CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Quite surprised to see vexed go out so early and pretty impressed with a r8 sexy beaver.  I dont think infused were at their best at all but its nice to see some competition.  Next weeks cup should be interesting.  Hopefully it will finish at a more reasonable time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only CoD game I enjoyed was Black Ops 2, but it never gave me "THAT" feeling. I grew up on Arena shooters, so I'm probably cursed to only seriously enjoy Arena shooters.

You should try LawBreakers - one of the best shooters to come out in recent time. Extremely balanced and an incredibly high skill ceiling. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah. Modern military shooters just don't do it for me. I love that classic feeling of real run AND gun gameplay not run OR gun gameplay. I just can't enjoy gameplay where I have to stop and aim down the sights just to shoot at my opponent. The only other shooter I really play besides Halo is OW despite some of the more annoying characters and the ridiculous ults simply because it allows me to shoot, strafe, and jump all at the same time. Just pure, unadulterated FPS goodness. KISS... keep it simple stupid.

Overwatch really tickles me where no other game can right now. Blizzard is the goat.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Overwatch really tickles me where no other game can right now. Blizzard is the goat.

After years of only owning Halo I made the jump earlier this year and bought OW and Rocket League, H5 just became so stale and repetitive. Overwatch has a completely different feel but I haven't had this much fun playing an Xbox game since like '05. Only gripe is a couple of the ults seem too game changing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After years of only owning Halo I made the jump earlier this year and bought OW and Rocket League, H5 just became so stale and repetitive. Overwatch has a completely different feel but I haven't had this much fun playing an Xbox game since like '05. Only gripe is a couple of the ults seem too game changing.

One of the best things about playing many more games is that I come back to Halo 5 and actually enjoy myself. Now obviously the top competitors can't do this due to the crazy amount of gametime required to win a tournament but for the rest of us its nice. For the longest time (maybe 10 years?) I played nothing but Halo all day every day. Now that I've hung up the sticks its a whole new world of gaming.

As for Ults in OW - there is a lot of depth to the system. Using it too soon, waiting to combine it with someone else, getting a very clutch solo ult on a mercy that is about to use her ult & potentially saving the day... I love the high level meta so much!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Am I the only one who really enjoys playing the HCS playlist in H5?

Are you playing solo?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you playing solo?

It varies, I prefer to have at least one person with me but most of the time it would be solo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup.

:D  :D  

Stick a fork in you.

Yolo-Q ain't so bad compared to previous Halos. I couldn't stand the competitive playlist in Reach, Halo 4 or H2A when alone. Obviously H2/H3 were the superior experience but it's not too terrible given the population..

• Upvote (+1) 2

nope, empire strongholds

Without AR and radar, Empire SH is pretty good imo. You have to have a really quick sense of when to rotate, spawns, when to chase the trip cap, when to desperate the pit, etc. And I find the amount of power items (2-OS/camo) to be very appropriate for the map, it "feels right", as opposed to Eden SH which I find to be a bit messy. I like that the gametype let's you sorta play your own way, it equally rewards individual plays (outside flanks, security flanks, going turbine to battle someone) and team pushes on Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UPDATE!!!

Once again, Thank you guys for all your love, support, and prayers for my mom and our family. I'm still going to pray that this healing process is easy, and I cannot wait to see my mom again! 

I've been pretty absent on the forums lately, but I came back to see if you updated and this is amazing news! It must have been an extremely harrowing time for you and your family.

And TB events will still use default settings.

Smh

I was hoping you had left by now

I guess I have "retired"? Can I at least keep the green name  

xnfCJ7f.png kknC8pz.gif

Shiiiiit, two big droppings.

We talking about the HWC in 2016 and 2017 respectively?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I did but it's stale now - no new maps or gametypes and ranking system is not very satisfying. 

You can literally play the same shit every other game and it is sweaty as hell. They also re-worked the ranking system where you barely move up with wins against equal ranked opponents but then drop like crazy after losing to some smurfs. It seems to be a 3 wins of work can be taken away by 1 loss - just makes me want to question life, kills my drive. In a perfect world I could just go screw around on a social playlist after sweating it out for 3 w's and then ended up where I started after a loss, but I cannot play the old radar anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is this the last pro league before another break or is it next week lmao? 

Quite surprised to see vexed go out so early and pretty impressed with a r8 sexy beaver.  I dont think infused were at their best at all but its nice to see some competition.  Next weeks cup should be interesting.  Hopefully it will finish at a more reasonable time.

We didn't play this Sunday due to family reasons! Will be playing next week :-)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I did but it's stale now - no new maps or gametypes and ranking system is not very satisfying. 

You can literally play the same shit every other game and it is sweaty as hell. They also re-worked the ranking system where you barely move up with wins against equal ranked opponents but then drop like crazy after losing to some smurfs. It seems to be a 3 wins of work can be taken away by 1 loss - just makes me want to question life, kills my drive. In a perfect world I could just go screw around on a social playlist after sweating it out for 3 w's and then ended up where I started after a loss, but I cannot play the old radar anymore.

honestly I just ignore the ranking, it's basically meaningless (and doesn't match your MMR anyway).  as long as the games are reasonably close and fun ...

and yeah, I agree, it's ruined most other playlists for me; similar to ZBNS MLG in Reach, it instantly made everything else except for Snipers unplayable.  can't remember the last time I played Slayer, Arena, Doubles, etc., in H5

• Upvote (+1) 4

lul before the game is even out signing players.

Hopefully the competitive scene is on PC.

Who am I kidding, Sony will pay huge money so it will be on PS4. And then we have to watch shitty 30fps gameplay.  

Halo's Esport scene should be on PC going forward, and Destiny should be aswell. For CoD it is too late

Anybody that suggests that Halo competitive go to PC gets an auto-neg.

Stop it.

Nope.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anybody that suggests that Halo competitive go to PC gets an auto-neg.

Stop it.

Nope.

im fine with it being on PC as long as its using controllers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is this the last pro league before another break or is it next week lmao? 

Wednesday and Thursday this week, and then on break until September 20th.

ESL  :wutface:

Wednesday and Thursday this week, and then on break until September 20th.

ESL  :wutface:

Lmao - I love laughing at their incompetence. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lmao - I love laughing at their incompetence. 

I think you guys are too hard on 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1