CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Link to that info?

Don't have a link, but I'm 90% sure people said that 343 had already confirmed it?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I remember towards the beginning of Halo 5's lifecycle they mentioned something like Halo 6 won't be changed much from Halo 5.  Hopefully they've rethought that because if not, fuck them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i think/hope the reason why halo 6 was "delayed" is because they are shifting to a more classic play style and they needed more time to make that happen

and hopefully that explains why we never got more maps/gametypes because they didn't want to spend time working on stuff for a style of halo that isn't going to be relevant anymore 

/tinfoil

• Upvote (+1) 8

hope is all we got right now

we know it, they know it

it is what it is

cod ww2 looks dope tho  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 1

343's Halo games have been built around the current trend in the FPS genre at the time of their release. 

H4 2012 - Loadouts (Pretty much every single FPS tried to copy COD's formula around this time)

H5 2015 - Enhanced Movement (Titanfall, Evolve, SW: Battlefront, Destiny, COD: AW)

H6 2018/2019? - Going back to the roots? (Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, COD: WW2)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Damn, this is how we find out Victory is retiring?

He was damn good last season and didn't even deserve to be dropped.

:mj:

Dropped for a garbage pro he's way better than.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then halo is dead.

Which is super sad considering the COD fanbase was able to stick it out until cod went back to it's roots. But the halo fanbase just caves.

I suppose at this point all the real halo fans have moved on.

What did the cod folks do differently? As far as i can tell they play the most recent game, even if the mechanics are shitty... just like the halo community.

343's Halo games have been built around the current trend in the FPS genre at the time of their release.

H4 2012 - Loadouts (Pretty much every single FPS tried to copy COD's formula around this time)

H5 2015 - Enhanced Movement (Titanfall, Evolve, SW: Battlefront, Destiny, COD: AW)

H6 2018/2019? - Going back to the roots? (Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, COD: WW2)

"Our fans have spoken loud and clear. Halo is at it's best when we aren't chasing industry trends. With that in mind, unlike everyone else, we will NOT be going back to our roots. Instead we will buck that trend and continue our current trajectory. We couldn't be happier to pick this time to finally start listening to feedback.

-Bonnie Ross

• Upvote (+1) 3

BF has never, ever left its roots.

Also all the games in 2015 were in development for a while and announced around similar times. It was a trend yes, but a coincidental one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm still pretty upset about Victory he was playing so well the last time I watched him play I remember him going off on coli with snipe etc and then he got shaded out of pro league

• Upvote (+1) 2

VQjNW4m.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=209486860&postcount=293

I fully expect this to change based on how well received WWII was. 

I honestly want it to still be in the game. I just want a classic competitive section as well.

It's 100% possible to include both the Halo 5 movement system and the classic in one game. Just when you do the comp side make it more like 1/2/3 and let warzone/campaign keep the movement system where to me it makes sense to have it. Because I do enjoy it. I just happen to enjoy the classic halo more for actual competition.

I enjoy the AR being useful and not trash. I enjoy using different weapons that are viable or fun to use. I just want them to be separate from the actual esport side.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When 343 decides to show h6 gameplay, if it looks similar to h5 I will not buy it. I have bought and grinded every halo(except halo wars), and if they are dumb enough to build off what h5 offers I will officially move on. I'm already going to grind ww2 as well so we will see...

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's 100% possible to include both the Halo 5 movement system and the classic in one game.

Only if you want competitive to be played completely on Forge maps, which 343i will never allow.

Only if you want competitive to be played completely on Forge maps, which 343i will never allow.

No, they could do it. Wether it would be worth it money and time wise is another thing.

No, they could do it. Wether it would be worth it money and time wise is another thing.

Maps designed around Sprint, clamber and thrust do not work well with classic Halo movement and vice versa.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maps designed around Sprint, clamber and thrust do not work well with classic Halo movement and vice versa.

...which is why they would be designed differently. Same maps but designed for different movement opitions.

Like I said, it is possible. Just would be hugely time consuming/take a lot of money.

It's just my dream anyways. I aint saying its going to to happen.

Then halo is dead.

Which is super sad considering the COD fanbase was able to stick it out until cod went back to it's roots. But the halo fanbase just caves.

I suppose at this point all the real halo fans have moved on.

You do realize that cod has always had sprint right? Even ww2. Large maps need fast movement. Either you're gonna have your character zooming around the map at 130% base speed which would most likely be a clusterfuck or you give the option to drop your gun for increased movement.

Take out thrusters and spartan charge and i think you see better movement. There is a risk for greater speed to catch a flag or claim a weapon since you dont have spartan charge or the ability to lurch at a 90° angle