CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Good question. I'd like to look at retuning the Sniper Rifle a bit but for this go around there were just a bunch of bigger fish to fry.

Another quick question. The storm rifle wasn't in the tuning but it's still on maps like Rig and Plaza for e.g. 

Is it getting tuned or being treated as a Tier 2? 

LOL no pro league until September 20th?

Seriously, whoever was behind the structure of this seasons' pro league needs to not be in charge of anything ever again.

I'd be very surprised if Pro League continues after this season.

This feels like a wind down and if it's not and Pro League continues with this amount of enthusiasm and effort then lord help us all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What non hcs gametypes are there in arena

No idea on the full list but I played Torque Flag and Stasis Strongholds in it today.

No idea on the full list but I played Torque Flag and Stasis Strongholds in it today.

I played Regret CTF today.. what a mess

(edit: I need to learn to give constructive feedback, rather than just dismiss things out of hand... The only time people seem to go upstairs is to grab power weapons; this makes downstairs crowed and cluttered - lob a grenade anywhere from top to bottom and you'll hit someone; also, because everyone is forced downstairs, it makes the sword even more overpowered than usual)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are the flags still at the bottom of the bases?

They are, yeah... ( I should've clarified that in my edit - that's what forces all the action downstairs)

Been playing Destiny 2 (Never played Destiny 1) and it's cool and all but this 30fps thing, like holy shit I'm thinking about just waiting till the game comes to PC - and just wanted to throw out some positive vibes 343's way for once. Thank God they made H5 60fps. Played a little of the new Arena last night and it felt so smooth and awesome after grinding Destiny the night before.

They are, yeah... ( I should've clarified that in my edit - that's what forces all the action downstairs)

Ok, so they are clinging to the inverted Truth idea.

Unless they close of the bottom mid path (which would result in some shitty sightlines) i dont see how it regret could even approach being an interesting flag map.

Ok, so they are clinging to the inverted Truth idea.

Unless they close of the bottom mid path (which would result in some shitty sightlines) i dont see how it regret could even approach being an interesting flag map.

Regret is a slayer map.  Maybe oddball, maybe KotH, but i guess we'll never know....

So i played a few games with BR/Mag starts.  The gunfighter mag destroys up close as long as you hit.  But its AA is fairly low.  I'm not sure how they are going to make it fit the "destroy up close but not far away" niche more than it already does tbh.

And my GOD are (current) BR starts awful.  Holy shit, 1v2ing was tough with the magnum, but you could still pull it off sometimes if you were significantly better.  Its impossible with the BR.  The thing just doesn't miss and even when they miss a little bit, they are still getting partial credit.

I also want to see how many "perfects per game" occur with BR starts compared to magnum starts.  I bet its 4 to 5 times as many, judging from my person n=1 experience.

I knew BRs were not good, but I didn't realize just how inferior they are (conceptually, not strength-wise) compared to the default magnum.

I've never appreciated pistol starts more than I do right now. You can't strafe vs a BR in this game. Well, you can, but they'll still hit every shot.

yeah, this is why BTB is often unplayable for me ... in a 1v1, against anyone even remotely decent, it's just about who has the first shot (which is fine, i guess), but then if you're playing solo against a To6 or To8, teamshot melts you instantly

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd be very surprised if Pro League continues after this season.

This feels like a wind down and if it's not and Pro League continues with this amount of enthusiasm and effort then lord help us all.

Pro League cant continue if its going to be like how it is now. I feel no hype or interest to watch. Tashi says hes excited for the future but it's hard to  hear those things when just about everyone is unsatisfied with how things are and with no future plans announced. Feels like were being phased out but then hear things like that they are excited for whats to come...its confusing as a fan. 

Hasn't felt like anything is going on..and its sad. I am sure DreamHack Denver will be really awesome but we need info regarding the future very soon..

• Upvote (+1) 9

Your bagging technique needs work.

I will admit, it was an aggressive, primal bag. But I felt it was on par with the level of the outplay.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Off topic but, I attended the 2v2 Microsoft tournament last week and put together an edit. Let me know what you guys think as this was a tough one for me to edit in post. I have limited clips to work with,  I am not able to get any of the gameplay footage, and i am on vacation working on the edit using movie maker instead of premiere =/

Overall though, it was a great experience meeting the locals, playing on closed servers, and bullshiting about halo with others haha. My only complaint was the monitors sucked ass and we never did play the grand finals as the the mall closed at 6:30 and losers finals did not end till 6:40.... The store is super cool though and is letting us bring our monitors for the 4v4.  

I spoke with the store manager and the hope is to share this type of content through the Microsoft social channels. He has the resources to pump it up the Microsoft chain to get the content in the right hands. 

Thanks for doing this. I forgot about the first one and ended up forgetting about this one. I'll prob go check out the 4v4 whenever that is but I was curious who actually from NJ attends these since our scene used to be amazing in h1-h3. Should have guessed King Nick would go and win but Scaryotic? Didn't know he was from around here.

HCS London is next weekend! Hope to see everyone tuning in to the show, especially to see who will be qualifying for dreamhack Denver!

:intensifies:

My interest for Halo is dying after 15 years but I will watch HCS London and I hope it can ignite some spark in me. Last time (Wembley) was great so I hope this time will be great as well. :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic but, I attended the 2v2 Microsoft tournament last week and put together an edit. Let me know what you guys think as this was a tough one for me to edit in post. I have limited clips to work with,  I am not able to get any of the gameplay footage, and i am on vacation working on the edit using movie maker instead of premiere =/

Overall though, it was a great experience meeting the locals, playing on closed servers, and bullshiting about halo with others haha. My only complaint was the monitors sucked ass and we never did play the grand finals as the the mall closed at 6:30 and losers finals did not end till 6:40.... The store is super cool though and is letting us bring our monitors for the 4v4.  

I spoke with the store manager and the hope is to share this type of content through the Microsoft social channels. He has the resources to pump it up the Microsoft chain to get the content in the right hands. 

Hold the fuck up... they have closed servers? Are you just talking about online customs or similar to dev box closed servers/"LAN"?