CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ace says it's bad practice, but it seems like the perfect practice for Frosty. Gotta make sure he's efficient with those bags for use at events...

• Upvote (+1) 2

"On mobile" is coded language for I'm too lazy to fiddle around on my phone.

That and mobile browsing is pretty shit, especially certain sites/apps over others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ace says it's bad practice, but it seems like the perfect practice for Frosty. Gotta make sure he's efficient with those bags for use at events...

I like that Snakebite was contributing as well.

He takes scrims more serious than anyone, but when Frosty brings out the the baggs he has his teammate's back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Could someone be so kind as to fill me in on what's going on right now in competitive Halo, I stopped following it for probably the past half year and have no idea what's going on.

Are we in the middle of another pro league?

When's the next event?

Anymore setting changes?

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Could someone be so kind as to fill me in on what's going on right now in competitive Halo, I stopped following it for probably the past half year and have no idea what's going on.

When's the next event?

Anymore setting changes?

Thanks.

It's horrible - not even worth following. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We are in the middle of the season but it feels like the off-season :stressed:

These are just 343 organized scrims.

It's horrible - not even worth following.

Yeah, it just really started to not capture my attention anymore, and it still seems pretty stale.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When's the next event?

Anymore setting changes?

Thanks.

we had 4 weeks between the end of summer to fall. that included a transfer period to the teams you see on front page

we just had the first week of fall league

JNKlAXD.png

we will have another week with each team playing wed and thur followed by 3 weeks off for another transfer period. then we get to see the teams play each other 3 more times over 2 weeks followed by another almost month off (sep 28 - oct 20) before dreamhack in denver.

this is the laziest fuck schedule to not have the teams play eachother more than once and to have more downtime than games. fuck esl

we have no clue what the future holds except that there are format changes which will be announced  soonTM over the coming months. who knows what that means.

cratos and probably huke are going to cod. players like snakebite are keeping options open since we dont know what will happen post denver.

ninja has "taken a break" for this season which means he's focusing on pubg (he already won an event!) and streaming. i dont see him returning if these coming changes aren't spectacular

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hopefully someone listens to @@Vivi I really liked his idea on how to run the HCS

Yeah, but good ideas and HCS mix like water and oil so...

• Upvote (+1) 1

These are just 343 organized scrims.

The main complaint I've seen is that there isn't enough. I don't see pro teams overly willing to join in community run cups and the online portion of the developer run scheme happens to be a short league. If you're not interested then don't watch but Halo isn't above online competition.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unless the format change is:

Handing the reigns to MLG

It's going to be around the same quality to we're at now. So it's best to just make good with what we have, as sad as that is to say unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unless the format change is:

Handing the reigns to MLG

It's going to be around the same quality to we're at now. So it's best to just make good with what we have, as sad as that is to say unfortunately.

Agreed.

I think if ESL gets resigned after Denver, I'm gonna call it a day. Give my attention to a franchise that actually earns/deserves it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Agreed.

I think if ESL gets resigned after Denver, I'm gonna call it a day. Give my attention to a franchise that actually earns/deserves it. 

Has it actually been confirmed ESL's NA contract is up for renewal after Denver?

Agreed.

Even if ESL/343 do part ways, can you really see another org wanting to take it on...? The game itself has seemingly unfixable issues with hit reg, heavy aim, ghost melees; pros are quite open about the fact that playing it isn't fun; and I can't imagine there more than 50k people who are still interested enough to play on a regular basis and form an audience.

I know we long for the MLG days, but at this point their return on investment would be so low, they're better off waiting to see what Halo 6 is like before getting into bed with 343...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When's the next event?

Anymore setting changes?

Thanks.

Accidental neg, sorry.

I had my phone open in my pocket

MLG would be nice but I'd love to see the UGC guys get a shot at HCS

• Upvote (+1) 1

Accidental neg, sorry.

I had my phone open in my pocket

MLG would be nice but I'd love to see the UGC guys get a shot at HCS

same. love the ugc guys

Given that no one is talking about the HCS ... anyone playing the Destiny 2 beta (PC)?  Honestly feels exactly like D1 to me, but at 144fps.  I was hoping for something a bit different, as I halfway-enjoyed D1, but I guess D2 is aimed squarely at current fans of the series

Given that no one is talking about the HCS ... anyone playing the Destiny 2 beta (PC)?  Honestly feels exactly like D1 to me, but at 144fps.  I was hoping for something a bit different, as I halfway-enjoyed D1, but I guess D2 is aimed squarely at current fans of the series

Runs like a dream on my 1070 at max settings. 

And I'm happy it's exactly like Destiny 1 - no reason to change a massively successful formula - I'm sure Bungie learned their lesson from Halo there? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

And I'm happy it's exactly like Destiny 1 - no reason to change a massively successful formula - I'm sure Bungie learned their lesson from Halo there? 

for sure, I guess the ideal would be to keep the core of the game but add interesting new features (that don't detract from the basic experience), like the transition from H2 to H3 

I preordered - never played Destiny 1 but hell, I'm bored as hell with H5 and it seems they're making minor improvements to PvP. Could be fun?