CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well there's your difference in the two companies right there

343's investment? They invest their time the same way (it seems) millions of Americans do at their job - they go there for the paycheck and that's about it. They don't have passion, no matter what they tell you. And the people in the company that do have a passion? Well they're not listened to. Pro Team seems to be completely ignored, even when they try to work with the absolute donkey shit that they're given (read: autos, maps, mechanics).

I'd love to see what you have for evidence supporting growth besides 1 tournament that finally met criteria being asked for, for two years. First big tournament held on the East coast and it harkened back to MLG days where it was a multi-game event, not just a Halo event. All I'm saying is that this is going to be inflating your numbers a bit because the experience offers so much more than just a pile of shit game that doesn't have a true LAN experience.

This forum has come to terms with Halo 5's issues and actually have tried to address them and work around them. 343 has literally done little to nothing about it. They changed the settings 1.5 years into the game, arguably so late that it doesn't make a big difference. The population for the game is on life support, particularly for the flagship Xbox exclusive.

As to your last point, to put it bluntly, our dev support flat out fucking sucks. It's great they host events, it's great that M$ throws cash at Halo, however, neither of these things can change the fact that 343 as a company is absolutely horrendous at their job of running an esports scene. Everyone likes to bag ESL here, but they do a pretty solid job (for the most part) with CS:GO. The majors hosted by ESL supported by Valve are absolutely insane, so you can't truly put all of the blame strictly on ESL. 343 is absolutely atrocious.

How the hell is ms/343 making a cash grab from our community? How much money do you think their making compared to their investment the last 3 years? Do you really expect anybody to believe they've turned a profit? Lol no. Yet they continue to do it and support it. Now you're just straight up jaded

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly Moses I'm hoping you get some kinda Halo esports job so it might be best to keep in a little constructive than a full on toast. idk.

everyone knows what the problems are, there's no point in me beating a dead horse and calling people i don't know bad names

i can't wait to watch these TB tournies this week, and maybe even the UMG one if it actually happens  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 5

It is Halo 5's fault that game 5 of the grand finals was played off stream.

Not one to defend 343/ESL but as someone who used to compete, I would have been extremely pissed off if I had to put a series (especially in a grand finals scenario) on hold because it's not being streamed.

It wouldn't have been fair to the players to make them wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5, gameplaywise, may not be the best Halo, but it's far from trash, and we all know it. This weekend proves it's potential, and if we're going to be force fed "modern Halo" then I'd say H5 was a good starting point at least.

Would I prefer redefined and shiny updated classic gameplay with some new flair? Duh. But let's not act like Halo 5 is Prepatch Reach or H4. It's far from it. At least the most competitive Halo since 2.

The most competitive Halo since 2 is a shooting game that had broken aim for about a year and a half? With Assault Rifles? 

Come on man, that is such a huge reach(pun intended). H5 now with the new settings is much better but it's too late for that to really have an impact if we're talking about improving Halo as an eSport and as a community. New players aren't going to buy Halo because they heard about heavy aim being fixed and pistol starts. 

Yeah it isn't like H4 or Reach. Saying "Hey, this game isn't Viva Pinata so we all should appreciate it!" isn't really a solid argument.

Not one to defend 343/ESL but as someone who used to compete, I would have been extremely pissed off if I had to put a series (especially in a grand finals scenario) on hold because it's not being streamed.

It wouldn't have been fair to the players to make them wait.

They made them wait literally the next game...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Watching clips from Grand Finals and hearing how the crowd was non-existent sound wise when we made plenty of noise all series is obnoxious

How do you not have any crowd mics for Champ Sunday?

This I agree with. Please give us crowd mics. That is one thing I really do not understand

I miss when all I cared about in this game was how Strongside was a poor lead broadcaster for the Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After chatting to the team it was a straight up oversight on our part, its on the list of things for Denver. No excuses, just a massive error on our end that we will rectify for next time.

Good to hear.

Atlanta crowd was loud! It would have portrayed great on stream.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just hope there's a mid season LAN for Fall. Like a Columbus event would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After chatting to the team it was a straight up oversight on our part, its on the list of things for Denver. No excuses, just a massive error on our end that we will rectify for next time.

I just hope that there is a legit crowd  in Denver because I do believe that attendance will be less due to not being in the East Coast.  That being said, Dreamhack is awesome and I will do everything I can to attend it again.

Also, I will also try to meet more people from here in the event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was feedback Timo himself responded to after worlds 2016 directed to me. I'm shocked after that it never happened. You don't even need to let me know though man, that's not your choice to make. It's just nuts to me we were not heard. It makes the stream so much more

Immersive (Kappa)

everyone knows what the problems are, there's no point in me beating a dead horse and calling people i don't know bad names

i can't wait to watch these TB tournies this week, and maybe even the UMG one if it actually happens ;)

Sometimes it's therapeutic to write it all down. I can't tell you how many work email 'roasts' I've written and deleted before sending.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for the answer.

Nice to chat real quick Saturday night btw about how you are the best meme on Beyond    :simms:

I just found out 343 is the source of my depression and I can't keep visiting the forums. Its been a wild ride, love you all.

Good bye forever this time.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just hope that there is a legit crowd  in Denver because I do believe that attendance will be less due to not being in the East Coast.  That being said, Dreamhack is awesome and I will do everything I can to attend it again.

Also, I will also try to meet more people from here in the event.

Don't forget Atlanta has the cheapest airport to buy a ticket for in the whole world. The average airfare is something like $200 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sometimes it's therapeutic to write it all down. I can't tell you how many work email 'roasts' I've written and deleted before sending.

This, it was also a good reminder that I'm not as smart as I think I am and I should stick to what I'm good at

IMPORTANT i just realized that on mobile you can drag the size of the fast reply box and make it larger

I happen to know of a decent venue in the area...

68617.jpg

I know for a fact it's never happening again. That's the sad part.