CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is Destiny 2 worth getting then. I gave up with the last one, hated the game due to the dlc model. Found the online pvp to be bullshit and no far, the missions to be repetitive and boring.

same, I have no idea what people are so excited about ... boring lore, PvE which just involves firing repeatedly at bullet sponges ... PvP is okay.  i guess skinner boxes will be skinner boxes (the RNG grind).  music, graphics, and gunplay are solid, but the gameplay itself is just as weak as Destiny 1.  

but then again, i like H5, and apparently 1.2 million people disagree with me about Destiny 2, so probably i have brain damage or something

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

but then again, i like H5, and apparently 1.2 million people disagree with me about Destiny 2, so probably i have brain damage or something

Millions of people disagree with me saying OW lacks depth on a lot of levels, that or they just don't care cause they are all filthy Hanzo mains. :kappa:

Too bad Destiny 2 is only 30FPS on console and I don't have a pc strong enough to play it.

They really fucked a giant portion of their consumer base by making console 30FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Too bad Destiny 2 is only 30FPS on console and I don't have a pc strong enough to play it.

They really fucked a giant portion of their consumer base by making console 30FPS.

Should have made it 24 fps. Could have fit more DLC into every frame.

• Upvote (+1) 8

People keep forgetting one thing about Destiny(that no other game does) :

It's fun to hop in with your buddies and shoot stuff around.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most of that giant portion will buy it again for PC and for those who dont its not really fucking them as they havent lost anything, its what they are used to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most of that giant portion will buy it again for PC and for those who dont its not really fucking them as they havent lost anything, its what they are used to.

So you're saying it's ok that Bungie fucked over console users?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

same, I have no idea what people are so excited about ... boring lore, PvE which just involves firing repeatedly at bullet sponges ... PvP is okay.  i guess skinner boxes will be skinner boxes (the RNG grind).  music, graphics, and gunplay are solid, but the gameplay itself is just as weak as Destiny 1.  

People keep forgetting one thing about Destiny(that no other game does) :

It's fun to hop in with your buddies and shoot stuff around.

Exactly, never bought or played Destiny 1 because of reasons listed above. However, I do have friends who don't play FPS's competitively that were waiting on Destiny 2 at midnight - friends, people from work, their friends. I can prop my feat up and shoot shit and talk shit with people I normally cannot play video games with on Destiny. I tried to get all these people to play H5 but they were all intimidated basically, even though plenty of them had played H3 socially, H5 had nothing for them after a few months of warzone and none existent BTB.

As far as 30fps - honestly it was glaring on release day and I almost had to quit playing. My eyes are use to get now though after grinding a few days. I honestly hate games like Destiny, but I'll say that it is content deep and has a good way of keeping you and your friends involved. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't say it is so much Bungie's fault as it is Sony and Microsoft making "next gen" consoles that are not next gen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Talk to the guys who make the consoles first.

Destiny 2 has done exactly what a sequel to a successful game should do.

Improved the areas it failed last time with campaign, launch content and quality of life improvements while preserving the core gameplay loop that players love.

The "it's the same thing" argument is nonsense. When studios listen to that complaint you end up with games trying to be derivative of other games instead of former versions of themselves. We get fed these abominations in the name of "change" and "innovation".

Please stop.

Sounds like you're not on Team Halo 6: Heroes. B&

Destiny 2 has done exactly what a sequel to a successful game should do.

Improved the areas it failed last time with campaign, launch content and quality of life improvements while preserving the core gameplay loop that players love.

The "it's the same thing" argument is nonsense. When studios listen to that complaint you end up with games trying to be derivative of other games instead of former versions of themselves. We get fed these abominations in the name of "change" and "innovation".

Please stop.

Yep, I'm sure most would have loved Halo 1, 2 or 3 multiplayer carried on if possible.

I swear some people are so die or ride Halo that they don't think that hey maybe others enjoy other games too! Not all btw, but it's a dumb mentality to have as gamers. Who cares what people like to play. I've only played a little of Destiny 2 (been finishing up Uncharted TLL) and it had a great intro. Can't wait to dive in more later this month.

Plug Time: For those that like Destiny 2, make sure to check out our homepage. @@Infinity and the rest of our writers have been killing it so far with articles.

I wouldn't say it is so much Bungie's fault as it is Sony and Microsoft making "next gen" consoles that are not next gen.

Choosing to prioritize graphics over performance is on the developer, not the shitty consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Choosing to prioritize graphics over performance is on the developer, not the shitty consoles.

but most gamers care about graphics over performance.

57199_3_gamers-care-graphics-shooters-re

source

• Upvote (+1) 6

source

AAA developers base a majority of their decisions on the shallow expectations of the average consumers who don't even finish the majority of the games they buy. This isn't news. So, what's your point? It's not the developer's fault? It's gamers throwing their money at eye-searing slide shows with shallow gameplay, manipulative, monetized reward systems, and P2P networking? I mean, you're not wrong.

​I have no love for 343, but at the very least they had the integrity to make some specific decisions to improve the quality of the experience (i.e. 60fps and dedicated servers). Should developers only invest development time in features that will make them money either directly or by wowing the lowest common denominator of their audience just long enough to get them to drop 60 bucks?

​And my point still stands that the console hardware is not at fault for the resource prioritization at play here. Bungie certainly could have targeted 60fps. They chose shinier assets and more post-processing effects over a smoother gameplay experience.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not a pc elitist but this is still an unfortunate statement to me. I think it'll be different once more games start hitting 60fps. Honestly the one x is what the original next gen console should have been.

Console users havent been fucked over? The games too poweful for the PS4 and had to be locked to 30 FPS. If you want more you need to buy a PC that can handle the game and has the power for the frame rates.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Holy FUCK is this argument about to happen again?

Plz no....

• Upvote (+1) 2

source

And this info is important for people to understand that there are 2 types of companies. Companies like M$ that will milk a franchise to sell copies and consoles vs companies that care more about the gameplay and sustaining the playerbase(not to say every franchise has suffered because of it or it's the case for every one). Not a fair comparison really but the concurrent player base for games such as the Counterstrike franchise despite not having elaborate graphics. It has a cheaper buy in but PUBG just past 10million copies sold(and has been having over 1mil concurrent players) despite being in alpha still. 

When you have a console that is un-upgradable, locked down by Sony and M$, you are handicapped by their capabilities. It isn't the game devs fault for the limitations of the console. If they build Destiny 2 out to be the best game it could be, and had to limit it to 30FPS on console because the console wasn't stable at a higher rate, build a better box. 

Edit: It would be so nice to have an Xbox OS. Too bad these companies make too much money from consoles and accessories for them to ever give it out  :mj:.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Console users havent been fucked over? The games too poweful for the PS4 and had to be locked to 30 FPS. If you want more you need to buy a PC that can handle the game and has the power for the frame rates.

This. Also digitalfoundry did an article about what it takes to run Destiny 2 at 1080p 60fps on PC and it really doesn't cost a ton(440$).The game is optimized extremely well for PC. I'll link the reddit post which has the video by DF and then a PC parts picker in the comments which shows the price of the components they used in the video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6xhgwm/digital_foundry_destiny_2_pc_what_does_it_take_to/

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not impossible for the PS4/Xbox One to run 60FPS games. They already do. The game can be altered to be less taxing for console use. Bungie chose to force 30FPS instead, taking console users back 2011 if they want to play Destiny 2. Yes, they fucked over their console users.

Honestly, unless you built the engine and understand the ends and outs of what the worlds would look like at 60 fps, I would say you can have your opinion but just not a strong one. It's not like they're just holding back on the frames just to fuck with you. 

Sure, I think they could have done it to, but they're running a business, hitting deadlines, and they selling their game and making money - murica  

Game developers don't make games to fuck over people, or for fun, or so that the consumer gets the best possible experience - people make games to make money and so far Bungie is hitting the mark.

In other news: Tapping Buttons is on that Destiny grind with Ogre2. Ran with him last night with a buddy that knows him. Let the outrage over lack of practice begin. 

• Upvote (+1) 1