CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LawBreakers is SOOO GOOD - find games in seconds on the PS4 as well. It's NOT a twitch shooter and really lets the skilled shine. I love it.

Also, it doesn't feel like shit to play and has an interesting art direction - unlike H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Naventic went from losing to Wise 3-6 to beating Ronin 5-1 tonight. EDIT: Ronin was playing with Nemassist and Wise is Rammy Cloud Artic and Demon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what genre do we play ? Alternative shooters ? Grunge Shooters ? Jazz Shooter ?

I think its somewhat fair to call H1 an arena shooter. Really its just Quake/UT if you rebuilt the games with the intention of everything being much slower and simpler. Something pretty different ended up coming out of it because of the pace but I'm not sure it fits into another category at all

• Upvote (+1) 1

The previous HCS thread had about twice as many pages at this point in its life.

Including the 90k posts on facebook?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what genre do we play ? Alternative shooters ? Grunge Shooters ? Jazz Shooter ?

People have always called it "hybrid shooter" around here and it makes sense since Halo lies square in the middle between pure Arena shooters and squad shooters.

CE lies more towards the Arena side, H2 and 3 are in the middle, H4 lies heavily towards the squad shooter side and H5 is a little less squad but mixed with the high mobility shooter trend of the last 4 years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't need COD to be photo realistic but the outlines of objects are so fuzzy in this beta that it literally hurts my eyes when checking for heads over head glitch spots. Also the iron sights of the weapon are fuzzy in the same way. 

Anyone else experience this?

My uncle didn't think you could see the next-door neighbor's house until he was 11, when my grandparents realized he was effectively legally blind.

Halo 2 - 2v2 tourney tonight at our gamestop to celebrate the release of Destiny 2, anyone else have this?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't need COD to be photo realistic but the outlines of objects are so fuzzy in this beta that it literally hurts my eyes when checking for heads over head glitch spots. Also the iron sights of the weapon are fuzzy in the same way. 

Anyone else experience this?

Yes.  If you scope in on some of the guns iron sights, you could see artifacts.

The textures were generally dogshit in the beta.  Smoke effects were running at like 5 fps and the muzzle flash was a bit blinding for certain guns.

Hopefully this was just because they wanted to eliminate graphical performance issues as variables during the test and will ramp it up a bit for launch.  But its likely the xbox one's anemic hardware just can't handle it.

on topic: EG doesn't practice, EG sucks.... who would have guessed???

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 - 2v2 tourney tonight at our gamestop to celebrate the release of Destiny 2, anyone else have this?

That makes no sense at all, it's cool tho

That makes no sense at all, it's cool tho

Lol when i squinted and titled my head at the guy at the register, he explained it's because Bungie makes both games...

Lol when i squinted and titled my head at the guy at the register, he explained it's because Bungie makes both games...

I mean its cool but its... an interesting choice. You'd think Halo CE since that had the best 2v2 right guys? 

Yes. If you scope in on some of the guns iron sights, you could see artifacts.

The textures were generally dogshit in the beta. Smoke effects were running at like 5 fps and the muzzle flash was a bit blinding for certain guns.

Hopefully this was just because they wanted to eliminate graphical performance issues as variables during the test and will ramp it up a bit for launch. But its likely the xbox one's anemic hardware just can't handle it.

on topic: EG doesn't practice, EG sucks.... who would have guessed???

Nothing to do with the Xbox power or beta. Sledge just doesn't have a great art team. Bo3 and IW are both visually much more impressive.

Tapping and Falcated, being young grinders, cannot possibly be happy on a team that scrims once a week. Maybe we will see Falcated leave during this transfer period.

Nothing to do with the Xbox power or beta. Sledge just doesn't have a great art team. Bo3 and IW are both visually much more impressive.

Ah disappointing. I dont put a ton of worth on graphics anyway.

Still gonna play the shit out of that game though based on the beta (plz fix incendiary shells).

People have always called it "hybrid shooter" around here and it makes sense since Halo lies square in the middle between pure Arena shooters and squad shooters.

CE lies more towards the Arena side, H2 and 3 are in the middle, H4 lies heavily towards the squad shooter side and H5 is a little less squad but mixed with the high mobility shooter trend of the last 4 years.

I'm clearly not the gamer I thought I was. Guess I'll have to use google to learn to not be so idiotic in how I categorize games

I'm clearly not the gamer I thought I was. Guess I'll have to use google to learn to not be so idiotic in how I categorize games

What? I wasn't the one calling people idiotic for saying Titanfall and Overwatch are Arena shooters. IMO it's wrong, but I'm not judging.

• Upvote (+1) 1