CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In most cases I've seen in my life... people who have access to PC gaming prefer it over console gaming, and those who started on console and got a taste of PC usually stuck with PC unless they have good reason to stay on console ($$$$ or broke friends).

Definitely anecdotal, but I've seen the complete opposite.

For more $0.02, I've bounced between the two my whole life, and was probably more on the PC side up until CE dropped (I was 14 at the time), my stepdad being a huge computer nerd from way back, but Halo really drew me in unlike any game had before (except, admittedly DDR, which I played at an embarrassingly competitive level for a long time).  I'm at the point now where I've played plenty of shooters across both platforms, and it basically comes down to preferring most on console now just because of comfort.  I love how Halo feels with a controller, and it basically influences my taste in regards to other.  

I've dabbled in the traditional arena shooters (Q3 and UT2k4 mostly), CS (from 1.5/.6, thru CZ, Source, as well as a bit of GO), and the current round of ARMA/Dayz/Battle Royales, and those I'd take PC for, but anything in the Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall, Halo spectrum, the movement and alternative combat mechanisms just feel better with a controller.  

Again, take all that with a grain of salt, because I've got well over 20k Halo matches under my belt, and it accounts for at least 90% of my all time FPS playtime.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I actually love what they did in this regard. They gave their reasoning, and now the entire tuning test performs a bit like a blind study.

Fair point. HOWEVER I WANNA KNOW EVERYTHING OKAY

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fair point. HOWEVER I WANNA KNOW EVERYTHING OKAY

Oh don't get me wrong, I want to ATTACK this numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my limited experience, Auto rifles seem to be the better choice on console and hand cannons are better on PC.  How forgiving are the bitboxes compared to Destiny 1?

Never played D1 but it feels no different than COD - just the fps obviously 

Did they add a ton of recoil to the gun righter magnum? Also the reticle seems different

Definitely anecdotal, but I've seen the complete opposite.

For more $0.02, I've bounced between the two my whole life, and was probably more on the PC side up until CE dropped (I was 14 at the time), my stepdad being a huge computer nerd from way back, but Halo really drew me in unlike any game had before (except, admittedly DDR, which I played at an embarrassingly competitive level for a long time). I'm at the point now where I've played plenty of shooters across both platforms, and it basically comes down to preferring most on console now just because of comfort. I love how Halo feels with a controller, and it basically influences my taste in regards to other.

I've dabbled in the traditional arena shooters (Q3 and UT2k4 mostly), CS (from 1.5/.6, thru CZ, Source, as well as a bit of GO), and the current round of ARMA/Dayz/Battle Royales, and those I'd take PC for, but anything in the Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall, Halo spectrum, the movement and alternative combat mechanisms just feel better with a controller.

Again, take all that with a grain of salt, because I've got well over 20k Halo matches under my belt, and it accounts for at least 90% of my all time FPS playtime.

I feel this, as someone who still plays Stepmania with a pad and CSGO on PC with a controller. (demo only) Some games just feel better or are more enjoyable with a controller or specific devices like a fight stick or a DDR pad despite other options having (arguable or otherwise) better performance. Good post.

Truth is back to Fuel Rod, Sword, Storm and Splinters...

This whole thing just seems weird. BR is definitely much more difficult to use but feels very inconsistant. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

But people can still tap trigger the AR for more accurate shots. A lot of pros were doing that already.

Still not good for competitive play in this state imo.

You are saying this like you are considering AR as a possible tool in competitive sandbox.

Geographical distribution.  North and Latin America have a much higher % of console:PC than any other regions in the world.  In Asia, the ratio is extremely low because PC Bangs exist, so people usually do their gaming in a social setting, on a PC, in a cafe somewhere.

except for Japan, very console-heavy there ...

H5 is literally the only game that I play on console and I plan on selling my XB1 once H6 launches on PC.  At least PS4 has exclusives but I see zero reason to own an XB1 due to all 'exclusive' games now ending up on PC as well.  

With that said, if there isn't a controller-only version of H6 on PC I will jump off a cliff or something, cannot stand playing Halo with KB+M

You are saying this like you are considering AR as a possible tool in competitive sandbox.

I mean, it was never an issue in previous Halos because they weren't overpowered and were only good in specific situations.

H2A had an AR pickup top-mid on Lockdown for example.

2638787-pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lock

• Upvote (+1) 1

But people can still tap trigger the AR for more accurate shots. A lot of pros were doing that already.

Still not good for competitive play in this state imo.

...you mean...

If you use the weapon more skillfully, it's better?

I'm pretty sure the pistol (as weak as it is) clearly out-damages a burst-fired AR. So unless you are missing shots, you should be safe. And if the AR user is hitting all of his shots, while controlling the bloom and strafing to make you miss, he kind of deserves the kill.

I'm just glad the "press Y to win" is gone and the AR is no longer outperforming the Magnum out to extreme ranges. Now of course, this is just me firing at the wall for a quick demonstration. There might be a crazy exploit where crouching makes the bloom go away insanely quick, or the silenced AR's bloom  behaves differently than the regular one (this is still 343 we are talking about).

And for the record, I think autos should stay the hell out of the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, it was never an issue in previous Halos because they weren't overpowered and were only good in specific situations.

Some things are better off dead.

And for the record, I think autos should stay the hell out of the HCS.

I personally think autos are a non-issue if they're ACTUALLY balanced.

I like autos in general.

I don't like auto design in the Halo franchise outside of Plasma Rifles (projectile autos that aren't supposed to track).  The Storm Rifle in H5 wouldn't be nearly as busted if the plasma bolts didn't literally curve to hit targets when being fired with a red reticule.

Leading shots with projectiles is a skillful method of aiming, with plenty of ways to be outplayed from the person being shot at -- I wish we got more weapons designed around this, or the Brute Shot / Concussion Rifle / Grenade Launcher.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So I don't think that them tuning the weapon means anything (necessarily) for the competitive sandbox.

I don't think a lot of us consider the (more) casual audience who also finds the AR frustrating. I'm all for a sandbox rebalancing; it'd be great if I could venture out of the shelter of the one playable list for matchmaking.

So I don't think that them tuning the weapon means anything (necessarily) for the competitive sandbox.

I don't think a lot of us consider the (more) casual audience who also finds the AR frustrating. I'm all for a sandbox rebalancing; it'd be great if I could venture out of the shelter of the one playable list for matchmaking.

If you think the people in charge don't actually want to make autos present in competitive play, then all I have to say is... Oh, you sweet summer child.

If you think the people in charge don't actually want to make autos present in competitive play, then all I have to say is... Oh, you sweet summer child.

I think that's definitely a pretty good possibility. But speculating seems a little silly.

god i just cant stand playing a competitive fps without aim assist, tiny FoV, and 2 second turn around time amirite guize

we get it dude you play on pc.

Naamloos-2_bewerkt-1.jpg

are you here to convert us or rub it in our faces?

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I have never understood console hate.

Some of the most enjoyable experiences of my life are Halo LANs. Xbox's are portable, easy and only need two cables. I find the controllers comfortable and you can really relax your posture when playing. Too bad Halo has died because my Xbox is now a dust collector.

I also love PC games though. Supreme Commander, Total War, Red Orchestra, Battlefield 2142, PUBG, I love all of these games.

Unbiased master race.

I miss Halo so much.

• Upvote (+1) 5