying to be helpful here. Watching potentially legendary performance for an NA CS team versus pretending B-Tier teams in Halo Guardians 5 are exciting. Making fun of the HCS gets more entertaining the deader this game gets. lol.

Can't remember who has it, but someone on these forums has a really applicable sig for this

Along the lines of "the anonymity of the internet gives you the ability to be an asshole, but that doesn't mean you should be one"

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is an interesting thing you bring up. At the moment, I think CSGO has had a lull in growth, mainly due to PUBG and people in general getting bored of the same things.

I think it speaks to the idea that moderate change is necessary to keep up popularity and hype. I used to wonder why LoL messed with their game so much and this is making me realize that if LoL had rested and kept the same game they had in 2012, people would have almost certainly gotten bored of it.

But realistically, how do you change CSGO and its meta to the extent that LoL changes? CSGO has been set in its roots for nearly 20 years, and I find it extremely hard to believe that the community would be that accepting of change.

And clearly Halo is a perfect example of what happens when you try to change things too quick, for the wrong reasons, and the wrong ways.

I think it has to be a very weird position for a game developer to be into. On one hand, you know you have a solid game that's growing. On the other hand, if you rest on it, it'll get stale.

It must be an especially awkward position for those games which weren't really "meant" to have a sequel for some reason, such as an in-depth item and market system. How do you appreciably "change" a game without a sequel? LoL clearly manages, but that game has a history of change. CSGO doesn't have a history of dramatic meta-redefining updates.

I think this is where Overwatch has a bit of advantage over CSGO. Champions and abilities allow an entirely different avenue with which to pursue change. It's also newer and less "rooted" in its ways.

It's a fine line which I don't think can be played perfectly. But LoL has undoubtedly done it the best.

I miss the old, non-constructive, shitposting NavG  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry haven't been on here as much as I would have liked through the last few days. Unfortunate circumstance today but super proud of all the players and gfinity staff for how it was dealt with. Huge shoutout to the talent too, working through a long day and keeping the energy levels high throughout.

Championship Sunday later today, should be a blinder!

American here. What is a blinder?

• Upvote (+1) 3

It takes a literal terror threat for gfinity to have stream issues.

It takes just showing up for NA halo to fuck up

Oh come on now, give them a break and their 1200th chance. They're trying, mean well and are nice people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like Cratos picked up Str8 Sick. This man refuses to die; wouldn't be surprised if he places top 6 again.

Because Cratos is actually pretty good especially for a glue player. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Csgo needs another gametype.

No it needs not complete shit and cancer matchmaking. I stopped playing CS because MM is cancer and I don't feel like paying $6 a month for a 3rd party MM service that has a history of using subscribers' PCs for bitcoin mining. A map rotation and constant updates would help too.

• Upvote (+1) 4

American here. What is a blinder?

It means, generally speaking, something really, really good.

For example, you could be described as 'playing an absolute blinder' if you're putting up 22+ kills, getting all the power-ups and dying very little in each game of a series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather LISTEN to EU Halo just for the commentary than watch CS

I haven't watched any of the EU event, but CS:GO has the best commentary in esports in my eyes. Their casters are top notch, and will get you hyped no matter if you know what's happening or not. I just had to throw that out there, because I have really come to appreciate them a lot in the last couple of years as I've gotten more and more into CS:GO. They remind me a lot of Doc Emrick. 

This is the only type of situation where I feel showing the FFA final is fine. ie. 5/6 people are pros or very well known

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, I always enjoy the FFA on the Sunday as a nice way to open up the event. I'm not overly interested in who wins but it means I can have some Halo on in the background so that by the time the bracket matches start I'm feeling nice and hyped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, I always enjoy the FFA on the Sunday as a nice way to open up the event. I'm not overly interested in who wins but it means I can have some Halo on in the background so that by the time the bracket matches start I'm feeling nice and hyped.

Well you have to admit it's a LOT more exciting when the top pros are playing as opposed to Rasa Libre.

• Upvote (+1) 1