CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You don't know Halo? He's an old friend, lost to the ages over five years ago. Sometimes I think about him, cry, buck up, and continue on.

I still use his fourth son as a shitty Frisbee sometimes

Unfortunately games have been ruined by the new consumers of video game culture, which values artificially increased game play speed and instant gratification. Sad days these have become in all genres.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Unfortunately games have been ruined by the new consumers of video game culture, which values artificially increased game play speed and instant gratification. Sad days these have become in all genres.

Nah there's plenty of amazing games out there, you guys just masochist and decide to stick with the garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah there's plenty of amazing games out there, you guys just masochist and decide to stick with the garbage.

Oh man, i haven't played Halo in a long time. H5 was the first halo game i played since the first 2 weeks of reach, and i played it for a solid 6 months, and then sparingly for a few months, and then not at all. I enjoy PUBG and WoW a lot, but most game franchises are garbage now, PC absolutely dominates the market, consoles are just laughable at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The teamshot meta is fucking real. Abilities and Supers occur so infrequently they might as well not be there. Players with power weapons simply can't even be contested due to slow killing primaries.

I haven't really got a good feel for it yet, some games are fun some are awful. 

Did not play but watched some of the PC beta PvP and the Hand Cannon shots on the chest and head with mouse and keyboard looked sick - they just needed to clear some of the bull shit out. Now that I'm playing it on console, just don't really have a feel for it.

Well, with how cheap its getting to build a decent rig $500~800, which is the in the ball park with a console in the early days, I cant see console surviving another 5-10 years. The graphical limitations, frame rate, response rates,  particle density, and anti-alias being SO much better on PC, coupled with 144hz and 240hz monitors for the PC, its just an all around better system. The only thing i would miss from console is everyone using a controller, since im not the biggest fan of keyboard and mouse for shooters, but they are far superior. 

Consoles will never die.  They'll just become $400 living room PC's sold as game consoles, but that actual market will never die.

You are underestimating the "easy factor".  Consoles are dumb.  Plug it in and it works.  Technology is getting more and more ubiquitous but that is being driven a lot by mobile, which is another "dumbed down" platform.  You need to think of PCs and technology in general like they are cars.  They are essentially commodity items at this point.  Everybody has one, but very very few people can do the simplest bit of maintenance on them.  However minimal, PC's still require a bit of maintenance and knowledge that Consoles just dont.

Plus there is the "living room" factor.  And yes yes i know HTPC's and small form factor PCs are a thing, but the main reason you play on PC is for the superior graphics and input methods.  If you are going to be sitting 10 feet away in your living room detail becomes less of a factor and you are probably using a controller anyway so the better choice for ease of use is still a console.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I haven't really got a good feel for it yet, some games are fun some are awful. 

Did not play but watched some of the PC beta PvP and the Hand Cannon shots on the chest and head with mouse and keyboard looked sick - they just needed to clear some of the bull shit out. Now that I'm playing it on console, just don't really have a feel for it.

In my limited experience, Auto rifles seem to be the better choice on console and hand cannons are better on PC.  How forgiving are the bitboxes compared to Destiny 1?

In my limited experience, Auto rifles seem to be the better choice on console and hand cannons are better on PC. How forgiving are the bitboxes compared to Destiny 1?

Tighter. Literally everything revolves around the aim assist of the weapon, it's just rock paper scissors based on what weapon you chose.

Competitive matches are ******** standoffs until some douche bag runs in with a rocket launcher and kills everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As easy as it is to build a computer yourself a lot of people are still incredibly intimidated by doing so

I think consoles will always be a thing, albeit maybe in a different form

Also the weapon tuning goes live today, be sure to check it out

• Upvote (+1) 2

As easy as it is to build a computer yourself a lot of people are still incredibly intimidated by doing so

Thing is though, a ton of companies are offering pre-builts, and not just sketchy companies like cyber power, but actual brands such as ASUS ROG and Alien Ware. We seem to be seeing a resurgence of major brand made powerful desktops at not a price thats not completely ridiculous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thing is though, a ton of companies are offering pre-builts, and not just sketchy companies like cyber power, but actual brands such as ASUS ROG and Alien Ware. We seem to be seeing a resurgence of major brand made powerful desktops at not a price thats not completely ridiculous. 

Really doesn't matter.  its not like the console/PC crowd wont shift percentages some, but the market for consoles is always going to be huge.  More huge or less huge it'll still be huge lol.

In my argument i wasn't even considering building your own.  Brebuilt still requires OS navigation, driver updates, hoping that the game you are playing supports a controller properly (if you're playing in the living room, you're using a controller) etc.

Edit:  Hell i play on a monitor on my console in the living room whenever i can.  I play in there vs on PC because at least im in the same room as my wife and we can converse between matches and shit, instead of disappearing every night.

• Upvote (+1) 4

when it comes to the just buy a good pc argument,  i already paid for my console. i dont want to increase my investment in terms of time and money to build a pc, buy a good monitor, mouse, keyboard, screen, and desk to put it on. im lazy and im broke. i would love to go to pc and maybe i will in a few years when my xbox craps out, but for the time being, there is so little incentive for me to scrap it and build a pc to play a couple game that run a little better than they do on my xbox. plus im not that good with kb+m. ive always enjoyed controllers more

• Upvote (+1) 3

when it comes to the just buy a good pc argument,  i already paid for my console. i dont want to increase my investment in terms of time and money to build a pc, buy a good monitor, mouse, keyboard, screen, and desk to put it on. im lazy and im broke. i would love to go to pc and maybe i will in a few years when my xbox craps out, but for the time being, there is so little incentive for me to scrap it and build a pc to play a couple game that run a little better than they do on my xbox. plus im not that good with kb+m. ive always enjoyed controllers more

In my experience, the PC/Console divide is usually on three axes:

1) Geographical distribution.  North and Latin America have a much higher % of console:PC than any other regions in the world.  In Asia, the ratio is extremely low because PC Bangs exist, so people usually do their gaming in a social setting, on a PC, in a cafe somewhere.

2) Age.  Younger people will usually prefer console.

3) Household income.  The exception to #2 is in richer homes, where the kids have the ability to play PC sooner.

In most cases I've seen in my life... people who have access to PC gaming prefer it over console gaming, and those who started on console and got a taste of PC usually stuck with PC unless they have good reason to stay on console ($$$$ or broke friends).

• Upvote (+1) 3

What is halo?

I don't know what he is, but I can tell you that I think halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.

Playing on a mouse and keyboard will, for the foreseeable future, be seen as way "nerdier" than playing with a controller, which is completely normalized in society. This is a really significant thing that is overlooked. Consoles aren't going anywhere, lol.

1426363395.9447.jpeg

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

In my experience, the PC/Console divide is usually on three axes:

1) Geographical distribution. North and Latin America have a much higher % of console:PC than any other regions in the world. In Asia, the ratio is extremely low because PC Bangs exist, so people usually do their gaming in a social setting, on a PC, in a cafe somewhere.

2) Age. Younger people will usually prefer console.

3) Household income. The exception to #2 is in richer homes, where the kids have the ability to play PC sooner.

In most cases I've seen in my life... people who have access to PC gaming prefer it over console gaming, and those who started on console and got a taste of PC usually stuck with PC unless they have good reason to stay on console ($$$$ or broke friends).

Not saying you are wrong, but for me, consoles were special because of exclusive games and the plug and play system. Amusing games you could play without any of those usual pc problems. Like compare gaming on Win 95/DOS PC and Psx. Dude. Psx was like traveling to another galaxy where everything was awesome.

But a lot of things changed since then yeah.

I just don't like gaming on keyboard and mouse, maybe I'm weird with that but I've been gaming since the original NES so that may be why. With that said, RollerCoaster Tycoon is the shit.

You should check out Rock of Ages 2.

I just don't like gaming on keyboard and mouse, maybe I'm weird with that but I've been gaming since the original NES so that may be why. With that said, RollerCoaster Tycoon is the shit.

Dont forget Zoo Tycoon

You can definitely feel the burst in the br now. Also the close range magnetism feels like a magnum now

Really wish they would go into more detail in regards to exact changes made to the weapons

this is still part of testing, according to the last article @@ske7ch wrote.

But you should know that we're now officially underway following the patch that was released on Tuesday, Sept. 5. This update included new versions of the weapons that will be avaialble for public testing beginning on Monday, Sept. 11.

they won't release patch notes until after the changes are finalized

• Upvote (+1) 1