CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i knew that last kill was on BabyJ before i even saw the name in the kill feed.  Idk why its always him

He's bad lol.

So theres a couple of threads on goldenboys commentary in the comp overwatch reddit. Some similar criticism that we shared.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So theres a couple of threads on goldenboys commentary in the comp overwatch reddit. Some similar criticism that we shared.

It's tough because he's likened to hybrid casters that are fully dedicated to that particular game. Even being compared to X, he's a play-by-play so of course the pure insight the comp community craves is mainly coming from one direction.

Of course he can improve as can they all but his flaws and/or stylistic choices are magnified by the surrounding circumstances.

Tldr; comp communities like analysis.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What was the score for the str8 scrim?

Also, I think BabyJ has the potential to be decent. Just hasn't played pro level Halo. Making mistakes that don't get punished in AM. While in the Pros, that one mistake can cost you a number of kills and map control.

Hopfully he'll learn and get better.

I think goldenboy is better at desk host like he does during the ow world cup. I'd like to see him and puckett switch for contenders

At least college football is back

Season opener for Virginia Tech against WVU was amazing! College football season is my favorite time of the year

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait did lawbreakers fail ?

It does not have a large playerbase.

It's a Cliffy B game, people will know it.

It will likely suffer from Tribes syndrome just like Titanfall and H5 do though. Despite how fun it and Titanfall are, the incredibly high skill requirement to be competent at the game will cause lower tier players to drop off and lose interest...and then a lot of higher skiled players slowly get bored of it until the population stagnates.

This happened way faster than I expected.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sheesh. Please tell me it's like CoD where the vast majority of players are on console.

It is a high skill floor twitch shooter, anyone playing it on console is wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is a high skill floor twitch shooter, anyone playing it on console is wrong.

Having a high skill floor would make the game more accessible as the floor is how bad you can be, I thought lawbreakers had a low skill floor & high ceiling?

Also, Str8 9-4 NVT from last night.

Having a high skill floor would make the game more accessible as the floor is your entry point, I thought lawbreakers had a low skill floor & high ceiling?

Also, Str8 9-4 NVT from last night.

HIGH skill floor means you have to do a lot of climbing to reach the floor.  If you can't reach the floor, you can't enjoy the game.

I view it as this:

The floor is the base level of competence required to enjoy the game.

A low skill floor means anyone can enjoy it.

A high skill floor means there are a lot of people that can't overcome the initial barrier of entry to reach the enjoyable gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sheesh. Please tell me it's like CoD where the vast majority of players are on console.

Dev posted a population graph on their forums-

Edit: PS4 population is about 1.5X the PC pop

Would recommend people to go back and watch the Infused vs Beavers (Jesus every time I have to type or say this a part of me dies) series from last nights EU open cup. Genuinely insane back and forth series.

You have a timestamp for that particular match, Onset? Didn't get a chance to watch any of it yesterday. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would recommend people to go back and watch the Infused vs Beavers (Jesus every time I have to type or say this a part of me dies) series from last nights EU open cup. Genuinely insane back and forth series.

This. It was really fun to watch. Beavers seem to be Infused Kryptonite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It. doesn't. come. fucking. close. to. this. fucking. thing. 

Y7AvAP6.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh look, it's Lawbreakers

I remember when we played the beta it was so easy to find matches and was so much fun to play. 

Shame how far its fallen so quickly. The $30 price I thought was smart but I guess a $15 price would've done better. I knew it was launching into a crowded market and in a time when people are getting overloaded with shooters.