CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

theres probably like 300 people who even spring jump.  not to mention i put a lot of time and effort into it so im a little disappointed its getting taken out.  Maybe it will play better but i dont really see many people do it even at Champ rank, or not enough that its going to make a huge difference

I'm just saying you haven't even tried to play without spring jump yet so it doesn't even make sense for you to complain about the change right now.

edit: And now we'll never know thanks to everyone's bitching.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Spring Jump is not being touched. 

tenor.gif

Can you explain why the Sniper Rifle will be left untouched in the sandbox update? I know you guys nerfed the unscoped bullet magnetism before, but the weapon is still way too easy to use effectively even for average players (like myself). Neighbor said "this is only the beginning" after the unscoped nerf, which lead people to assume the Sniper will be further refined, especially in-scope aim assist and magnetism, but now it isn't even part of the sandbox update. In retrospect it makes sense that he meant the rest of the sandbox, not the sniper.

Anyways, looking forward to the testing playlist and I'm curious to see what role the new BR will fill.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So team arena is gonna have HCS radar?

That's dope, that alone makes me want to get on and play

My fear with this tuning update is that the people providing the feedback will be the ones that are still playing the game.  between the amount of time it has been since release, Destiny 2 being out and general distaste by a lot of hardcore OG halo fans (by OG i mean 1-3), it seems like the feedback is going to be coming mostly from people that already like the sandbox the way it is.  Since im assuming that this process is going to inform 1) the general design of Halo 6 and 2) the tuning feedback process going forward, i would hope to get more input from the players that used to play a lot and have left for one reason or another than the ones that are still around.  There is a pretty shitty bias there that i am not sure how you work around....

• Upvote (+1) 3

So team arena is gonna have HCS radar?

That's dope, that alone makes me want to get on and play

Yeah, this is the most overlooked part of the update.

I'm definitely going to hop on with some friends and get placed at the very least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good question. I'd like to look at retuning the Sniper Rifle a bit but for this go around there were just a bunch of bigger fish to fry.

Thanks for the response, glad to hear that.

Good question. I'd like to look at retuning the Sniper Rifle a bit but for this go around there were just a bunch of bigger fish to fry.

Love seeing the interaction here, even if tiny.

You should consider opening a new thread with feedback on the Arena tuning. I know you guys are probably going to primarily look at quantitative feedback, but I would definitely be willing to write up a longer piece of qualitative in the right setting (separate thread or something where I know you and the team will read).

• Upvote (+1) 6

Good idea. I'll be lurking/engaging on the Waypoint thread for sure. I can start one here too or should someone else do that? Open to either approach.

Feel free to start one if wanted, we can funnel things like that there.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is there even a good tutorial on how to spring jump?  The ones i find you have to jump land crouch jump again.  I dont see pros doing the second jump.

Thanks Ray.

BTW Team Arena just got updated with BR/Gunfighter starts, Ability Tracker radar and different map/weapon layouts.

Also, FYI - these aren't the tuning versions of the weapons. These are the default weapons as is today so we can get baseline data to measure against. Retuned weapons drop next week.

Awesome sauce thanks for being here.

I'll have to leave Destiny 2 for a while and put some games in for this.

Can we please get details on exactly what has changed for these weapons for the upcoming playlist. I can't be the only one who's bothered that all we've really heard is "nerfed railgun" or "buffed grenade launcher". I want to know things like, how has BR spread change, do the fuel rod bolts deal less damage, is the railgun just getting an aim assist nerf or is it something more. None of this has been discussed at length with the community and we're day from the start of public testing.

So tired of 343 trying to hype up game fixes over time to make them seem like some generous content drop when in reality they're just updating a broken sandbox a year and a half too late. I appreciate the long term support, but Halo 5 would have a healthier population if these changes had been made early on than 343 yelling "hey come back" almost 2 years into a game that hasn't received real dlc in 9 months right when the fps juggernauts are coming out to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ske7ch explained this in the waypoint thread.  They are going to be giving us a detailed rundown of the changes once the tunings are finalized but for the time being want people to actually play the game to see how they feel and play instead of coming to some pre-concieved notion about how good the changes are based on some percentages on a piece of paper.

To the nerd in me this is a little irritating because well, i just want to know. But the fact that we will know later and this process does actually increase the integrity of the test makes me ok with it.

"Protecting the integrity of the test" just seems like a farce in this case. The sample group, that being players that still play H5, is already heavily biased. More importantly, I've never gone into a game before, picked up a weapon, and pulled the trigger not knowing what would happen. 

• Downvote (-1) 7

First two games. Updated Stasis SH and Regret Flag. Splinters are still there. It is just a test playlist, so the devs are experimenting. If the devs are still willing to try and make stasis work, then hopefully they'll try to make oddball and koth work too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My fear with this tuning update is that the people providing the feedback will be the ones that are still playing the game.

similar to 343's analysis of H4's population, noticing that the tiny percentage of initial players who stayed with the game liked BTB, and deciding to focus on a bigger, better version of BTB (i.e. Warzone) rather than concluding that all the 4v4 players left because the 4v4 experience was terrible

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the changes had already been applied because the gun fighter magnum destroys the BR close range. I thought they had nerfed the BR.

Is it just me or the Team Arena BR has like zero magnetism and feels light? I know they haven't touched it so it could be the servers.

Is it just me or the Team Arena BR has like zero magnetism and feels light? I know they haven't touched it so it could be the servers.

Definitely not, I just played a match and the BR was as snappy as ever. Really rough to play, I'm actually really excited about the BR nerf lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1