CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Shiiiiit, two big droppings.

everyone always talks about Formal and Crim being the greatest but I think JKap has outplaced them in the past couple years

Some of those AGL were hype, I'd consider the Top 3 for a lot of those as something. Are we not going to count the Halo 5 Orange County event next because of 28 teams?

Curious to see how we draw the line.

Ninja won the most competitive AGL so I think it's fair to say it counts as a real win.  the H4 win at MLG Dallas is meaningless imo

H6 2018/2019? - Going back to the roots? (Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, COD: WW2)

I feel like they might end up trying to have the best of both worlds ... ranked/arena as "classic" settings, social/WZ as random b.s. modes.  This won't really work, but that's actually a pretty good indication that 343 will try to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like NV is keeping Apathy. Thats an interesting move to be honest. It makes sense tho. Looks like its gonna be Slasher, Ap, Huke, and Temp. Possible TJ Haly instead of Temp? idk but I'm excited to see how this shakes out.  :)

You do realize that cod has always had sprint right? Even ww2. Large maps need fast movement. Either you're gonna have your character zooming around the map at 130% base speed which would most likely be a clusterfuck or you give the option to drop your gun for increased movement.

Take out thrusters and spartan charge and i think you see better movement. There is a risk for greater speed to catch a flag or claim a weapon since you dont have spartan charge or the ability to lurch at a 90° angle

In this instance I think he's referencing the future of Halo. If Sprint is all that Halo will continue to be then I ain't buying another Halo game.

Both Reach and H4 were astronomically better without Sprint. 130% base speed might look high as a number and I don't think that high a speed would necessarily be required (110% was NS in Reach), but it should be noted base movement has always been toned down in Sprint games to give the illusion you're moving faster with a relative speed increase. Where exactly in the current rotation would we get stuck with NS settings (purely theoretical)? Fathom CTF probably wouldn't work but if I don't watch another game of that again I'd be a happy man. Strongholds would still be viable you might just need to bump up the points slightly but it doesn't seem implausible that you couldn't work with a lot of the current map / gametype rotation.

OT- Ninja's first game POV in squads w/ comms if anyone missed it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For those that remember what rostermania is, it's going on right now for CoD

https://twitter.com/JKap415/status/901549585084108801

https://twitter.com/envy_j0hn/status/901558307793588224

Rumors of Huke joining nV CoD grows..

There is no rumor. It's temp, huke, slasher for sure. Apathy is looking like the 4th

It's interesting that kap said he is a restricted free agent. Never heard of that in esports

teams are forfeiting in this placement cup because it started late and they want to watch the fight LOL

also they are doing the entire tourney in one day instead of two like they had scheduled 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's interesting that kap said he is a restricted free agent. Never heard of that in esports

Happens all the time in CS. Player is no longer in the orgs plans but still has a contract with a buyout. Meet the buyout and you can have him, otherwise we will let him sit here for a year or however long.

teams are forfeiting in this placement cup because it started late and they want to watch the fight LOL

also they are doing the entire tourney in one day instead of two like they had scheduled

Any word on why they are doing an accelerated schedule? And will it be streamed?

There is no rumor. It's temp, huke, slasher for sure. Apathy is looking like the 4th

It's really common, and you've seen it happen in Halo, but orgs rarely hold it tightly and usually bend to the player.

Restricted Free Agent means you're still under contract with the org but you're allowed to talk to other orgs/players to entertain offers without them having to first go through your manager (I believe) -- but in order for you to go to whatever team, there is still a buyout attached to your contract.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any word on why they are doing an accelerated schedule? And will it be streamed?

nope but apparently it was communicated to the players at the start of the tourney today

also no streams until the legendary cups

Who is the new wise?

Rammyy Cloud Demon Artic. Also I think that the first open cup being 2 weeks away makes this seeding cup even more pointless.

If Halo dies, would H6 have a greater chance of not looking like H4/H2A/H5 or playing like CoD? I honestly think H5 is right above rock bottom. Just a little more and we're there right?

• Downvote (-1) 1

BF has never, ever left its roots.

Also all the games in 2015 were in development for a while and announced around similar times. It was a trend yes, but a coincidental one.

HARDLINE would like to have a word with you.

Also the similarities aren't entirely coincidental. COD modernized FPS movement, and everyone wanted to be the next credited with a shakeup. So they all aimed at advanced movement. It just so happens there aren't many ways to skin that cat, so we had convergence.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like NV is keeping Apathy. Thats an interesting move to be honest. It makes sense tho. Looks like its gonna be Slasher, Ap, Huke, and Temp. Possible TJ Haly instead of Temp? idk but I'm excited to see how this shakes out.  :)

Welp lmao

everyone always talks about Formal and Crim being the greatest but I think JKap has outplaced them in the past couple years

I believe in Grand Finals. I think Optic is still the most winning-est.