CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I was not able to watch any of the matches yesterday because how much still is going on, but there is no way I miss a nV vs. Optic match-up. Especially since it looks like both are still undefeated? (correct me if I'm wrong).

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's always interesting to go outside our bubble and see what people think of competitive Halo

61dc94e01b869d9478e98c3e395a081e.png

Seeing the same sentiments all over the internet, maybe we aren't just haters :thinking:

#toxic

• Upvote (+1) 7

I was not able to watch any of the matches yesterday because how much still is going on, but there is no way I miss a nV vs. Optic match-up. Especially since it looks like both are still undefeated? (correct me if I'm wrong).

both are 3-0 and haven't lost a map yet

hopefully it's a good series

It's always interesting to go outside our bubble and see what people think of competitive Halo

Seeing the same sentiments all over the internet, maybe we aren't just haters :thinking:

Eh, I honestly don't think there's much reason to fret unless they still haven't announced something after this season of Pro League. 343/ESL Halo have been habitually late announcing upcoming plans, which is obviously a bad thing overall, but I see this as just another instance of that.

On the Mixer note, the stream quality was perfect for the whole time. However, I was getting super tilted by the chat. It seemed if you posted two messages within 30 seconds of each other, it'd count as sending them too fast. That is w/e, but what's really trash was that instead of clearing the message you tried to send, it would keep it in the chat as if it were the most recent message. And then if you tried again, it would add another message to the list. I'd often have 3 or 4 unsent messages bunched up in the bottom of the chat, displacing actual messages. You'd have to refresh to make them go away. Really annoying.

the visibility of worlds and dreamhack have destroyed the facade of "everything is fine; beyond is just toxic" and really exposed a lot of what is wrong with the hcs and how it's handled. this game, even in it's current state, has so much potential to be a pretty large esport but it just needs to be handled by people who care enough to put in the time to grow and develop it. its now obvious to everyone that the people running it either have no clue or just don't give a shit whether halo succeeds as an esport.

they need to announce the changes either during this upcoming break or between  the end of season and denver. that way some time at denver can be spent explaining the changes. i dont want another instance like vegas worlds qualifiers where they didnt even say the date or where to buy tickets till right before the stream ended on sunday

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, I honestly don't think there's much reason to fret unless they still haven't announced something after this season of Pro League. 343/ESL Halo have been habitually late announcing upcoming plans, which is obviously a bad thing overall, but I see this as just another instance of that.

The issue is that there are people contemplating leaving to try out COD because the future of Halo is uncertain, and we're still yet to hear anything. I don't think they have to announce anything right now, but maybe tease something. HCS needs to create some kind of hype for the future of Halo because right now it's looking pretty bleak. Pair that with the most hyped CoD game since what BlOps2? maybe even MW2? It's a recipe for disaster.

The issue is that there are people contemplating leaving to try out COD because the future of Halo is uncertain, and we're still yet to hear anything. I don't think they have to announce anything right now, but maybe tease something. HCS needs to create some kind of hype for the future of Halo because right now it's looking pretty bleak. Pair that with the most hyped CoD game since what BlOps2? maybe even MW2? It's a recipe for disaster.

Honestly unless they announce something insane I think the days of Halo being a game people play for months/years as their primary game are over. They just really aren't that competitive with other developers who push out updates, fixes, and general content patches faster than 343 can create a team skin. Yeah they've got a lot of nostalgia surrounding the franchise but what new person is really going to pick Halo in its current state over all of the popular games that are actually properly maintained?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Naventic wont win a series unless they beat lg.

Mixers quality is great. Everything else is just weird to navigate.

I admire your courage. True passion for the game.

anigif_enhanced-5157-1398094051-8.gif?do

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twice a week they ask me for stats for certain players. These are the stats I give them. They specifically asked for accuracy and perfect kills (accuracy wasn't originally on the player report and perfects are from the impulse report)

6hHaoTS.png

Bro you literally grind out stats and it's a shame that they ask you for the stupidest ones. You have all the stats from PL and such on your site?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Bro you literally grind out stats and it's a shame that they ask you for the stupidest ones. You have all the stats from PL and such on your site?

Yeah all stats for this pro league and last pro league.

You can click the team row in the standings table and see all individual player stats http://halodatahive.com/League/Standings/6

• Upvote (+1) 5

The proposed BR/Gunfighter loadout has me a bit nervous because even if the BR is a lot more tolerable after tuning I can't help but think it's disappointing to just sideline the Magnum after it's had such a solid 2 years.

Kinda hoping it doesn't stick at this point and either tuned AR/Mag is fine or we can just stick with the handgun by itself for HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 2