CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have never understood console hate.

Some of the most enjoyable experiences of my life are Halo LANs. Xbox's are portable, easy and only need two cables. I find the controllers comfortable and you can really relax your posture when playing. Too bad Halo has died because my Xbox is now a dust collector.

I also love PC games though. Supreme Commander, Total War, Red Orchestra, Battlefield 2142, PUBG, I love all of these games.

Unbiased master race.

I miss Halo so much.

Seems like most people entirely miss my point. A good deal of the reason the current console experience is shit on a bunch of different levels and has gotten worse over the years is that console players don't EXPECT quality. That's a fundamental, philosophical difference with PC.

Do you think a game that tries to take itself seriously as a competitive title could get away with broken aiming for a year and a half? Could Valve release a patch for CSGO that fucks with a bunch of major weapons and with no patch notes and call it a "blind test?" Could a major developer release a game on PC locked at 30fps with some hybrid P2P networking system and have their community shrug it off and make all manner of silly excuses for why it had to be that way? The answer to all of those questions is obviously no.

​Is there any reason that CONSOLES (I'm not even talking PC here) could not have any of the following?

​-Mouse and keyboard support

-High and unlocked framerates

-Reliable online service that is actually worth spending 5-10 dollar a month for

-BASIC settings (it is currently shocking to see "FOV" in a console options menu)

-Real aim and cross hair settings

I don't hate consoles. I hate the fact that modern consoles are garbage and people don't seem to have a problem with that. Of course, I'm on a competitive forum for an FPS filled with people who apparently just prefer controls so imprecise that the game has to aim for you, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that my point is missed.

• Upvote (+1) 14
  • Downvote (-1) 6

arg literally just stirs up shit about pc master race in every possible thread or complains about how bad halo is now. pretty insufferable

just use the ignore feature honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

arg literally just stirs up shit about pc master race in every possible thread or complains about how bad halo is now. pretty insufferable

just use the ignore feature honestly.

I would agree with you, but then I start searching the new patch playlist and the suicidal tendencies I feel tell me that he's fucking right

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't hate consoles. I hate the fact that modern consoles are garbage and people don't seem to have a problem with that. Of course, I'm on a competitive forum for an FPS filled with people who apparently just prefer controls so imprecise that the game has to aim for you, so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that my point is missed.

As a kid, playing the N64/PS2/Xbox at friends houses (didn't own a console until 2004) if you spoke to me about frame rates/FOV/mouse and keyboard, I wouldn't care whatsoever. I liked good graphics, but over that I preferred gameplay and enjoyment. At that age, going over to a friends house to play games meant 'let's play Halo'. I remember my friend trying to show my Battlefield 1942 at the time and I asked

"Can we play split screen?"

"No."

"Then I don't want to watch you play, let's play Halo."

We would organised LANs and Halo parties with 4+ people and we only needed 1 or 2 Xbox's to do this. Not once did issues "FoV" "Frame rate" come up because at the time I was incapable of giving a shit about those things. I loved Halo and I loved playing with friends.

This continued through the 360 era with the exception that we all now had our own Xbox's and monitors, so LAN's had more Xbox's and I got more used to having better resolution, better screen quality (not CRT) and a whole screen to myself instead of 1/4 of a screen or 1/2 a screen.

Fast forward to 2010. I had a job and I wanted a gaming PC. I knew they were better from seeing my friend play Crysis on max settings. I wanted a piece of that pie. I still loved the shit out of Halo, but I wanted to see what the graphics were on PC. So I've been updating my PC since. I have a very good machine and I love it. Since ~2006 I've loved RTS games on PC, but never really got into shooters until Red Orchestra 2 (to this day I prefer FPS on console.)

TLDR: The point is, I grew up with console as an entry point. At that age you don't give a shit. I feel people mature into PC gamers as they go on. You have less time on your hands so you want the best you can get in your spare time (also as you get older you get a job and disposable income). If I only have 3-4 hours of gaming every couple days then I want to spend it on the best settings and the most customised and comfortable setup I can get. I still cherish my Halo memories and I will go back to them in an instant if MCC worked of if Halo 6 is an actual Halo game, but until then I'll stick to PC because I've matured passed the need for console. I can afford a high spec PC and it has more variety on it.

I will never throw shade at console players though because that's where I started and the blissful ignorance of console gameplay can be a lot better than fiddling with sueprsampling settings and optimising nvidia control panel. I would do a Halo LAN over a PC LAN any day. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would agree with you, but then I start searching the new patch playlist and the suicidal tendencies I feel tell me that he's fucking right

Halo isn't exactly going downhill because it's on a console like arg's last censored post suggested. Look at H5F if you don't believe me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like most people entirely miss my point. A good deal of the reason the current console experience is shit on a bunch of different levels and has gotten worse over the years is that console players don't EXPECT quality. That's a fundamental, philosophical difference with PC.

Sure, for the handful of games you've mentioned. But, let's not act like PC gamers don't routinely fall for the dozens of garbage, incomplete, buggy, and money-grabby messes that are perpetually making the rounds on Steam. I know it's not fair to bring early access games into this, but I don't think PC gamers as a whole are the refined connoisseurs of fine video gaming you make them out to be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a way to upload pictures on mobile? If not sure would be nice

Upload to imgur then paste the link in here like this (with the last character being a closing square parenthesis) 

your imgur IRL [/img| 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Upload to imgur then paste the link in here like this (with the last character being a closing square parenthesis)

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/QH2enQ3"

I don't have an account there, but I did find this gem that seems like it could be applied to so many things as a fan of competitive Halo

Edit: mod please help my incompetence ^ or someone else can just post the actual gif

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/QH2enQ3"

I don't have an account there, but I did find this gem that seems like it could be applied to so many things as a fan of competitive Halo

Edit: mod please help my incompetence ^ or someone else can just post the actual gif

Right click  on the gifv > open video in new tab > change the url from imgur.com/whatever.gifv to imgur.com/whatever.gif

Paste that URL in the [/img| 

????

Profit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sure, for the handful of games you've mentioned. But, let's not act like PC gamers don't routinely fall for the dozens of garbage, incomplete, buggy, and money-grabby messes that are perpetually making the rounds on Steam. I know it's not fair to bring early access games into this, but I don't think PC gamers as a whole are the refined connoisseurs of fine video gaming you make them out to be.

I love the inevitable nitpicking when anyone points out obvious, but inconvenient trends. I'm not "acting like" anything. I'm not suggesting that every single person who plays games on their PC an exemplar of virtue and good taste. You're being deliberately obtuse. You can point to exceptions to basically anything. It doesn't refute the trend. The PC gaming space is not exclusively hardcore enthusiasts with high standards, but it IS where most of those people are.

​And you know what happens when developers shit out broken garbage games on PC? They get overwhelmingly negative reviews and refunds on steam. Consoles? "MCC was fixed ages ago, dude. Stop whining." When a competitive game gets shitty updates and broken core features, you don't have 2 years of people saying "it's fine ur just bad" until the developer releases a half fix. Particularly not in competitive communities. You don't have a bunch of people on PC jumping through hoops, making excuses for sub par performance in major games. You don't have people totally fine with p2p networking and 15 tick servers.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Halo isn't exactly going downhill because it's on a console like arg's last censored post suggested. Look at H5F if you don't believe me.

I have in no way suggested that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude...Cod and Minecraft have been the top games on console for years now....im sorry its become a joke. PC still has some level of respect at least with Steam and strong core communities not built on yearly marketing plans and micro-transactions/"optional" DLC's fucking you up the ass every time you update the game. Nothing else is really successful on console anymore in terms of a "core game" anymore especially MP wise. Its sort of like if your a core gamer you should definitely have a decent gaming pc or get one right now or your missing out on like 90 percent of the good core games out right now(not to mention entire sub-genres,mods, better graphics/frame-rate,controls,ect..)thats all im going to say.

I started on NES and Sega Dreamcast before PC gaming as well, I like certain console games and some games do feel better on console to me and sometimes its alot easier/more convenient to just turn on the Xbox and kick your feet up on the couch after a long days work rather than go home and hunch over again to look at PC monitor. Im not an elitist im a realist. PC gaming is light years better for core gamers as it currently stands and in terms of a long-term sustained community(like the old Xbox clan shooter communities that no longer exist that many of u remember so fondly). Hell, you can use controllers for most Steam games now, theres literally no reason not to join the masterrace unless your content with not getting the greatest gaming experience possible and getting the added bonus of a wider breathe of games and developers you cant get just being a single platform gamer.

However, many of you are clearly not content you bitch on Halo forums all day about a dev/game that doesn't give two shits about you. I am in support of gaming on as many different platforms as possible btw if you can afford it, I still have a Nintendo for example because I like certain exclusive Nintendo franchises ive played since I was a child and Nintendo is a great company. Do whatever makes you happy though I dont care ive played virtually every type of game on every platform because im a gamer first, not a platform elitist lifes too short for that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Can you guys believe we're almost to the 3rd anniversary of MCC? The amount of time that has passed since MCC to now is the same amount of time that has passed from H2 to H3.

Cannot wait for Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Anniversary WOOOOOO IM HYPED ALREADY!

/s

​Is there any reason that CONSOLES (I'm not even talking PC here) could not have any of the following?

​-Mouse and keyboard support

-High and unlocked framerates

-Reliable online service that is actually worth spending 5-10 dollar a month for

-BASIC settings (it is currently shocking to see "FOV" in a console options menu)

-Real aim and cross hair settings

Mouse and Keyboard support is coming for XBox 'soon'

Mouse and Keyboard support is coming for XBox 'soon'

And it will be for select titles, most FPS games not being included.

your imgur IRL [/img|

Imgur tries to force you to have an account and sign in to upload on mobile btw. You have to use your browsers option to use desktop site to by pass it.

Its kinda bullshit. LF replacement

What exactly did they do to the br? Is it just lower aim assist or the spread too? Because it feels like shit, same way the magnum does up close

What exactly did they do to the br? Is it just lower aim assist or the spread too? Because it feels like shit, same way the magnum does up close

I feel like it was too easy to use up close (considering its a 'rifle'), so the change kinda makes some sense to make you consider switching to pistol sometimes.

Dunno, but I felt like two shot beatdowns did not work at all with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1