CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ZCkeEOK.png

see yall in 2 weeks or whatever

oh yeah hcs london is this weekend (but ill be busy on sunday)

I didn't realize Arkanum was still playing

I dunno dude, consumers these says seem to like taking it in the ass

Well "The Emoji Film" was not only made, but made a profit. I have zero faith in the average intelligence of consumers. Just allows people abuse their false needs for profits I guess.

Its actually scary how many people are going to be playing this if console keeps its player base as soon as this hits PC. They're going to get a ton of crossover from WoW because not only are the games extremely similar in terms of reward structures/activities but you can also buy the game from Blizzard with WoW gold

Also wow burnout. Anyone know how legions done? And how is it compared to wod?

I agree completely. I want to have one image that you can toggle different types (kills, death, spread, etc.) and apply other filters. I'm not a web programmer, so I need to rely on my friends to develop something better. What you're describing is what haloheatmaps.com has. That site hasn't been updated in ages as far as I can tell, but they do have the dropdown menu you're talking about with options to filter by weapons. They even have sightlines, which is something I'm trying to add, but with some modifications to make them more useful.

For now, our temporary solution is at the bottom of the page, there's a "scrollable gallery," where you can click on the images to expand and flip between the different maps. It's not perfect, but that's the best way to look at 2 heatmaps in quick succession.

As far as LAN events, we don't get access to API-level data. If we do get any data, it's just a spreadsheet of post game stats. For heatmaps, you need the Match Events API data file that tells you details about each death in a match. Tashi has mentioned that it might be possible for the API to be available for LAN events for H6. 

Thanks for the feedback, though! Really appreciate it. Honestly, it can get really rough working on something like this in your free time, especially since I do kind of similar stuff at work. Who wants to do something for 9 hours a day to make a living and then go home and keep doing it for no money? But now that we have a public site it gives me more motivation, knowing that people out there would actually be interested and get something out of our work.

Yeah, I have great memories of using the old Halo 2 and 3 heatmap systems on b.net, which were really similar -- weapon filters, sightlines, kills/deaths, basically whatever you wanted ... but what a complex mess. Props to you for taking this on and working on it. Hopefully down the line there will be a way for the community to give back to you a bit. Projects like this are what ensure we continue to have a community. 

Makes sense about the LANs, that's more or less what I figured. Would be awesome to see that change for the next title. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, I have great memories of using the old Halo 2 and 3 heatmap systems on b.net, which were really similar -- weapon filters, sightlines, kills/deaths, basically whatever you wanted ... but what a complex mess. Props to you for taking this on and working on it. Hopefully down the line there will be a way for the community to give back to you a bit. Projects like this are what ensure we continue to have a community. 

Makes sense about the LANs, that's more or less what I figured. Would be awesome to see that change for the next title. 

I used Heatmaps in H3 a lot for BTB.  Best feature Bungie's stat tracking ever gave us, and the one I'm most annoyed that hasn't been given back to us since 343 took over.  Major props to the sites that try to give SOMETHING from it (haloheatmaps is pretty good, but inability to look at heatmaps for a single player knee-caps the site's usefulness.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its actually scary how many people are going to be playing this if console keeps its player base as soon as this hits PC. They're going to get a ton of crossover from WoW because not only are the games extremely similar in terms of reward structures/activities but you can also buy the game from Blizzard with WoW gold

As a long time WoW player, I have to disagree. There is going to be a crossover for sure but not because of similarities. There really aren't many similarities between them and honestly, the small similarities they do have WoW flat out does better. People are gonna buy the game because they like what they see. But I do think the game will get a ton of Blizzard fans into it and I think there will be a ton of people playing it, especially after WoW Legion dies down which will be soon in the period between the next expansion.

As a long time WoW player, I have to disagree. There is going to be a crossover for sure but not because of similarities. There really aren't many similarities between them and honestly, the small similarities they do have WoW flat out does better. People are gonna buy the game because they like what they see. But I do think the game will get a ton of Blizzard fans into it and I think there will be a ton of people playing it, especially after WoW Legion dies down which will be soon in the period between the next expansion.

Yes because exotics, public events, strikes, nightfall, and raids are nothing like the new Legendaries, world quests, dungeons, mythic +, and raiding aren't the exact same ideas implemented into two different genres. I've been playing WoW for the last 8 years straight and D2 and Legion are using the same ideas. The biggest difference is probably the loot pacing where right now it'll take you 1-2 weeks to see your next legendary after the first 2 on WoW where Exotics are every few hours. So the pacing is more similar to launch D3 in that respect

He went -57?

Nah, it supposed to say he is not playing with his brother Buk57 this time

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't gotten the game, so please elaborate.

The teamshot meta is fucking real. Abilities and Supers occur so infrequently they might as well not be there. Players with power weapons simply can't even be contested due to slow killing primaries.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Destiny 2 pvp is actually awful in every way.

I think it's impossible to make a decent PvP out of Destiny's formula. It's inherently broken.

well how about someone just land a spring jump instead of getting into a tizzy

If by Tizzy, you mean murderous rampage, then yes.

(I've been playing too much D2) 

Nah, it supposed to say he is not playing with his brother Buk57 this time

Awh that makes more sense 

Also wow burnout. Anyone know how legions done? And how is it compared to wod?

Legion is way better than WoD, and has a much better player base retention. Game drops major patches every 77 days, either completely new areas or raids, and its been extremely consistent.

What is halo?

You don't know Halo? He's an old friend, lost to the ages over five years ago. Sometimes I think about him, cry, buck up, and continue on.

I still use his fourth son as a shitty Frisbee sometimes

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they gave a genuine shit they would update their PC and wait for the PC release.

Well, with how cheap its getting to build a decent rig $500~800, which is the in the ball park with a console in the early days, I cant see console surviving another 5-10 years. The graphical limitations, frame rate, response rates,  particle density, and anti-alias being SO much better on PC, coupled with 144hz and 240hz monitors for the PC, its just an all around better system. The only thing i would miss from console is everyone using a controller, since im not the biggest fan of keyboard and mouse for shooters, but they are far superior.