CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LG (Ninja) is doing work in PUBG squads. Placed 1st and 2nd. One more game to go.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Ninja wins the PUBG squads tourney is he on par with Formal? He's won Halo, H1Z1 and PUBG

Are we just forgetting Shadowrun Champion Ogre 2?

Each Halo was very different from one another as well. That is a LOT of titles to be a champion in... not sure anyone will come close to him or Fatality.

OT: Ninja is so much fun to watch.

Didn't he and Walshy also win a Battlefield 2 tournament after something like 2 weeks of practice?

Legit strat at the end to have someone stay and heal the whole time.

Nicely done LG.

Gotta say, the transparency of Bluehole and Player Unknown this weekend has been top tier. Community manager AND Player Unknown have both got on stream to thank everyone for watching and apologise for the problems that have occurred.

Major props

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gotta say, the transparency of Bluehole and Player Unknown this weekend has been top tier. Community manager AND Player Unknown have both got on stream to thank everyone for watching and apologise for the problems that have occurred.

Major props

Wait, admitting fault is a good thing? I thought the current meta was to blame others?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, admitting fault is a good thing? I thought the current meta was to blame others?

What part of 200,000 cables do you not understand  :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is a dumb argument.

Of course people can always try to do things on their own, and they should if it's really important to them.

At the same time, telling Oriiii to do his own tournaments if he doesn't like the settings that are being used is about as pointless as if 343 told everyone to make their own game if they don't like Halo 5.  I realize making a game and running a tournament are on two different levels, but the point stands.

no, it's not the same thing at all

a no sprint tournament isn't even a good idea, h5 in it's current form would play like dog shit without sprint

oriii is just as foolish as the people who believe we should have kept playing halo 3 for the last ten years

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Major props

I would say it's a major reason why the game is so successful even in alpha. They truly listen to the community and provide constant updates and fixes to their game. 

Who is the worst player on EG?

I'm thinking it's Roy right now. Lunchbox has a massive choke potential but his decision making is usually great, maybe even top tier (if we believe @Lethul). Roy is just lackluster in every way now besides his pistol, which is only slightly above average (relative to the pros). Falc and Tapping are much better at 1v1 encounters and movement mechanics than he is. His awareness in H5 lately has been pretty bad too.

a no sprint tournament isn't even a good idea, h5 in it's current form would play like dog shit without sprint

oriii is just as foolish as the people who believe we should have kept playing halo 3 for the last ten years

Worth pointing out that the game plays like dog shit with spring too. But I would agree with you. If you play a no sprint tournament, you need an entirely new set of maps to go with it.

With that, if anything it's so much easier to run tourneys these days with social media, forums, challonge, etc. That's why it was awesome to see people like Jwalk run them on the past, he didn't make excuses - he did it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really think that's super unreasonable. In the last 10 years we had a decent run with MLG on Reach so that made sense if we don't talk about how the game wasn't actually fun. The back end of Reach and H4? Reach finally didn't suck but we just had AGL and H4 was garbage, the game was dead, and the TO was shady then MCC didn't work. Obviously nobody was willing to put in the massive amount of effort to make it work but you can't really believe most of the people around here sticking around for 10 years despite most of them not actually enjoying the game they play wasn't foolish. This doesn't really apply to people who legitimately enjoyed those games but if we're being real they aren't in the majority around here. Its crazy that people choose to play the game they hate instead of just enjoying whatever they felt was actually fun.

As for no sprint H5 or whatever I agree it wouldn't work. This game and its maps need the spartan abilities because without them you just get a wonky pseudo classic experience that's actually terrible when applied to all of the weird map geometry this game has

Whether or not a no sprint tournament is a good idea is irrelevant to my point. I was only commenting on the approach to the argument.

inb4 some says "If you don't like it, make your own argument"