CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Mixer shits on twitch on xbox just saying. Twitch app has been broken for 3 years. Plus the super small latency is pretty wild for events. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Take peoples career history with a pinch of salt, i fixed printers for 12 years.

Yeah, definitely. Didn't mean for it to come off as if I was attacking her/saying she wasn't qualified for the job. I'm genuinely just curious about who is running the HCS. Do you know if she's given any statements/interviews on her role with the HCS?

Mixer shits on twitch on xbox just saying. Twitch app has been broken for 3 years. Plus the super small latency is pretty wild for events.

Next event ill probably watch on mixer on xbox. I cant stand how late the twitch app is compared to mobile. The chat reacts a good 3-5 secs before the play happens
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 week break in the middle of a 4 week season. Great to see they learnt from last season and made the mid season break longer

Would rather drag my balls through broken glass for 40 miles than watch another ESL produced "LAN" at this stage tbh

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its so much better when you personally just stop giving a shit. 

Its time to be honest. The casters may or may not care. ESL doesn't care. 343 doesn't care. This is just another notch on their belts. Another previous job for their resumes. After all, your resume doesn't show the incompetence and when your superiors are also doing their jobs poorly, they'll most likely give you a glowing recommendation.

So many of the people running these events claim to love Halo and the community but lack the self awareness to see that they're "contributions" have led both to their deathbeds.

They're working hard to ruin every event. Or at least it sure feels that way.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

It's easy to judge the efforts of others when you haven't tried lifting a finger. Tell me what you have done. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fall season schedule is a straight up joke the biggest issue by far is there is zero lan events and why is there a one moth fucking break when we could be having teams playing each other twice instead.

I seriously hope that ESL is on there way out after this event time to let more competent people take over the HCS.

The fall season schedule is a straight up joke the biggest issue by far is there is zero lan events and why is there a one moth fucking break when we could be having teams playing each other twice instead.

I seriously hope that ESL is on there way out after this event time to let more competent people take over the HCS.

I was just looking at that.. it certainly seems a little...light.. on matchups. It's almost as though the actual League Play is an afterthought intended to keep us quiet because - hey look! - there's a big LAN event in October.

Within that season timeframe, the teams should be able to play each other more than once, so I wonder if it's costs/logistics preventing more matches. Even so, why not reduce the breaks, have each team play each other twice, and alternate between "full production" studio mode and home-based caster mode?

aPdsTdD.png

I think we all know which choice will be made.  :mj:

Do you watch Orange Is The New Black? I just watched this described by the lead in the last episode. Ethics are fun. 

been literally waiting for this moses roast since mid june

As long as its better than your frank essay lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wtf are you talking about? We're seeing growth now. Slowly but surely. We haven't had an event as big as atl since 2016 worlds or Dallas 12. If we event count that since it was a new game. Hell, Facebook has 65k viewers on atl finals. 65k. I'm pretty sure halo 4 only could have dreamed of seeing these types of numbers.

You can shit on h5 all you want but you can't say our community isn't playing it. We are, and we're filling up venues, and we're breaking team caps.

Is it 250 teams like Halo 3? No. No shit.

Halo 3 WAS GAMING back then. That's simply not the case now.

In fact i talked to an h1z1 pro who wanted to talk halo after he bummed a smoke off me. He started in Halo apparently and will never go back bevause it's on console. A lot of people who were big Halo fans have other games to play now.

I mean if we want to be realistic the only way Halo will blow up again is with 2 choices.

#1. We go back to Halo 3 gameplay (cry all you want, that's what the "casual competitive" players want and out number the rest of us)

#2. Halo on pc.

And who knows. That could be wrong. Halo 6 could continue the H5 template and if 343 pulls it off with a smooth running game with solid lan function, we could grow massively.

But if you're just going to sit here and turn a blind eye to the fact we are growing, even with the imperfections, you're just being cynical for the sake of being so.

No one is saying our community isn't playing Halo 5. What we're saying is that an extraordinarily small number of people are playing it when you consider that it is Xbox's flagship exclusive game and a storied franchise with a very lucrative history and rich lore as well as a long history of a competitive scene. It's not that popular, period, the end. It's an exclusive game for Xbox and it can't even break top 10 most played, and last I checked (a while ago admittedly) it struggles to break top 15.

And seriously, I'd love to see your numbers arguing in favor of our scene growing. Legitimately, not trying to be an asshole. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think that's the case. Viewership sucks, player base sucks, and we have one event with 50<teams<100. Like I said before, I think it's tough to use the Dreamhack numbers for teams as an argument because DH is an experience, not just Halo. I'd like to see the number of teams for the next strictly Halo tournament that doesn't have a ton of other awesome stuff going on that people can enjoy and experience after they're knocked out of Halo or done watching Halo. Where'd you get that 65k viewership on Facebook number from? Again, serious question. 

Halo on PC would surely help grow the scene making it much more widely available to people. The problem with consoles is that they're expensive. A shit PC can run CS:GO adequately enough for people to play on it, hence it's rampant popularity. Things like DotA and LoL are the same way. When you can adjust things to suit your PC it will definitely make it easier to game. There isn't a chance that Halo competes with CS:GO for FPS dominance on PC. I'm sure they can co-exist though since they are wildly different, but it's hard to make the leap to Halo blowing up just because it's on PC. It will definitely grow, but blowing up? I'm skeptical. And I think classic gameplay would help with that as well, so I definitely agree (mostly) with both of your points there.

Take peoples career history with a pinch of salt, i fixed printers for 12 years.

Just another good common sense comment from Simms. People's work history isn't always representative of their work ethic or relevant to their current job. However, in this case, a little experience showing enthusiasm and support for esports would have been preferable in my mind.

How the hell is ms/343 making a cash grab from our community? How much money do you think their making compared to their investment the last 3 years? Do you really expect anybody to believe they've turned a profit? Lol no. Yet they continue to do it and support it. Now you're just straight up jaded

I just wanted to point out that I never said M$ was making a cash grab - what I did say, was that it's great M$ is throwing money at the scene. Where do you think the prize money is coming from? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder would MLG even want Halo at this point :mj:

I think they do. They love halo and think we deserve better, which we do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How ESL schedules:

Day 1 of matches ...........7 week break.............Day 2 of matches................we finally send humans to Mars.............Day 3 of matches...........3 weeks of roster changes

• Upvote (+1) 5