CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I would like to see something similar with how MLG runs the CoD events. It gives the EU guys more of an opportunity to play against NA teams on LAN 

Don't forget Atlanta has the cheapest airport to buy a ticket for in the whole world. The average airfare is something like $200 

I made some numbers already(trying to go to Denver) and while the flight is a bit more( from Maryland), the hotels ARE MUCH CHEAPER. I'm really hoping that there is a legit crowd for Denver too because Sunday was hype.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anyone have a link to a chronological list of LAN winning rosters? I'm trying to think of the last time a team of 4 players that had never before won a major LAN tournament, won a LAN tournament together. And I can't. Pretty sure it's been a long ass time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ESL is doing the bare minimum with the pro league. Though, I'd hate to lose Simms. 

Does anyone have a link to a chronological list of LAN winning rosters? I'm trying to think of the last time a team of 4 players that had never before won a major LAN tournament, won a LAN tournament together. And I can't. Pretty sure it's been a long ass time.

Speaking specifically to MLG events, I think the only other one was Raleigh '11

Lethul, Blaze, APG, Ryanoob

Edit: I was wrong.  It was SQ at Dallas '11

Ace, Assault, Enable, Flamesword

• Upvote (+1) 4

Edit: I was wrong.  It was SQ at Dallas '11

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

ESL is doing the bare minimum with the pro league. Though, I'd hate to lose Simms. 

Have we technically not already lost Simms due to ESL UK no longer running the EU league? I'm sure he'll still be around as a caster but I presume he'll keep working with ESL UK on other games when Gfinity take over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have we technically not already lost Simms due to ESL UK no longer running the EU league? I'm sure he'll still be around as a caster but I presume he'll keep working with ESL UK on other games when Gfinity take over.

Losing Simms would be a tragedy, but really losing all the EU casters would be bad.  Not sure which ones are full time ESL employees other than Simms though?

• Upvote (+1) 1

i have a feeling he'll be put with other games as time moves on. and good for him to tbh. that guy works his ass off and a)shouldnt be the one apologizing for other's mistakes (though this does show tremendous character) b) deserves to be inf front of a large audience. i could see him going the path of @@GoldenboyFTW and hosting multiple games as needed

Losing Simms would be a tragedy, but really losing all the EU casters would be bad.  Not sure which ones are full time ESL employees other than Simms though?

I don't think we're on track to lose any of them really - we've seen them plenty of times at events ran by companies other than their respective employers. I'm purely speculating but I would think their casting is done mostly on a freelance basis. However, it is fair to say that in terms of EU Halo we have lost Simms in an operational/organisational sense as that scene has now been passed over to Gfinity. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong @@TheSimms @@Onset 

I like Tashi - I think this issue is more to do with the heads of other departments at 343i.

Seems to be a whole lot of 'in-between steps', which is another nod to it being bureaucracy that seems to be the main cause of delay.

They have this QA-steps and yet they spell it Spyce. :simms:

Now, that probably didn't go through those steps, but should it really have too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moses_FPS so you have time to upvote my posts but not enough time to work on the roast?

roast is 99% done but it's too spicy for the light of day, so i'm probably not gonna share it

tl;dr - im a pusc

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 12

roast is 99% done but it's too spicy for the light of day, so i'm probably not gonna share it

tl;dr - im a pusc

Can you give some background on the roast for people who are not me who may not be familiar with the purpose, and target of it?

tl;dr - im a pusc

Reword it then. They are professionals who should be able to handle constructive criticism, and its our job as a community to provide it even if its not what they want to hear. Of course, we should do that without being aggressive or rude if we want to be taken seriously, so make a few edits and then release it. If they ignore it, that's on them, not on you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO your opinions on the matter are valuable... maybe scale back the severity but still put the criticisms and suggestions for improvement out there? If anyone's feelings get hurt over constructive feedback then they can't really consider themselves a professional who cares about improving.

i was thinking about doing something like that but i'm not sure it's worth the time investment

i mean ESL "forgot" to bring crowd mics to dreamhack.... are they really worth my time? do they really care anymore?

should we really have to spoon feed the "biggest" esports company in the world such basic things?

you guys are right though, i shouldn't just do nothing, i was thinking about writing some short bullet points about what we expect from HCS

Can you give some background on the roast for people who are not me who may not be familiar with the purpose, and target of it?

tl;dr

• Upvote (+1) 8

You should share it privately here. We wont tell anybody.  ;)