CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I can't believe they're seriously considering BR starts unless they've seriously nerfed its ease of use. JFC. 

Also, what's going on with Naventic? Sad to see them do so well before Pro League, stick together and then start off 0-4 (with Optic & Splyce as their next two matches). Wonder if they'll correct course and be like S2 Allegiance at Finals or if there's going to be a roster change with all the time off.

All this talk about sandbox changes and I haven't seen Oriiii make a post about sprint yet.

I'm worried.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It may be a couple years late but progress is progress. Maybe by the time Halo 6 ships 343 will be somewhat competent at making a competitive shooter.

Also, I am 90% sure they're going to make the Carbine useless.

Anyway, can't really disagree with any of the changes I guess except for nerfing the Carbine.

When a game relies on Scope for you to be able to aim at range, the weapon that keeps you out of scope better is the best at range.

Definitely should increase the TTK by a significant amount. At long range it can be close to impossible to land a single shot on someone with a carbine and its TTK allows it to beat other weapons close range too. Make it take 3-4 more bullets to kill and it fills the intended role but isn't oppressive on maps like Truth and Coli.

Also speaking of Truth and Coli I see the new proposed starting loadout to hurt gameplay on those maps. If everyone is starting off with a longer range gun it makes the long open areas on those maps even more dangerous to traverse. I'm also worried about the shoddy hit registration of the BR. It seems like the game registers each individual shot in the burst which can lead to some frustrating scenarios where you get 6 hitmarkers in a row before breaking shields.

Lets hope this is a sign that in the future 343 are going to be a lot more proactive about balancing the game correctly and listening to feedback.

Also speaking of Truth and Coli I see the new proposed starting loadout to hurt gameplay on those maps.

I'm going to have a panic attack. You literally can't say this. We don't know how either of the guns in the proposed starting loadout will behave.

Can we instead speculate on what the changes will be as opposed to blindly discussing how maps will play or how the BR shouldn't be a starting weapon?

(Not singling you out here just a general sentiment)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i just want a new map, please

something

anything

not stasis

"Stasis it is" - 343 Probably 

• Upvote (+1) 6

People can only play fathom CTF and Eden TS so many times before they reach their breaking point 

I have no idea how you guys do it. I haven't been able to stand watching Fathom CTF for more than a year now and you guys regularly practice it and probably go over film etc. 

I'm going to have a panic attack. You literally can't say this. We don't know how either of the guns in the proposed starting loadout will behave.

Can we instead speculate on what the changes will be as opposed to blindly discussing how maps will play or how the BR shouldn't be a starting weapon?

(Not singling you out here just a general sentiment)

It says in the post that it is too good close range and that is what they are targeting so I imagine it will still be at least better than the magnum at long ranges

I can't believe they're seriously considering BR starts unless they've seriously nerfed its ease of use. JFC.

Also, what's going on with Naventic? Sad to see them do so well before Pro League, stick together and then start off 0-4 (with Optic & Splyce as their next two matches). Wonder if they'll correct course and be like S2 Allegiance at Finals or if there's going to be a roster change with all the time off.

S2alg was taking teams to 5games every week. Naventic is getting 3-0d and looking lost

S2alg was taking teams to 5games every week. Naventic is getting 3-0d and looking lost

I... I think this is is the first time you've ever said anything about ALG in a positive manner. 

LFG  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't see ALG picking up a H5 team again though. Probably best just to wait.

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Unless MLG were to somehow get involved in Halo again...  :simms:  :intel:

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Unless MLG were to somehow get involved in Halo again... :simms::intel:

Dont tease like that. Unless you know something???

Snipedown has a 1.7 kd? :walshy:

Snipedown has been so good for so long that he gets overlooked (well not really, but by his standards) when people talk about the very best H5 players.

He is the best pure slayer in the game not named Royal 2, in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dont tease like that. Unless you know something???

Dude you don't know how badly I want MLG back in Halo.

But I seriously doubt it will happen. :\