CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have Tyrant CTF or (updated) Tourque been tested with HCS settings? I feel like those maps get overlooked, but maybe the pros just hate playing on them.

I like having controversial posters and don't think Shitlin did anything wrong.

There's nothing wrong with that, but that isn't why it's perm. Remember we give posters at least 4-5 times to cleanup - it isn't fun banning people.

There's nothing wrong with that, but that isn't why it's perm. Remember we give posters at least 4-5 times to cleanup - it isn't fun banning people.

Shitlin = NavG confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I prefer paintings to posters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we instead speculate on what the changes will be as opposed to blindly discussing how maps will play or how the BR shouldn't be a starting weapon?

If they seriously consider the BR a decent starting weapon they must have heavily nerfed it. If it is still as easy to use and has the same TTK there is virtually no reason to pick up any of the other rifles, pistol variants and even some autos besides the Storm Rifle and BPR. Keep in mind that the AR, SMG, DMR and Carbine will get nerfed too in this update. Unless the BR gets a significant nerf, the game will literally become the oh-so-hated Rockets/Snipe/Railgun/BR meta, as any other weapon does not offer a significant enough upgrade when you spawn with the current BR.

So this new BR either kills much slower or they nerfed the insane aim assist and magnetism to make it behave more like the current Magnum. In a perfect world, this new BR has a fast TTK and is very hard to use, making it an almost ideal utility weapon, but this is very unlikely. Also, I have no idea why they would choose this over a buff to the Magnum, but we'll have to wait and see. My money is on a significant TTK nerf by lowering the RoF, while the aim assist is left almost untouched.

They're considering the new BR as a starting weapon. New. None of you have used it or even know what the changes are. How could you possibly be against it already? It could be the best starting weapon of all time for all we know..

No matter how good of a starting weapon it may be, there will be people so against change and casuals that will shun the BR for being too hardcore. This really reduces my hope in 343 to actually gather valuable feedback during this testing period. And I wouldn't blame them. The Halo community sucks and everyone wants different things lol

I don't think a burst fire weapon is the best starting weapon period.  should be single shot imo.  No amount of tuning can get rid of that aspect of the weapon.

If they want to change the starting weapon to a rifle to appease the "hurr durr a pistol is a sidearm idiots" people, I would rather a properly tuned DMR be used instead.

Sometimes the mods clean up the really nasty shit before most people see it....

• Upvote (+1) 5

Every time I have to repost this graphic I think "Wow, I can't believe I still have to keep reposting this graphic."

DInlmQxV4AE1lJT.jpg

Is there honestly no sort of governing body that regulates these organizations? How is there no repercussions/fines for orgs like this (outside of taking them to court in the traditional sense). (i.e. FCC-type)

I know you guys are very chill. Figured I must have missed something. 

I prefer paintings to posters.

:FRYEYES:

I don't think a burst fire weapon is the best starting weapon period.  should be single shot imo.  No amount of tuning can get rid of that aspect of the weapon.

If they want to change the starting weapon to a rifle to appease the "hurr durr a pistol is a sidearm idiots" people, I would rather a properly tuned DMR be used instead.

Sometimes the mods clean up the really nasty shit before most people see it....

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I only saw what he posted here and it was just sometimes dumb opinions. 

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I only saw what he posted here and it was just sometimes always dumb opinions. 

ftfy  :simms:

Yeah, i caught some nasty shit from him "before cleanup" in the past but mostly he had become a caricature of a bad troll lol.  I must have missed some stuff as well haha.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't even feel bad for players who sign with Denial at this point.  A quick google search would tell you they're shady.  

I don't even feel bad for players who sign with Denial at this point. A quick google search would tell you they're shady.

I remember when Denial was considered top org and ppl vere proud to be in their ranks. They also had solid success (1th cod worlds).

Have Tyrant CTF or (updated) Tourque been tested with HCS settings? I feel like those maps get overlooked, but maybe the pros just hate playing on them.

I made an HCS variant for Torque & have messaged some pros asking if they could try it out in 8s. No luck though; maybe 343 isn't looking into adding anymore maps into the rotation.

343 are interested in adding maps if they are good. I think that 343 are terrible at creating maps and every subsequent map they have released have been even worse so I haven't been interested in testing anything.

If you want to make it easier for people to view your map, do a flythrough of the map and upload it to youtube and give a download link in the same post.

WHAT ARE THEY GOOD AT? 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

WHAT ARE THEY GOOD AT? 

I was going to say being nice, but I don't think that either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 are interested in adding maps if they are good. I think that 343 are terrible at creating maps and every subsequent map they have released have been even worse so I haven't been interested in testing anything.

If you want to make it easier for people to view your map, do a flythrough of the map and upload it to youtube and give a download link in the same post.

I don't have the equipment :^(