CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Runs like a dream on my 1070 at max settings. 

And I'm happy it's exactly like Destiny 1 - no reason to change a massively successful formula - I'm sure Bungie learned their lesson from Halo there? 

Agreed. Shoutouts to the 1070s (I actually have a 1080 but since we're probably both playing in 144hz, that's that)! The game is gorgeous in 1440p @ 144hz.

Never understood the argument "it plays just like the previous game."

1) Just because we play Halo, in which no two games are the same, doesn't mean every game has to be that way lol.

2) If it ain't broke..

3) There are quite a number of changes, but if you're just ignoring them, then sure it's just like Destiny 1.

There's a reason why people play the game and that's because it's fun how it is. Expand on it!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Agreed. Shoutouts to the 1070s! The game is gorgeous.

Never understood the argument "it plays just like the previous game."

1) Just because we play Halo, in which no two games are the same, doesn't mean every game has to be that way lol.

2) If it ain't broke..

3) There are quite a number of changes, but if you're just ignoring them, then sure it's just like Destiny 1.

There's a reason why people play the game and that's because it's fun how it is. Expand on it!

Agreed.  Lots of shit you can do to enhance a game without screwing with its base mechanics and character.  

How do you like the Tesseract PC case btw?  I need a new (cheap) case to replace my aging Antec 900 when i upgrade my PC and i narrowed it down to that one, the DeepCool Kendomen or the classic Cooler Master HAF 912.

Its hard to go wrong with the HAF 912 although its a little bulky depending on how much space you have to work with. Normally that's not an issue for most people though if that's the size of case you're looking at

hm, only see Splyce vs Liquid being a good match today. Possibly Ronin vs Naventic.

Tomorrow's gonna be great though, with OpTic vs Envy; I feel like Envy has really stepped it up lately but I haven't seen them streaming scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed.  Lots of shit you can do to enhance a game without screwing with its base mechanics and character.  

How do you like the Tesseract PC case btw?  I need a new (cheap) case to replace my aging Antec 900 when i upgrade my PC and i narrowed it down to that one, the DeepCool Kendomen or the classic Cooler Master HAF 912.

The Tesseract I have is okay; completely affordable and definitely gets the job done. Also does a magnificent job of keeping my PC cool. It's very well ventilated.

The biggest problem is space really, if I wanted to add another graphics card, I would need to get a bigger case because the HDD slots (as compared to the SSD) slots take up additional room where an additional graphics card would go. I also had to get pretty funky with my cable management to make sure everything fit. Also, because of the cramped space in that area, I went ahead and added some preemptive SATA cables and left them tucked in the front of the SSD/HDD slots in the event I want to add some additional hard drives later without having to move all the cables around; which I'm planning on getting another 4TB Hard Drive soon.

But other than those slight critiques, I love it. Definitely worth the price for sure. Good quality.

OpTic 3 - 2 EG 
EnVyUs 3 - 2 Luminosity
Splyce 3 - 2 Liquid
Ronin 3 - 2 Naventic

Sorry, OG & nV will sweep their series', Splyce might too.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like that Snakebite was contributing as well.

He takes scrims more serious than anyone, but when Frosty brings out the the baggs he has his teammate's back.

Everyone plays better when they're having fun - fact. What isn't fun about asserting your dominance and getting in someones head?

Also @@Moa I completely agree, why is it even a thing to complain about a GREAT game being the same?  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

P9x7gUN.gif

fixed for you friend!

This is the first time I have seen Halo under the esports betting tab, and its the only time I haven't got money spare to lose :kappa:

This is the first time I have seen Halo under the esports betting tab, and its the only time I haven't got money spare to lose :kappa:

Don't worry the odds are pretty terrible (understandably)

Having said that, I've put my 6.75 (my max bet on 365, oops) on Splyce  :simms:

I never gave Destiny much of a chance because I bought it at launch and felt it was nowhere close to $60 worth of content and after a week I was bored of grinding the same missions. Gameplay for PvE was fun but had no variety. Gameplay for PvP felt incredibly boring and not the least bit designed with competitive skill based gameplay in mind.

I can look past that if the game didn't ship bare bones. How is Destiny 2 going to be different at launch?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I never gave Destiny much of a chance because I bought it at launch and felt it was nowhere close to $60 worth of content and after a week I was bored of grinding the same missions. Gameplay for PvE was fun but had no variety. Gameplay for PvP felt incredibly boring and not the least bit designed with competitive skill based gameplay in mind.

I can look past that if the game didn't ship bare bones. How is Destiny 2 going to be different at launch?

A lot more content from the get go in Destiny 2, an actual story with a beginning, middle and end, a decent villain, refined and balanced PvP from the get go which has a much more competitive focus (as well as focusing on gun skill, not ability spam). 

I'd wait for the reviews, honestly. People have every right to be sceptical based on how D1 turned out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

A lot more content from the get go in Destiny 2, an actual story with a beginning, middle and end, a decent villain, refined and balanced PvP from the get go which has a much more competitive focus (as well as focusing on gun skill, not ability spam). 

I'd wait for the reviews, honestly. People have every right to be sceptical based on how D1 turned out. 

i just dont want to hop into D2 and realize that I need to go back and play D1 and its expansions to feel like I know what's going on. How much story was covered over the life of D1?

i just dont want to hop into D2 and realize that I need to go back and play D1 and its expansions to feel like I know what's going on. How much story was covered over the life of D1?

Honestly, not much. After the vanilla story of Destiny 1, the 'main' story was basically put on hold and every DLC and expansion was basically a self contained story that didn't directly deal with the City and the Traveler. Each DLC and expansion started a story off and quickly ended it. 

While Destiny 2 doesn't exactly pick up where Destiny 1 left off (where ever the fuck it did in the vanilla story), it relates entirely to the Traveler and your powers and stuff. 

If you didn't play Destiny 1, you're not missing anything that will be vital to the plot. You might miss a few references (one of which is in the beta strike) but you should be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, not much. After the vanilla story of Destiny 1, the 'main' story was basically put on hold and every DLC and expansion was basically a self contained story that didn't directly deal with the City and the Traveler. Each DLC and expansion started a story off and quickly ended it. 

While Destiny 2 doesn't exactly pick up where Destiny 1 left off (where ever the fuck it did in the vanilla story), it relates entirely to the Traveler and your powers and stuff. 

If you didn't play Destiny 1, you're not missing anything that will be vital to the plot. You might miss a few references (one of which is in the beta strike) but you should be fine.

awesome. looks like I'll have my hands full between that and ww2

Destiny had a fun gameplay loop, but I was burned out by the business model, the vanilla game had very little to keep me entertained and really wasn't worth the $60 I spent on it. Then I had to keep spending money for it to start resembling the game they marketed to me.

I'll probably sit Destiny 2 out until after a few price drops.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Destiny had a fun gameplay loop, but I was burned out by the business model, the vanilla game had very little to keep me entertained and really wasn't worth the $60 I spent on it. Then I had to keep spending money for it to start resembling the game they marketed to me.

I'll probably sit Destiny 2 out until after a few price drops.

Play Destiny for a month, run out of content. Get new DLC, play for another month(Other than House of Wolves). Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It would be great if more devs actually made complete games these days. I miss when you would buy a game, no matter what genre, and there'd be enough to keep you going for a long time (compared to the longevity of games today).

And then instead of DLC you'd have expansions which were basically 2/3 the size of the original game.

It would be great if more devs actually made complete games these days. I miss when you would buy a game, no matter what genre, and there'd be enough to keep you going for a long time (compared to the longevity of games today).

And then instead of DLC you'd have expansions which were basically 2/3 the size of the original game.

It really is "give us your money!" horseshit now. Even Zelda started doing it.