CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love this and both of you guys. Thanks for your hard work.

I know you're in draft mode right now but I would prefer to see one map with a dropdown menu or other means of swapping the data overlay rather than scrolling through a lot of premade maps. Currently it's difficult for me to compare one map to another side by side without screenshotting or getting a larger monitor, and a lot of the interest from the maps comes from comparing them to one another! 

Very excited for gametype and skill level filters. Is it feasible to do a LAN filter? I know they can be a little dodgy about reporting stats and I'm not sure if you have access to raw data from events or not.

I agree completely. I want to have one image that you can toggle different types (kills, death, spread, etc.) and apply other filters. I'm not a web programmer, so I need to rely on my friends to develop something better. What you're describing is what haloheatmaps.com has. That site hasn't been updated in ages as far as I can tell, but they do have the dropdown menu you're talking about with options to filter by weapons. They even have sightlines, which is something I'm trying to add, but with some modifications to make them more useful.

For now, our temporary solution is at the bottom of the page, there's a "scrollable gallery," where you can click on the images to expand and flip between the different maps. It's not perfect, but that's the best way to look at 2 heatmaps in quick succession.

As far as LAN events, we don't get access to API-level data. If we do get any data, it's just a spreadsheet of post game stats. For heatmaps, you need the Match Events API data file that tells you details about each death in a match. Tashi has mentioned that it might be possible for the API to be available for LAN events for H6. 

Thanks for the feedback, though! Really appreciate it. Honestly, it can get really rough working on something like this in your free time, especially since I do kind of similar stuff at work. Who wants to do something for 9 hours a day to make a living and then go home and keep doing it for no money? But now that we have a public site it gives me more motivation, knowing that people out there would actually be interested and get something out of our work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully gfinity will give is some info as to what to expect for next season. I need some sort of info about the future before i go insane

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this is a DLC what was the first game?

an empty shell that required like three DLC packs to become almost a complete game?  Destiny 2 is the final build of Destiny 1

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip

I think we all feel this way for the most part. It feels bad to come onto a mostly Halo forum just to talk about almost anything that isn't Halo. I'd love for something good to happen to the Halo franchise but they just won't give us anything

an empty shell that required like three DLC packs to become almost a complete game?

Sounds like this other game I used to play :thinking: guess the name

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like this other game I used to play :thinking: guess the name

H5 at launch was actually even more disappointing than Destiny 1 at launch lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Too bad Destiny 2 is only 30FPS on console and I don't have a pc strong enough to play it.

They really fucked a giant portion of their consumer base by making console 30FPS.

1.2m concurrent players.

"Fucked a giant portion of their consumer base"

Yeah...that's not what happened.

• Upvote (+1) 5

1.2m concurrent players.

Concurrent players has nothing to do with gwtting fucked.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Concurrent players has nothing to do with gwtting fucked.

If they gave a genuine shit they would update their PC and wait for the PC release.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

pUz808a.png

here's the results for the final EU cup before london

thanks for tuning in and hanging out in chat

NA STREAM GOES LIVE IN 1 HOUR

Do you know of anywhere to find the seeding points final standings after the last cup now have been played?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you know of anywhere to find the seeding points final standings after the last cup now have been played?

unfortunately not yet

If they gave a genuine shit they would update their PC and wait for the PC release.

Its actually scary how many people are going to be playing this if console keeps its player base as soon as this hits PC. They're going to get a ton of crossover from WoW because not only are the games extremely similar in terms of reward structures/activities but you can also buy the game from Blizzard with WoW gold

If this is a DLC what was the first game?

I like to pretend that Destiny 1 is a set of Destiny 2 adventures.

the main thing I'm learning from this stream is that Articc is really good (not just stats, though also that)

• Upvote (+1) 1

1.2m concurrent players.

I dunno dude, consumers these days seem to like taking it in the ass
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1