CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Saw some people asking about how ELEAGUE was going to present eye tracking. This gives a little glimpse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good for Ghost.  He has a mind for competitive gaming and he'll shine at any company that he ends up at.

I've spoken to him multiple times at events.  Stand up guy.  Best of luck to him.

• Upvote (+1) 8

BR starts in H5 is awful.

I remember when people thought it would be a good idea
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Much like there isn't a future with halo as a player, there probably isn't one with the company either. Good luck ghost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eric is a die or ride kinda guy, you have to question the future of Halo with his departure.

I know the HCS situation in general is bleak, but this statement in particular is a really unfair assumption to make. Any number of reasons could have caused him to leave 343. It's far more likely that he was offered a higher and better paid position, as is usually the case when someone takes another job.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I know the HCS situation in general is bleak, but this statement in particular is a really unfair assumption to make. Any number of reasons could have caused him to leave 343. It's far more likely that he was offered a higher and better paid position, as is usually the case when someone takes another job.

In this day and age of frequent job-hopping for increased pay and benefits, the fact that Ghost stayed at 343 for as long as he did should really speak to the high quality of their work environment and treatment of employees.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Possibly Walshy's company?  :thinking:

Wait...Walshy has a company!? Like a gaming company?(That doesn't just sell edgy gaming T-shirts? )

0.jpg

Sign me up ill quit my day job tomorrow. If they use UE4 engine im already fairly experienced having created/tested a few competitive maps in previous games and I was messing around in UT4 creating maps but the game kind of lost steam and real life got in the way.Not sure how Ghost would feel about me wearing my signed 07' FB t-shirt though everyday.  :thinking: Anyone got the intel on what kind of game they're planning to make?(Let me guess...its starts with an F and ends with an S?)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Somebody beat me to it

Next up Strongside, him and Walshy are like best friends its inevitable now! Then the GOAT! Didn't Clockwork(Ogre 2/Walshy's friend and former CE  pro) get rich off some app he developed too? Bring him in too. The passion, personalities, and FPS IQ in that room would be OP! Then sign on summ1gt as the exclusive streamer to promote the new game(pay him in FB memorabilia and CS:GO gun skins) thats 20k Twitch viewers right there! Just need some skilled programmers and experienced industry vets to guide the project. That would be such a great story if they went on to create a successful competitive FPS together, let alone if it actually turned out better than the next Halo MP wise(in the eyes of this community anyways). :laughing:  PC release is a must guys! F2P PC/Xbox would be optimal to appeal to the competitive FPS crowd and cover all your bases and make it open source and fully modifiable! Team Domination 2.0 right there!

P.S. Use UE4 plz!  ;)

Why is no one assuming he'll be joining Gandhi at HiRez? Lol

Pssshhh...Does this look like a man who plays SMITE to you? How would the backwards NY Yankees hat grant him the headshots its life-force lives off of permanently affixed to his head?   :glasses: (jk Smite is cool too Gandhi has impressed me with his dedication and knowledge of the game)

ghostayame-profile_image-96d4b9bdf1538ce

big day today

EU open cup #3 @ 11AM EST / 3PM GMT

NA open cup #1 @ 12PM EST / 4PM GMT

the legendary cup starts at the same time on Sunday but a stream is scheduled for 6PM EST

^$3K prize pool with a top 6 payout^

• Upvote (+1) 5

Neg me and call me crazy, but after multiple hours of the new Team Arena playlist (yes I know the weapons haven't been updated yet) I want to say that I've been having an absolute blast with BR/Gunfighter starts. I get it, they aren't as skillful as Magnums as is (they might be after the update, who knows), but I've just been having a ton of fun. It's so refreshing.

And while some people have said that individual plays are harder, I'm going to have to disagree. While teamshooting is more dominant, if you're a sneaky player and get the jump on two players you can do so much damage, especially since you don't have to reload if you miss 2 shots...

Oh and if you didn't already think I'm batshit crazy, I've had the most fun in this playlist playing the new Torque CTF. It feels like that map was just made for BR starts.

Very much looking forward to the 11th to get my hands on the updated weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1