CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks for the answer.

Nice to chat real quick Saturday night btw about how you are the best meme on Beyonddank:simms:

Not been able to chat much and engage whith the fans and community is the only negative to working an ESL event for me, as I see this as 'my event' and theres tons of other stuff to do im mainly in the back.

Vegas was awesome been able to wander around the open section and chat to many people, its something i cherish and love doing :) Thanks to yourself and anyone else who said hi this weekend!

Also 4AM, rip sleep patterns...

• Upvote (+1) 9

Don't forget Atlanta has the cheapest airport to buy a ticket for in the whole world. The average airfare is something like $200 

Shame ATL is a mess, but at least it isn't LaGuardia (shudders). 

It was my second time in Atlanta (first time was going to a Braves game which was a pretty fun experience) and I have to say Atlanta is a pretty bumping city. Would totally go to another LAN for sure, but would like some action in the Carolinas. MLG Raleigh/Charlotte anyone? Charleston biggest city in SC with like three colleges and it would be lit to see MLG sell out the TD Bank arena for a MLG Charleston with a CoD/Halo/Gears/CSGO event. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The most competitive Halo since 2 is a shooting game that had broken aim for about a year and a half? With Assault Rifles? 

Come on man, that is such a huge reach(pun intended). H5 now with the new settings is much better but it's too late for that to really have an impact if we're talking about improving Halo as an eSport and as a community. New players aren't going to buy Halo because they heard about heavy aim being fixed and pistol starts. 

Yeah it isn't like H4 or Reach. Saying "Hey, this game isn't Viva Pinata so we all should appreciate it!" isn't really a solid argument.

But I want a new Viva Pinata. That game was money. I remember not turning off my xbox for weeks so I could play the demo which didnt have saving.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It was my second time in Atlanta (first time was going to a Braves game which was a pretty fun experience) and I have to say Atlanta is a pretty bumping city. Would totally go to another LAN for sure, but would like some action in the Carolinas. MLG Raleigh/Charlotte anyone? Charleston biggest city in SC with like three colleges and it would be lit to see MLG sell out the TD Bank arena for a MLG Charleston with a CoD/Halo/Gears/CSGO event.

I had a homeless guy stalk me on Sunday and followed me around Walgreens begging me for money. He got all upset when i called the cops. Very very sketch compared here in Charlotte. So many homeless people just down the block from the venue. Everywhere I went they'd ask for money, but once that dude started following me around I was like waaattt the feckkk is this

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wtf are you talking about? We're seeing growth now. Slowly but surely. We haven't had an event as big as atl since 2016 worlds or Dallas 12. If we event count that since it was a new game. Hell, Facebook has 65k viewers on atl finals. 65k. I'm pretty sure halo 4 only could have dreamed of seeing these types of numbers.

You can shit on h5 all you want but you can't say our community isn't playing it. We are, and we're filling up venues, and we're breaking team caps.

I definitely would not say the numbers are encouraging. If ATL was such a big event, why do the numbers not represent that?

Could you source the 65k on Facebook number?

There were a lot of open teams for sure. That is in spite of ESL/343, not because of something they have done well. Everything "wasn't their fault" yet every other game found a solution for problems quickly while players couldn't even finish their game in a decider for pro league.  

If you think I'm being unfairly critical, I'd argue that it's because you had fun at the event. I'm sure it was a great time. But as a viewer, the event was run terribly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I happen to know of a decent venue in the area...

68617.jpg

That is such a nice place. Especially after they redone it for the CoD events. Its too bad that without MLG, we will never have an event in that place again  :mj:

Where are people getting the 65k on facebook number? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere 

Off topic, but why do you all hate Mixer so much? Twitch is great but competition is never a bad thing.

Some of you act like Mixer is Bonnie Ross's personal pet project that she works on when she's not ruining Halo.

A week or so ago I saw someone post about how the HCS twitter put Mixer before Twitch in a tweet and act like it was a cardinal sin, lmao

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Off topic, but why do you all hate Mixer so much? Twitch is great but competition is never a bad thing.

Some of you act like Mixer is Bonnie Ross's personal pet project that she works on when she's not ruining Halo.

A week or so ago I saw someone post about how the HCS twitter put Mixer before Twitch in a tweet and act like it was a cardinal sin, lmao

People live in absolute fear that it will become the HCS platform for viewing.

People live in absolute fear that it will become the HCS platform for viewing.

Its a solid platform. The key would be to get people watching it. Like advertising on the xbox and giving out weapon skins......

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't get to post this over the weekend since my phone is broken, but I have obtained a exclusive, Lethul autographed chicken tendies box 20170722_183036.jpg

Bidding starts at a 6 pack of Brisk Mate 

ill paypal $10

I actually like watching on Mixer over Twitch. And you're right, competition is a good thing to have (Hi US ISP monopolies and hi youtube). I think people are just afraid MS would make it exclusively on Mixer. Which, especially in this state of Halo (and Mixer) would be very bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had a homeless guy stalk me on Sunday and followed me around Walgreens begging me for money. He got all upset when i called the cops. Very very sketch compared here in Charlotte. So many homeless people just down the block from the venue. Everywhere I went they'd ask for money, but once that dude started following me around I was like waaattt the feckkk is this

Issues like this are exactly why I voted for Jill Stein.

edit: For anyone downvoting or thinking of downvoting, I'd like to remind you that sharing your political opinions, though not against the rules, is frowned upon here.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Issues like this are exactly why I voted for Jill Stein.

edit: For anyone downvoting or thinking of downvoting, I'd like to remind you that sharing your political opinions, though not against the rules, is frowned upon here.

Let me help you out. At least you'll now be inclined to think which thread is appropriate the next time you post. http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14619-general-politics-discussion-thread/page-260

being the busiest airport in the world i dont think we do too bad. ive always had a smooth experience and ive been there countless times. never an issue

did hecz ever end up elaborating on his concerns he tweeted out on the weekend? don't follow his vlogs so i'm not sure

Didn't get to post this over the weekend since my phone is broken, but I have obtained a exclusive, Lethul autographed chicken tendies box 20170722_183036.jpg

Bidding starts at a 6 pack of Brisk Mate 

Damn I was gonna get my bottle of Brisk Mate signed but I forgot a sharpie. RIP

being the busiest airport in the world i dont think we do too bad. ive always had a smooth experience and ive been there countless times. never an issue

True but I know some of the EU guys had issues with customs and the like. Guess you can't fault ATL too harshly for that thou. 

True but I know some of the EU guys had issues with customs and the like. Guess you can't fault ATL too harshly for that thou. 

i blame trump and terrorist policies. definitely not the airport

I think Periscope should run the next event = /

or beyond

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2