CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The graphics suck. It needs to improve big time

Yes, what we need is even MORE multiplayer FPS games filled with completely unnecessary visual noise. Environmental clutter, non-functional geometry that constantly gets in your way, obnoxious post-processing, blinding lighting, mediocre performance even on high end PCs, gigantic weapon models with tons of movement sway, sphincter-esque FoV on consoles. PROGRESS. Without these features, how do you really know you're playing a MODERN SHOOTER? I think the answer to that question is clear.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Yes, what we need is even MORE multiplayer FPS games filled with completely unnecessary visual noise. Environmental clutter, non-functional geometry that constantly gets in your way, obnoxious post-processing, blinding lighting, mediocre performance even on high PCs, gigantic weapon models with tons of movement sway, sphincter-esque FoV on consoles. PROGRESS. Without these features, how do you really know you're playing a MODERN SHOOTER? I think the answer to that question is clear.

Blah blah blah

This is next gen. The least they could do is have it look like it

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Eh, some you tuber had the point that if when World at War came out that someone showed you this game and said that this was COD 10 years in the future you'd be pissed. I cannot get this reasoning out of my head playing the game. It just feels dated.

I hear ya, I'm not very impressed by the game because it's still just CoD (not as good as halo), but it's fun because it's new

• Upvote (+1) 2

Blah blah blah

We stopped calling the current generation 'next gen' when it began. Also, have CoD ever looked graphically ok/good compared to other games? No.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CoD used to get shit for "releasing the same game every year." Then they deviate from that and people get pissed about jetpacks and shit. You're never gonna please everyone, but I think a ton of people are pumped CoD is returning to its roots.

It's so annoying that devs feel like they must change for the sake of change.

If you are going to change something, do it because there was a flaw that you want to improve or a void that you want to fill.

Don't just change for the sake of change. It drives me crazy.

I like the divisions system but i wish it was just a little more customizable. Ghosts had way too many perks and now you almost don't have enough lol. But the Beta is good. Looking forward to the full game.

Blah blah blah

Yeah, man. I totally agree. They've already put tons of visual garbage in the game. The problem is that they actually target a consistent 60fps on dumpy-ass consoles, so they only have so many system resources to make console kids feel like they're living in the future. But why prioritize performance and some semblance of clarity, when you could have an incoherent, "next gen" clusterfuck? If they would just target 30fps (I mean, the human eye can't see above 24fps anyway, tbh), they could cram in even more non-functional props, high resolution textures, and post-processing in there. The immersion would be unprecedented. And we all know the point of videogames is to achieve faux photo-realism and not to be fun to play or anything trivial like that.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Yes, what we need is even MORE multiplayer FPS games filled with completely unnecessary visual noise. Environmental clutter, non-functional geometry that constantly gets in your way, obnoxious post-processing, blinding lighting, mediocre performance even on high PCs, gigantic weapon models with tons of movement sway, sphincter-esque FoV on consoles. PROGRESS. Without these features, how do you really know you're playing a MODERN SHOOTER? I think the answer to that question is clear.

This is an underrated post. KISS method is key.

Yeah, man. I totally agree. They've already put tons of visual garbage in the game. The problem is that they actually target a consistent 60fps on dumpy-ass consoles, so they only have so many system resources to make console kids feel like they're living in the future. But why prioritize performance and some semblance of clarity, when you could have an incoherent, "next gen" clusterfuck? If they would just target 30fps (I mean, the human eye can't see above 24fps anyway, tbh), they could cram in even more non-functional props, high resolution textures, and post-processing in there. The immersion would be unprecedented. And we all know the point of videogames is to achieve faux photo-realism and not to be fun to play or anything trivial like that.

Are you being serious about the 24fps thing? lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Are you being serious about the 24fps thing? lol

144Hz monitors are just playing tricks on your brain. :kappa:

I don't need COD to be photo realistic but the outlines of objects are so fuzzy in this beta that it literally hurts my eyes when checking for heads over head glitch spots. Also the iron sights of the weapon are fuzzy in the same way. 

Anyone else experience this?

• Upvote (+1) 3

We stopped calling the current generation 'next gen' when it began. Also, have CoD ever looked graphically ok/good compared to other games? No.

I thought CoD 4/MW2 were pretty good for their time.

I still love looking at MW2 tbh

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't need COD to be photo realistic but the outlines of objects are so fuzzy in this beta that it literally hurts my eyes when checking for heads over head glitch spots. Also the iron sights of the weapon are fuzzy in the same way.

Anyone else experience this?

Beta is horribly optimized, rendering differently on cross-play

I hear ya, I'm not very impressed by the game because it's still just CoD (not as good as halo), but it's fun because it's new

Pretty much this. It's new and different and for the most part I have fun with it but sometimes things happen that remind me why I don't play COD. Nothing is more infuriating than being on fire and feeling like you can't miss a shot only to die from a bomb being dropped on your head from the sky and not from another player actually out shooting you. Not sure if I'll buy it or not but I really do hope it does well to send a message to developers that advanced movement is not what people want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I want my team to in the top-four area and I know we have the ability to with the right fourth member."

The only "right fourth member" that makes Ronin a top 4 team is someone like Snakebite or Huke. And Ronin landing a player like that is about as likely as me going pro.

• Upvote (+1) 1