CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Designing around Sprint is hard.

I actually like stasis quite a bit if they would just fix the geometry on one side to make it symmetrical.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I actually like stasis quite a bit if they would just fix the geometry on one side to make it symmetrical.

Yeah but you've gotta think what does it take for a designer to make a map almost entirely symmetrical and then just say "Nah fuck it" and make one side worse than the other. Surely they didn't think they would make both sides equally balanced but different.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah but you've gotta think what does it take for a designer to make a map almost entirely symmetrical and then just say "Nah fuck it" and make one side worse than the other. Surely they didn't think they would make both sides equally balanced but different.

They seemed surprised that the map was so lopsided. I think they truly believed they could make the balances different yet equal.

It's possible, but i don't even understand why undertake that burden. What's the payoff when you're aiming to make a ctf map?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think coli is almost as unbalanced. Blue base sucks and is smaller.

I really didnt think stasis was worse than fathom, nor did i feel it was more lopsided than rig ts.

I did like refreshed torque fwiw. Even lethul liked torqueflagbut wasworried about the flag glitch

No Tyrant is ass cheeks do not even waste time. The only option is a barebones map forgers seem to have a hard on for seeing who can maintain the lowest framerate soooo

Tyrants problems were autos. The map can work.

Holy shit accidental neg.

They seemed surprised that the map was so lopsided. I think they truly believed they could make the balances different yet equal.

It's possible, but i don't even understand why undertake that burden. What's the payoff when you're aiming to make a ctf map?

It is possible but its almost entirely luck when someone actually makes a balanced asym without further adjustments post release. You have to wait and see the meta evolve on a map like that to truly know if its balanced or not. Not that you can't make a decent first attempt though

To be honest, it's not like resource limitations are the reason for the situation. You can make a perfectly fine map out of reused assets. It's just that 343's map designers couldn't.

Think back to H3.  We had some of the best competitive maps come from only using a box, fence, and bridge assets.

I think coli is almost as unbalanced. Blue base sucks and is smaller.

I really didnt think stasis was worse than fathom, nor did i feel it was more lopsided than rig ts.

I did like refreshed torque fwiw. Even lethul liked torqueflagbut wasworried about the flag glitch

Never noticed that blue base was smaller than red on Coli. And I agree the tuned-up Torque seemed somewhat viable and now that they're testing it further I think it can make the cut.

What? Literally every shooter on console with developers who even remotely give a shit gets regular balance patches. 343's rebalancing "efforts" 2 years after launch are laughable.

It feels like they shipped the game, dusted their hands off and said "That's done, next project"

Then complaints and glitches rolled in and like a high schooler who has to resit a test they put it off as long as possible before finally acknowledging it and "trying" to fix it.

I would have a more positive view of 343 if they interacted with this community, but as they don't and have MCC and Halo 4 on their resume, I will continue to treat them with disdain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

cod WWII is pretty fun

Ive only played hardpoint but the announcer sounds like strongside

you guys should play the "war" mode and when you have to build the bridge try doing it without smoke grenades. it's insane.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be honest, it's not like resource limitations are the reason for the situation. You can make a perfectly fine map out of reused assets. It's just that 343's map designers couldn't.

Should've been more clear. I meant resources in the broadest sense. People time money testing etc etc but most specifically talented (and likely high paid) employees in this case.

Some of the maps are good enough that I think they do exist (MM and Santa gif here)

cod WWII is pretty fun

Eh, some you tuber had the point that if when World at War came out that someone showed you this game and said that this was COD 10 years in the future you'd be pissed. I cannot get this reasoning out of my head playing the game. It just feels dated.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eh, some you tuber had the point that if when World at War came out that someone showed you this game and said that this was COD 10 years in the future you'd be pissed. I cannot get this reasoning out of my head playing the game. It just feels dated.

This type of shit is crazy for me to read in some ways. Good/fun gameplay is universal. I can play A Link to the Past right now and it will be just as good of a game as it ever was in 1991. The same should apply to CoD or Halo or really anything. The only thing you should expect is graphics to match the current generations hardware. If they can come up with something new and fun then that's great but well designed gameplay doesn't have an expiration date.

• Upvote (+1) 7

CoD used to get shit for "releasing the same game every year." Then they deviate from that and people get pissed about jetpacks and shit. You're never gonna please everyone, but I think a ton of people are pumped CoD is returning to its roots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This type of shit is crazy for me to read in some ways. Good/fun gameplay is universal. I can play A Link to the Past right now and it will be just as good of a game as it ever was in 1991. The same should apply to CoD or Halo or really anything. The only thing you should expect is graphics to match the current generations hardware. If they can come up with something new and fun then that's great but well designed gameplay doesn't have an expiration date.

That's cool and all but it's the same engine and graphics, same hit detection and rubber banding...

Beta is a lot of fun.

Biggest takeaways:

It's an smg players dream

The graphics suck. It needs to improve big time

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1