CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Spring Jump has been in almost every Halo. It's fucking stupid to even bother to think and change coding for that jump to not happen.

What's the reasoning for 343 to remove?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Spring Jump has been in almost every Halo. It's fucking stupid to even bother to think and change coding for that jump to not happen.

What's the reasoning for 343 to remove?

Perhaps the same reasoning the led them to completely shit up the aiming system for the IP that basically defined console FPS aiming. 343 has to fix things, ESPECIALLY if they aren't broken.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Theycan fix springjumping but we cant get more skins

The fact that you want more skins to pay money for is what baffles me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Meanwhile, sprint-thrust-slide jumping is still breaking maps and the game's overall pacing. But whatever, fuck spring jumping right? What a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you guys are gunning the shark a little bit here. We have no reason to believe that spring jumping wasn't messing up the game's pacing and map movement. Give the update a chance. You guys haven't even played it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you guys are gunning the shark a little bit here. We have no reason to believe that spring jumping wasn't messing up the game's pacing and map movement. Give the update a chance. You guys haven't even played it yet.

theres probably like 300 people who even spring jump.  not to mention i put a lot of time and effort into it so im a little disappointed its getting taken out.  Maybe it will play better but i dont really see many people do it even at Champ rank, or not enough that its going to make a huge difference

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wanted to collect data for pro player controller settings for HDH as it is possible to be added to the API. But got a response from 343 saying that controller settings violates peoples privacy.

I thought it would have been cool to accumulate settings and link to accuracy etc.

What are your thoughts on it?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sounds like they're just trolling the viewers/forums.

@@Bad Dub

You could probably pretty easily manually collect that data from pros if needed. Layout/sens is pretty much in every pros faq/a command on twitch etc. Probably the most common question a pro gets in any shooter.

Sounds like they're just trolling the viewers/forums.

@@Bad Dub

You could probably pretty easily manually collect that data from pros if needed. Layout/sens is pretty much in every pros faq/a command on twitch etc. Probably the most common question a pro gets in any shooter.

I'm not going to manually collect data from individual streams lol Pros change their settings a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we sure they were joking?

Remember, this is the same company that asked the pros, "So what do you think about the needler?"

If they were fixing spring jumping I wouldn't be surprised at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are we sure they were joking?

Remember, this is the same company that asked the pros, "So what do you think about the needler?"

If they were fixing spring jumping I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Exact response from 343 on my HaloWayPoint thread in the API section:

"Hello! Your controller settings are considered private information. At this point, we don't have plans to add them to the API. Thanks!"

There is an unofficial API out there that has controller setting end-points but I've been told I'm not allowed to use it as it violates the usage of the official API.

So if someone outside 343 can add the end-point to their API I guess it should be easy for 343 to do this also.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exact response from 343 on my HaloWayPoint thread in the API section:

"Hello! Your controller settings are considered private information. At this point, we don't have plans to add them to the API. Thanks!"

There is an unofficial API out there that has controller setting end-points but I've been told I'm not allowed to use it as it violates the usage of the official API.

So if someone outside 343 can add the end-point to their API I guess it should be easy for 343 to do this also.

Did you quote my post by accident?

Cause I'm a little confused  :laughing:

Did you quote my post by accident?

Cause I'm a little confused  :laughing:

Yeah, I thought you were talking about the API. I didnt read the last line of your comment  :mj:

I wanted to collect data for pro player controller settings for HDH as it is possible to be added to the API. But got a response from 343 saying that controller settings violates peoples privacy.

I thought it would have been cool to accumulate settings and link to accuracy etc.

What are your thoughts on it?

https://twitter.com/HaloDataHive/status/905153998545670147

Holy fuck me I read that backwards and voted wrong. Who cares if you pull controller settings from the API? Personal info my ass.

And yeah, twitch commands are outdated a lot

• Upvote (+1) 2

100% a joke. I know for a fact Quinn loves spring jumping.

I can corroborate this.

Most likely it was just a joke that Shotzzy's so far ahead of every other player in movement they need 343 to nerf him instead of putting in effort to catch up. :^)

• Upvote (+1) 1