CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How ESL schedules:

Day 1 of matches ...........7 week break.............Day 2 of matches................we finally send humans to Mars.............Day 3 of matches...........3 weeks of roster changes

thats not fair. they're nice guys and they work hard. they'll get it right eventually. i mean at least we have halo /s

• Upvote (+1) 3

Problem being Quinn does not run the event, and from how he was speaking, he has no influences on the HCS. He seems to probably be focused on the next Halo.

Like you guys are saying, no idea who's running it but they make some good choices. Dreamhack for the next 2 finals is pure genius and I hope Halo keeps a good home there after Atl and Denver. That for example was a smart idea. But the issues of the game screwed with the experience. Like I get it, but once again, that's back tracking to the xbox one being a glitch fest. It really is.

I don't know why I even have to type this out. Obviously Quinn is not running the event, ESL does that the last time I checked. None the less, Quinn is a head of Halo and thus it is his event. You saying he seems like he really cares about Halo still doesn't mean shit because obviously he's going to come across to you and others at his Halo event that he cares about Halo.

What did you think was going to happen? He was going to bend over and whisper in your ear that the guys (haterz) on TB are actually right?

Pros/Community should make a big push on 343/ESL to take out all that dead space and have twice the amount of matches. 1 match vs. each opponent is straight bullshit, plus I need my weekly Halo fix. Are they trying to kill any viewing momentum?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pros/Community should make a big push on 343/ESL to take out all that dead space and have twice the amount of matches. 1 match vs. each opponent is straight bullshit, plus I need my weekly Halo fix. Are they trying to kill any viewing momentum?

That sounds expen.... ok I'm done with the memes

It's too late to change anything pro related now

We just gotta hang tight until the end of October

Pros/Community should make a big push on 343/ESL to take out all that dead space and have twice the amount of matches. 1 match vs. each opponent is straight bullshit, plus I need my weekly Halo fix. Are they trying to kill any viewing momentum?

YES

ESL saw they were going out and decided to give us the worst pro league schedule possible. Is it October 23rd yet?

Btw, is there any certainty that this is ESL last season or just hearsay? I honestly just can't see anything past this season until Halo 6 if ESL isn't involved. Basically picking your poison at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Btw, is there any certainty that this is ESL last season or just hearsay? I honestly just can't see anything past this season until Halo 6 if ESL isn't involved. Basically picking your poison at this point.

It's a really big rumor. 343 has three options: do it themselves, another year of ESL or finally start working with MLG

we will always be here with @HCS Audio Guy

It's a really big rumor. 343 has three options: do it themselves, another year of ESL or finally start working with MLG

Or option four: sign an exclusive deal with millennial esports :kappa:

Or option four: sign an exclusive deal with millennial esports :kappa:

Well ME does have a bunch of money to spend, but no! 

Don't forget the Gfinity event in EU. 

If not MLG, I would really like to see Twitch given the opportunity to run HCS.

For those that don't know, thats who runs RLCS.

But MLG please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Serious multitasking ability right here. You have to listen to producer, cocaster and think of the plays that need to be highlighted all while switching too. Just attempting it requires major cojones.

I don't get why we don't have dedicated observers. Halo is a game that really needs that. Most other (if not all?) esports have it.

Edit: On the topic of production issues, I feel like the problem with ESL seems to only be in NA. I can't recall that ESL UK in Leicester has had that many problems?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But MLG please.

i believe gfinity operates in north america (they at least do online and did the mexico city hwc qualifier). they've proven themselves if  343 wont hire mlg

Edit: On the topic of production issues, I feel like the problem with ESL seems to only be in NA. I can't recall that ESL UK in Leicester has had that many problems?

Yeah dedicated switchers would be cool. Makes it 100x easier to color.

Other than the internet outage and someone rolling over the ethernet cord with a heavy cart - what happened this weekend? I was primarily focused on storylines and statistics I wanted to present.

ESL saw they were going out and decided to give us the worst pro league schedule possible. Is it October 23rd yet?

the schedule is pretty much the same as last season (without a pre season LAN).

Last season:

Month break between Worlds and Daytona (2 weeks from Daytona to start of pro league)

Month break between end of pro league and Atlanta

This season:

Month break from Atlanta to start of pro league

3 week break from end of pro league to Denver

They're not making the schedule any worse than summer season, they're keeping it the same despite most people saying there was too much of a break. Obviously having a pre season LAN for the summer season was better but they've kept the same time frame but just removed the other LAN. Still could've planned it better to have a pre season LAN though.

But MLG please.

Not with Mixer being their baby

• Upvote (+1) 1